The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What I Did on My Lunch Hour (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58219)

Vic Piano 06-10-2016 03:25 PM

Re: What I Did on My Lunch Hour

Andy, I have no idea what you are talking about...:confused:

adileo 06-10-2016 07:54 PM

On the bottom of this message screen click on "go advance" the. Above where you type there should be a paper clip to attach pictures. When you click that paper clip you should see a browse button. Once you click that it should enable you to go to folders to attach pics.

Vic Piano 06-11-2016 06:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'll give that a try but that is much more cumbersome than what I have been doing.:(
Attachment 273250
It worked.:) Thanks for the help.

adileo 06-11-2016 02:13 PM

Great pic - who has it better than you:)

Glad it worked

VeryTangled 06-11-2016 04:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi Everyone,

Vic said "I can no longer post photos from other websites or photo storage sites, here on the FordBarn?"

I understand you're wanting to have the photo inserted from a web address, correct?

See the red circle in first pic, can you paste your address into here?

Another tip, the way I captured this was using the Snipping Tool which has been in Windows forever. It grabs what is on your screen to a file. Vic this can be a work-around tool. I use it a lot to take anything I can see on screen, and save it to a file to use for the Upload From File feature of the same page.

Here's another Win10 lifesaver. When you have a program running that you will use frequently, pin it to the bar at the bottom. Do this by hovering the mouse over the icon (while the program is running) and Right Click, then select Pin To Taskbar. Even when you close the program, the button stays. Now you have one-click access to your favorite programs! See the bottom row on my screenshot? That's the stuff I use most frequently.

Another one to help find files on the computer. Don't use Cortana, I don't so can't say expertly, but I found it tried to search the web first before my local computer. Open the File Explorer (Start, type FILE), use the search box in that to find local files. See second pic.

Just learned something, the Snipping tool (Click Start, type SNIP, it's found), has a pen feature that I used on the second picture. Great for pointing out WHERE something goes?!

PS. That's one cool looking ragtop. Used properly, that is, frequently!

Vic Piano 06-11-2016 05:10 PM

Hi Jeff,

Before my computer was hijacked by windows 10, I was able to insert photos on the FordBarn from FaceBook, etc. Also, the photos were full size... Everything you said sounds good except, I don't understand a word of it...:eek: Call me old school but, it took me a long time to figure out the PC.
(Funny thing is, I use computers in audio/video post production all the time without any trouble). Maybe I'm set in my ways or just too lazy... All I know is, I can still post photos the old way on the Cigar City Flatheads FaceBook page on FaceBook.

Thanks for trying to help me with this, I appreciate it.

Vic Piano 06-11-2016 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adileo (Post 1307503)
Great pic - who has it better than you:)

Glad it worked

Thanks. As for 'who has it better than me'... How much time have you got... I doubt there is enough bandwidth for that list...:D

VeryTangled 06-11-2016 05:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Vic, I think what you want to do to achieve your goal, not being a Facebook user, is find the URL or web address of the picture you've uploaded to some other site. Can't tell you how to ask Facebook to do that.

If that's possible, copy and paste that address in to the circled area in pic1, that area is expecting you to put in a URL (a www.blablabla.com\yourphotonamefromfacebook.jpg). This will cause FordBarn to display the image which is stored somewhere else on the web.

This is the process I used when I used a lot of PhotoBucket photos to be in my FordBarn posts. So far that's was the only way I ever posted a photo AT FULL SCREEN SIZE. Photobucket showed the address that I'm talking about right beside each photo, at least my photos, making it easy to copy for later pasting. Not sure how to ask Facebook.

This is a lame-ass work around that lets you post something/anything you can see. Problem is that needs blowing up by the viewer.
#1 Went to your Facebook page.
#2, Click Window logo key on keyboard with left index finger
#3, Type SNIP (Bastard Operating System searches for this phrase among installed programs)
#4, Click Mouse on Snipping Tool to start tool (pops up at top of list under Best Match)
#5, Click Mouse on New, screen goes grey
#6, Click-Drag-Release through area to capture (is like copying something)
#7, Click Mouse on picture of floppy disk (Save Snip) to Save to local storage
#8, Save in convenient location with memorable name.
Now you have a screen grab.
Then I uploaded it using the paperclip from Go To Advanced on this site.

V8COOPMAN 06-12-2016 05:58 PM

https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/attach...8&d=1465684925

Angledrive 06-12-2016 08:17 PM

Damn nice pic

Vic Piano 06-13-2016 08:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Jeff, I appreciate that but... That's way too much trouble. Thanks to V8COOPMAN for posting one of the two FaceBook pages that the Cigar City Flatheads have. There are a ton of Flathead related pages on FaceBook, I recommend checking them out.:)
Attachment 273464

VeryTangled 06-13-2016 10:53 AM

Hi Everyone, V8COOPMAN, what do you do to post in full size? I'd like to know your process. Thanks!

Vic Piano 06-13-2016 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeryTangled (Post 1308371)
Hi Everyone, V8COOPMAN, what do you do to post in full size? I'd like to know your process. Thanks!

So would I, especially if its an easy one...LOL;)

V8COOPMAN 06-13-2016 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeryTangled (Post 1308371)

Very simple guys, as in Vic's pic below. Step by step........Most importantly, you must remember that Vic's thumbnail is ALREADY posted somewhere on the WWW (on FordBarn in this case), so that it now has it's very own "URL".

1. I click on his thumbnail to make it bigger, and again to make it it's largest. You can do this with ANY image ALREADY posted ANYwhere on the internet.

2. I then right-click on the picture. Left-click on PROPERTIES. The "URL" appears..........HIGHLITE and "COPY" the URL in it's entirety.

3. Then, as in this case, I clicked on "QUOTE" to open this REPLY window, but any "REPLY" window will work similarly.

4. Note the SQUARE, YELLOW stamp-looking ICON with two mountains at top, right-center of the reply window. LEFT-click that YELLOW icon. When the little window opens, I hit BACKSPACE, which clears the highlited "http://", to leave the full line blank. I then place my cursor on the blank line, RIGHT-click, and then "PASTE" the previously-COPIED "URL" into that blank line. As soon as you LEFT-click on "OK", the big pic appears as such....easy-peasy! DD

https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/attach...4&d=1465826216

Vic Piano 06-13-2016 01:51 PM

Thanks, I'll give that a try.:)

Vic Piano 06-13-2016 02:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I tried but, when I get to your step 2, after I left click, there is no Properties option to click on...? The choices given are Save picture as/share picture/copy picture/ select all/ copy/inspect element/view source...??? This is on windows 10... This is the best I got...

V8COOPMAN 06-13-2016 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vic Piano (Post 1308469)
I tried but, when I get to your step 2, after I left click, there is no Properties option to click on...? The choices given are Save picture as/share picture/copy picture/ select all/ copy/inspect element/view source...??? This is on windows 10... This is the best I got...

"VIEW SOURCE" seems to be the choice, according to what I'm reading on "WIKI".

I've had a brand new Windows 10 computer sitting here, still packed in the box for about three months now......just waiting to piss me off when I finally crank it up. DD

https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/attach...6&d=1465845249

oldford2 06-13-2016 03:23 PM

I get the pop up window often to upgrade to windows 10. BUT...is it free forever or do you have to eventually pay for it?? Be carefull. Nothing is free.
John

V8COOPMAN 06-13-2016 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldford2 (Post 1308493)
I get the pop up window often to upgrade to windows 10. BUT...is it free forever or do you have to eventually pay for it?? Be carefull. Nothing is free.
John

Yikes......I've heard that can be a gi-hugic bag of worms! DD

https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=OIP.Mef...951o0&pid=15.1

Vic Piano 06-13-2016 04:03 PM

It is a can of worms... I kept refusing to upgrade and one day the computer did it on its own... A major PITA... I'll give it another try with the "vies source" and see how that goes. thanks for the help.