The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Just Sone Project Updates (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245056)

TomT/Williamsburg 05-27-2018 10:06 AM

Just Sone Project Updates

11 Attachment(s)
To the moderator - I am not exactly in the stock realm as much as I should be, so should you delete this, I understand.

Just some frame updates ..... should you have any questions or comments not exactly Fordbarn friendly, just send me a message ....

I am getting there - should be down on all 4s soon ....

Mart 05-28-2018 02:43 AM

Re: Just Sone Project Updates

Neat.

mfagan 05-28-2018 02:10 PM

Looks good to me!

RKS.PA 05-28-2018 02:31 PM

Beautiful work, Tom. If you covered it in an earlier post, forgive the question, but what are you shooting for as the final "product" on this one?

TomT/Williamsburg 05-28-2018 11:15 PM

Thanks , gents - '58 364 Buick Nailhead, 60 over, 401 cam, adjustable pushrods with nearly all of the engine internals from Russ Martin out in Calif, basically stock looking 4 bbl engine, 88-93 CobraT5Z 5 speed that can handle 330+ ft lbs of torque (and the Buick will be using all of that), 9" w/3:25 rear, Ford Bronco 2.5" brakes to help stop this beast, 40 Ford front spring out back w/modified 35-36 wishbones with homemade brackets to mount them on the 9", 4" dropped axle, '53 F100 front brakes converted to self adjusters, 35 Plymouth artillery wheels, jenny 32 Ford 5-window body off of a restored car (I bought just the body, nothing else) and it's remaining with stock interior, seat, dash, upholstery, original 2-pc hood tops ( with original paint on them I might add) no roof cut, cloth insert, and it's only second paint job with dark green paint. Rumble has been converted to a trunk (started by the previous owner), 35 Buick gauges, 37 Packard headlight buckets, and 33-34 Ford taillight housings converted to 53 Buick taillights.

The entire build has been on the Hamb for quite a while and the link to review it is below but if you have any further questions, drop me a message and I'll answer it. IMHO, the jenny stock body and the mixture of so many old Ford parts (and parts from other makes) is what makes it Fordbarn material and also unique. After that, I have gone AWOL from the Flathead world ....

TomT/Williamsburg 05-31-2018 10:37 PM

9 Attachment(s)
New front brake hoses, "bench" bled the mc, and dropped the frame off the rotisserie - she is now back on all 4s .....

RKS.PA 06-01-2018 08:48 AM

Looking good, Tom. Bet you're having fun seeing this finally coming together!!!

Dick.

TomT/Williamsburg 06-01-2018 02:45 PM

You bet! Got the wheels all lined up and square today. Tomorrow I will drop in the motor and trans ....

TomT/Williamsburg 06-02-2018 05:23 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Motor and trans are in, clutch linkage is installed and works well, and a whole bunch of other small items are now done. Making progress ....

cmbrucew 06-02-2018 06:24 PM

Tom
I had an AC filter housing like that and they are a bitch to change on the side of the road.
Bruce

TomT/Williamsburg 06-02-2018 11:09 PM

This us the first one I have ever installed - I have it in an open area with plenty of room around it to make the filter. We shall see but thanks for the warning! Lol!

'36 5W 06-03-2018 10:42 AM

That mid-section of your beefed up frame ought to handle the torque of that Buick just fine.
And the mixture of your "updates" will make for a very tasteful, traditional.....................you know what!

TomT/Williamsburg 06-03-2018 11:57 AM

Thank you - I have built my share of Flathead non-stock cars this was a big departure for me. Have not built one like this since the early 90s that I had to relearn everything !!!!

sidevalve8ba 06-03-2018 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmbrucew (Post 1635873)
Tom
I had an AC filter housing like that and they are a bitch to change on the side of the road.
Bruce

Tom,
I understand those filters are real good at filtering out tumbleweed! Know what I mean? :rolleyes: :D Keep up the good work my friend.

TomT/Williamsburg 06-03-2018 07:15 PM

Thanks for reminding me, Ted - just in case that should EVER be needed! Lol!

TomT/Williamsburg 06-14-2018 10:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I am on to the firewall now, cleaning it up after heavy mods to shoehorn my non-flattie motor in .... chassis is a complete roller with brakes, shocks, steering, park brake. It's starting to look like a car ....

TomT/Williamsburg 06-18-2018 09:59 PM

8 Attachment(s)
More firewall progress .... I may be moving the fuse panel further up to the top of the firewall. Right now it's "too visible" for me .....

TomT/Williamsburg 06-19-2018 07:56 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I did not like the location of the fuse box - too low, hence, too visible. Moved it to the upper left corner of the firewall - it's in keeping with my plan, is simpler, easier to run wires, and not as visible .....

TomT/Williamsburg 06-19-2018 08:22 PM

Duplicate

zzlegend 06-20-2018 08:00 AM

Excellent Tom. I need to bring you my next project. Mark.