The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Paul Shinn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305433)

jayvee34 10-20-2021 08:51 AM

Paul Shinn

Just seen this morning on YouTube that Paul is in very bad health.
I have seen a lot of his video's and some were very helpful.
Best wishes to him and his family.

TomInCologne 10-20-2021 08:59 AM

Re: Paul Shinn

I was really shocked when i saw that video.
Get well soon!

BRENT in 10-uh-C 10-20-2021 09:28 AM

Me also.

For me, as I recently had just lost my spouse when I read the title to the video my heart sank and I actually got sick to my stomach. I must confess that as I began watching it, I felt the first part I was watching was previous footage just before his death and next we were then going to watch his service. To say I was overjoyed at the end to see him talking on camera would definitely be understatement.

CatMan1 10-20-2021 10:24 AM

When I first saw the title with the phrase, 'Celebration of life', I thought he had passed. Around here that is what we sometimes call funerals. I never knew he had all those medical conditions. He has such a great wife that is such a joy to see him helping with the cars and by his side.

Stingray70 10-20-2021 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C (Post 2068438)
Me also.

For me, as I recently had just lost my spouse when I read the title to the video my heart sank and I actually got sick to my stomach. I must confess that as I began watching it, I felt the first part I was watching was previous footage just before his death and next we were then going to watch his service. To say I was overjoyed at the end to see him talking on camera would definitely be understatement.

That was my reaction too. I am very happy he is still with us.

Y-Blockhead 10-20-2021 10:41 AM

In the previous video about the Mail Truck that won awards in the Car Show I noticed in his intro he seemed out of breath. He wasn't at the show and said he was on "Special Assignment". Model 'T' shot that video.

Get better soon Paul!!

Sunny the Model A 10-20-2021 10:48 AM

Thank God he is still here. His video on why the Model A is the greatest car ever built is what cemented my faith in Fords and got me into the Model A community. Get well soon Paul!

JayJay 10-20-2021 10:58 AM

Several months ago Paul called in as a guest to our regular monthly Zoom chapter meeting. He is every bit the gracious gentleman that he appears on his videos. Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery, Paul, and a belated happy birthday as well. And I have to say I heartedly approve of your therapy - a drive in the Model A followed by pizza at the lake. I'll have to sell that to my bride.

JayJay

BrianH 10-20-2021 11:04 AM

Paul, Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

pjdeb 10-20-2021 12:09 PM

I bought my first Model A at 71. I was looking for something new I could learn. Helps with brain cell cobwebs. Paul's videos have helped me time and time again. There is an amazing amount of knowledge on this forum, and on the internet. The difference with Paul is the amount of passion, humor and fun he displays. The segments with his wife also show that he is a very lucky man. Thank you and all the best to him for years to come.

Gold Digger 10-20-2021 01:34 PM

Hang in there Paul, we need you. Get well soon.

henry's 31 10-20-2021 01:35 PM

I eco all the statement above. Paul is a great Ambassador to the MOdel A community and a class act. He has given so much to the hobby and we appreciate him so much. I keep him, wife and family in my prayers and it is my hope that the Lord bless him with a long life. I know he is a fighter and will do all he can to conquer his medical issues. THANK YOU PAUL!.

Eccentric Old Guy 10-20-2021 07:31 PM

I found Paul Shinn a few months ago, and have seen some of his videos......I've been seeing some of the others regularly. I am impressed with his dedication to Model A's and knowledge. Great sense of humor, and has a great relationship with Model T, his wife. He's the kind of guy you wish were your neighbor! :)

In one of his videos, can't remember which, he gave a little warning about the "experts" on the forums.....which brings to mind that old saying about "Everyone's got one", if you know what I mean!

McMimmcs 10-20-2021 08:55 PM

Get well soon Paul. Prayers are being said for a speedy recovery. Wayne

flybob08 10-20-2021 09:24 PM

Best wishes for a fast and complete recovery- prayers are with you and your family

P.S. 10-20-2021 10:49 PM

Dear fellow Model A addicts,

Thank you SO much for the prayers and kindness you have shown to both Tina and myself. There is no doubt, the Model A community is the absolute best. We are truly not worthy. We were both somewhat hesitant to post the last video, but in the end, decided it was best to just lay it all out and be open with everyone. We're just regular people, flaws and all. We aren't celebrities or TV stars, we just make low budget videos for YT to help other Model A owners and prospective Model A owners, so what would we be trying to prove by pretending it didn't happen? We knew posting that was the right thing to do. Thanks to Tina for helping put it together.

Yes, this was a really close call, and it had our undivided attention. Model T never left my side, and since she's a nurse, that was helpful!

The good news is, I am recovering VERY quickly. Our doctor has been in shock how fast the recovery is happening. They thought I was going to be on oxygen at least 6 weeks HA! Try 6 days! I only use it at night now, but even that is soon to pass. The pneumonia is 90% gone. The heart problem... Well, that's something I have to deal with, but it won't stop me. It never has.

Model T and I will record this Saturday's video tomorrow with an update and viewer mail. INSIDER HINT: You can tell when I'm not feeling good enough to turn wrenches whenever the video is "viewer mail".

I know that I have an obligation to turn out decent, helpful videos for everyone. And that is the plan. Very soon, we will get back to instructional videos. That's a promise!

God bless,
Paul

Eccentric Old Guy 10-21-2021 01:46 AM

Thank you Paul......looking forward to your great videos for a long time to come!

henry's 31 10-21-2021 06:38 AM

Thanks, Paul, like I said before a Class Act. We are all grateful to you. God Bless.

Brendan 10-21-2021 07:30 AM

Thanks Paul , I'm glad your feeling better

Jeff/Illinois 10-21-2021 09:10 AM

Good news Paul, and we will patiently and eagerly wait for your next video.

Don't think you are under a time line, take it slow.

We are happy to go back and re-watch your previous work:):):)

Jeff