The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   A495 - some concerns (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=266418)

dean from bozeman 07-16-2019 11:25 AM

A495 - some concerns

Howdy Fellow Model A'ers,

Staying in the hobby
Though A495 is up for sale I am not withdrawing from the Model A hobby. Several of you sent me an e-mail asking about and I wanted to clarify. I am withdrawing myself from future fine point competitions, but I will always have A38131, my barn find Tudor. I started this hobby with a Tudor and I'll end with a Tudor.

I also am very active in helping those restoring ve28's and e28's to find the correct parts and/or information. Hershey and the Big Three swap meets and MARC and MAFCA national meets I hope to attend until my body says no.

Posting mistake
I believe that I made a mistake yesterday. When I announced in the forum last night that A495 was up for sale and the posting was removed. I believe that I inadvertently had the price in that posting. That information is now only in the Fordbarn swap meet ads. I do apologize for the mistake.

Thanks,
Dean

P.S. Now if I could only figure out how to post a photo on Fordbarn that is not too large.

WTSHNN 07-16-2019 01:57 PM

Re: A495 - some concerns

Dean,

I wish you the best with this sale. The car is an amazing glimpse into the early days of Model A production. Your willingness to show and share this car is commendable and something I've personally benefited from.

-Tim

Joe K 07-16-2019 02:46 PM

Quote:

I also am very active in helping those restoring ve28's and e28's to find the correct parts and/or information. Hershey and the Big Three swap meets and MARC and MAFCA national meets I hope to attend until my body says no.
We see so far because we stand on the TOES of giants.

Good luck with this sale. You've served your custodialship now. Time for another custodian.

Joe K

Y-Blockhead 07-16-2019 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dean from bozeman (Post 1777903)
Now if I could only figure out how to post a photo on Fordbarn that is not too large.

Would love to see some pictures of your car.

J Franklin 07-16-2019 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dean from bozeman (Post 1777903)
Howdy Fellow Model A'ers,

Now if I could only figure out how to post a photo on Fordbarn that is not too large.

You control the size of your photos, you can lower resolution or make the size smaller.

Clem Clement 07-16-2019 08:40 PM

Job well done Dean!!

dean from bozeman 07-16-2019 08:54 PM

I must say that I am blown away by the response that I have received in the last couple days.

Since I was 16 years old in 1966 (the year I bought my first Model A) I have been amazed how the Model A guys/gals support each other. Though I have hinted about it for a while, actually deciding to sell A495 has been a tough decision. It's one heck of an automobile and stands for much that we love about this hobby.

I sure wish that I could fine out which showroom it was at on December 2, 1927 when the Model A was revealed to the public for the first time. Hard to believe that over 10% of the population of the United States went to a showroom to see the new Model A.

To see the detailed photos of A495 just send an e-mail to [email protected] and I'll send the link to you.

Thanks for the support.

Dean

30 Closed Cab PU 07-16-2019 09:02 PM

"Thanks,
Dean

P.S. Now if I could only figure out how to post a photo on Fordbarn that is not too large."

To reduce your picture and get the file size down if you are on Windows. I do not know how to resize on Apple.

Open the picture, in the upper left there should be a "resize" picture, click on it and you can reduce your picture either by percentage or by # of pixels. Then click on OK, then save..

Dick Steinkamp 07-16-2019 09:59 PM

Dean,
You can email the pictures to me and I can post them here if you want.

[email protected]

dean from bozeman 07-17-2019 09:26 PM

Photos
With the help of Tim Cunningham, I was able to place a few more photos of A495 in the classified ad on Fordbarn.

Several problems
I was originally going to do a website about A495 and then direct people to the site for photos and explanations. As you know, life happens and time is limited. Then I thought that I would have folks contact me for access to a boatload of photos at Dropbox. However, one person said that their computer did not have enough memory to look at the photos. Am I correct, you can look all you want but downloading takes space? Anyway, if you want access to the photos just drop me an e-mail at [email protected].

Speaking of photos, there are photos to help sell a car and then there are photos to show the unique features of a car. Perhaps I should have two folders/files. What are your thoughts?

Again, I thank you for all the support that I have been offered and been given. It is very much appreciated. With that in mind, if you have any ideas on how to find a buyer, get the word out, etc. please feel free to drop me an e-mail and/or post it here on Fordbarn.

Thanks. I really appreciate it.
Dean

Joe K 07-18-2019 08:08 AM

Dean, you do have some previous discussion & pix of the frame and aspects earlier on Fordbarn. Check out https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42293

Joe K

WTSHNN 07-18-2019 08:56 AM

7 Attachment(s)
Here are some pictures showing the craftsmanship of the restoration as well as some of the rare and unique VE parts.

-Tim

WTSHNN 07-18-2019 08:58 AM

7 Attachment(s)
A few more...

dean from bozeman 07-18-2019 09:16 AM

Thanks, Joe.

I remembered doing the write-up but didn't know how to access it.

An interesting thing about A495 is that it looks like an average Model A. But when you study it you realize that it is so unique because it was made during a process when one of America's largest industrial giants did a 180 in less than a year. Mistakes were made. Features corrected. Processes streamlined. Parts redesigned for efficient construction and cost reduction. It is truly a snapshot in design and production thought.

Tim, thanks for the photo display. I appreciate it.

30 Mike 07-18-2019 09:20 AM

Dean from Bozeman, wow that is really an amazing car and even more amazing restoration! Hope you find a suitable caretaker for this beautiful A!

Joe K 07-18-2019 10:45 AM

I like #495 because it looks like something out of Victor Page's Model A Book. This was written quite early in the Model A scheme, I think early 1928, and most of the pix are of earlier details.

Joe K