The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Speaking of engine swaps.... (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=230400)

BILL WILLIAMSON 10-04-2017 07:34 AM

Re: Speaking of engine swaps....

TIP# 177
When going to DMV, take a car pic, your Vintage License Plate, LIMP a lot & force a GRIMACED SMILE! Once they conclude you're NOT a Car Thief, you're in like a BURGLAR!
Bill Happy

slammin 10-05-2017 08:06 AM

I'm ready to head to the DMV to transfer the title and Horseless Carriage tags for my 29 Tudor. I suspect the DMV dance was done in 91 by the previous owner. Title lists VIN
# A XXXXX , five digits! BTW nothing in the sequence matches any part of the engine number, but I do have a legit title and registration. Other than a long wait, I don't expect any problems.

eagle 10-05-2017 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slammin (Post 1535483)
I'm ready to head to the DMV to transfer the title and Horseless Carriage tags for my 29 Tudor. I suspect the DMV dance was done in 91 by the previous owner. Title lists VIN
# A XXXXX , five digits! BTW nothing in the sequence matches any part of the engine number, but I do have a legit title and registration. Other than a long wait, I don't expect any problems.

If it was me, when you get a chance stamp that registration number in several places on the vehicle, including on the side of the engine. If its ever stolen you will want the VIN on the vehicle for recovery.

Eric Lewis 10-05-2017 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHN (Post 1535001)
No titles needed in Connecticut for cars 20 model years or older. New York also.

I don't know how many other states use Bill of Sale for older cars. Enjoy.

Bill of Sale is all thats needed
for Tennessee

BILL WILLIAMSON 10-05-2017 11:00 AM

IF you were the Agent, you'd be SUSPICIOUS, TOO!
Bill Shadycharacter

William Kelchner 10-05-2017 02:28 PM

I visited my local DMV after noticing a minor discrepancy on my Va title for the 30. After presenting my title the clerk began head scratching and I thought this is not good. She turned me over to a 30sh good looking young girl, after explaining that the form I was given required State Police inspection and endless questions that really didn't fit what I was trying to accomplish. She looked the VA form over and went into her personal story about owning an early Camaro which her dad made her get rid of. She called the first clerk over and I over heard their conversation which went gheez, the car is almost 90 years old, really! Gave me another form with about 3 questions and said $10 please, have fun..