The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Zephyrs loaded to a new home (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=232293)

larrys40 10-30-2017 05:51 PM

Zephyrs loaded to a new home

5 Attachment(s)
I help a collector with help from time to time on his collections, he had all six of the Zephyr coupe years and he's had them for some time and it was time for them to go to a new home.

I lined them up and loaded them on the hauler of choice by the buyer for transit out west. Yes, I would have preferred an enclosed for sure!

It's rare to have/see one but all six years from '37-'42 may be the only collection like it in the world.

I call them the girls... so yes.. I have the girls all lined up for their final farewell. Then, a final transport shot. It was a tight fit, and a challenge to load.
I thought you guys would like to see them so sharing the final farewell. My favorite is the blue '39.

Larry Shepard

Jeff/Illinois 10-30-2017 06:13 PM

Re: Zephyrs loaded to a new home

Not good, a collection like this going on an open trailer.

No way I would have done that. Only asking for trouble.

d.conrad 10-30-2017 07:07 PM

Quite a sight.

Chuck Dempsey 10-30-2017 08:12 PM

Thanks for the pics. Quite a collection!

old car guy 10-30-2017 08:17 PM

Beautiful collection of automotive history. Would you be so kind to give a small description of the cars and their history. I have been blessed to have had a 1940 for a short period of time years ago. I bought it on the idea of keeping it as a forever car but the buyer with a much bigger checkbook than I was accustomed to brought me around to his way of thinking.

From the pictures there were all in a beautiful condition. I hope you were rewarded with a handsome return on your investments.
I hope you don’t end up with seller remorse. When I sold a fairly complete early corvette collection I still have pains of guilt as to why I let them all go. . And once there gone, it’s forever.

Tom Wesenberg 10-30-2017 08:55 PM

It's only right to call all of them "girls", as they are all wearing skirts. :D

mhsprecher 10-30-2017 09:17 PM

A bevy of beauties.

Tom Wesenberg 10-30-2017 09:25 PM

Minnesota roads are already white with road salt. They sure love to dump that crap on the roads here. Hopefully those cars won't travel any salt roads.

SeaSlugs 10-30-2017 09:58 PM

such a beautiful sight. shame we wont see cars with those curves again...

Y-Blockhead 10-31-2017 12:32 AM

Are the "girls" staying together? it would be a shame to break up this collection. Beautiful Cars...

Railcarmover 10-31-2017 07:39 AM

Edsel Ford at his artistic best.Life isn't always fair, father and son relationships aren't always perfect. Those who tried to memorialize his name with a car model failed miserably.That car was, in my opinion, his peak as a designer, beauty that stands the test of time..

BILL WILLIAMSON 10-31-2017 07:57 AM

In the '50s, Friend, Tom, had a "MINT" '37 Zephyr Fordor with an 85 HP V-8! Poor little engine looked LOST, in that HUGE, DEEP engine room!
Bill W.

31 Woody 11-02-2017 07:06 PM

While I would have chosen enclosed transport, I would love to stumble upon this while on one of my cross country jaunts. What an awesome sight to see! I love the picture of the girls all loaded up on the trailer---WOW!