The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The Can-Am Model A Reliability Run;"Mt.St.Helens, "A" moment to remember. (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=275540)

37Benny 01-17-2020 11:26 PM

The Can-Am Model A Reliability Run;"Mt.St.Helens, "A" moment to remember.

Greetings Barners, just want to give you a heads up on this year's Can-Am. Every year we do this run we ask the question, which country can get the most A,B or C powered vehicles to one spot? This year it's a little different question. The Mt. St. Helens eruption effected everybody. The ash went everywhere. It's been 40 years. So the question is; can we HUMANS get 40 A,B or C powered vehicles together and then drive to Mt.St Helens? We are just going to have to
wait and see. On Friday, July 17th @ 8am we will be meeting at the Fred Meyer parking lot (11325 SE Mill Plain Blvd,Vancouver,Wash.98684). For questions you can email [email protected] or call 360-659-4135 (leave message if no pick up). FYI ,Mill Plain Blvd is flooded with Motels & Hotels so it would be a good idea to start your planning early! Please subscribe to this thread so we can keep you in the loop! Thx, Benny ( Editor & Can-Am Coordinator , Tyee Model A & Model T Club ).

Gary WA 01-19-2020 12:41 PM

Re: The Can-Am Model A Reliability Run;"Mt.St.Helens, "A" moment to remember.

Thanks for info Benny!!

37Benny 01-19-2020 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary WA (Post 1843068)
Thanks for info Benny!!

No prob! Gary!

History 01-20-2020 12:34 PM

Re: The Can-Am Model A Reliability Run;"Mt.St.Helens, "A" moment to remember

I'm jealous of you guys that get to do this, I've been there several times (did the helicopter also) but in a model A Or Model T would be awesome. Would be great if they'd let you take one of the cars all the way to the crater viewing area to get some photos with the mountain behind you.

Please take and post lots of photos for us that can't be there. Oh and have fun!!!!!

Roger Green 01-20-2020 01:39 PM

Benny,
Thanks for organizing this.
We had great fun last year going up Mt. Hood!
I'll add this to our tour list for the Volcano A's this year.
Roger Green, Tour Leader, Volcano A's
PS: Our club uses this Fred Meyers parking lot for a gather point to start tours. I would recommend meeting behind the gas station.

37Benny 01-20-2020 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger Green (Post 1843509)
Benny,
Thanks for organizing this.
We had great fun last year going up Mt. Hood!
I'll add this to our tour list for the Volcano A's this year.
Roger Green, Tour Leader, Volcano A's
PS: Our club uses this Fred Meyers parking lot for a gather point to start tours. I would recommend meeting behind the gas station.

Thanks for all the help Roger! I think you folks will have a good time on this one too since it's "your" mountain. I will put the gas station info on the flyer. Benny

37Benny 01-20-2020 05:05 PM

Re: The Can-Am Model A Reliability Run;"Mt.St.Helens, "A" moment to remember

Quote:

Originally Posted by History (Post 1843481)
I'm jealous of you guys that get to do this, I've been there several times (did the helicopter also) but in a model A Or Model T would be awesome. Would be great if they'd let you take one of the cars all the way to the crater viewing area to get some photos with the mountain behind you.

Please take and post lots of photos for us that can't be there. Oh and have fun!!!!!

Thanks,we plan on it! Benny

Bill G 01-20-2020 07:12 PM

Benny:

Last year you or someone in your group posted the information in the Pacific Northwest Model A Facebook page. If you or someone can remember, I think it would be a good idea once again. Thanks. I don't know if we can make it, but I will put it on the calendar.

37Benny 01-20-2020 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magicbox51 (Post 1843662)
Benny:

Last year you or someone in your group posted the information in the Pacific Northwest Model A Facebook page. If you or someone can remember, I think it would be a good idea once again. Thanks. I don't know if we can make it, but I will put it on the calendar.

Thanks Bill! Right now I'm having "Facebook woes", however, the Tyee Co-Pilot (Amanda) will be posting info in that FB Group. Benny

37Benny 03-01-2020 08:15 PM

So I have been asked, "why Friday?" We picked Friday to do the event for the same reason we did Mt.Baker (2017) on a Wednesday. We are hoping by hosting the Can-Am during the week, that will give us Model A friendly roads. Last year we did Mt. Hood on a Saturday and there was too much traffic and had to take the party down stairs. I know us working stiffs will have to take some time off, however, we have until July to work things out with our employers. Hope to see you there! Benny

37Benny 05-02-2020 02:10 PM

Due to circumstances beyond our control this year's Can-Am is cancelled. Hope everyone stays healthy. Benny ( Can-Am Coordinator)

Gary WA 05-02-2020 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 37Benny (Post 1882537)
Due to circumstances beyond our control this year's Can-Am is cancelled. Hope everyone stays healthy. Benny ( Can-Am Coordinator)

Thanks for the update Benny-Be Safe.