The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   unwanted E mail from Mack's auto (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=225405)

George Miller 07-25-2017 11:38 AM

unwanted E mail from Mack's auto

Is any one else getting unwanted E mail from Mack's auto. I have ask them many times to stop sending me E mail but they won't stop. Just about every day.

Jemelton# 07-25-2017 11:45 AM

Re: unwanted E mail from Mack's auto

Me too! I put a rule filter in my inbox so that it goes into a folder I created that is deleted frequently:mad:

SuperDave 07-25-2017 01:07 PM

Funny, I have begged them to send me an email to no avail ! They have serious I.T. problems. among others

Rob Needs 07-25-2017 01:51 PM

Yeah and it's always 10% off :)

jm29henry 07-25-2017 05:12 PM

Snyders or Berts would never do that (Just saying) !!!

Synchro909 07-25-2017 05:44 PM

Somewhere in small print hidden at the bottom of their emails, there should be a place to click for "unsubscribe". Do that and they should stop. I don't know the law over there but here, they WILL stop. Alternatively, block them.

jax55 07-25-2017 06:00 PM

Because I have purchased from Classic Chevy for my 55, I am now getting email for :Mac's, Classic Chevy, and Early chevy.(Same company, different divisions).
I am going to check tomorrows and unsubscribe (If that is an option)

WHN 07-25-2017 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synchro909 (Post 1504375)
Somewhere in small print hidden at the bottom of their emails, there should be a place to click for "unsubscribe". Do that and they should stop. I don't know the law over there but here, they WILL stop. Alternatively, block them.

We were getting daily E-Mail's from Mac's, hit the "unsubscribe" at bottom of page and they stopped.

There are car owners in the northeast that think Mac's is a good supplier. We have had very good luck with them for over 30 years. Now they have a new owner. Hopefully, things will not change.

Tony Martino 07-25-2017 06:08 PM

Yea me too, every day!

hardtimes 07-25-2017 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George Miller (Post 1504244)
Is any one else getting unwanted E mail from Mack's auto. I have ask them many times to stop sending me E mail but they won't stop. Just about every day.

Hey George,
WATCH OUT !
May not be from 'Macks' at all.
Lots of hackers use divisive tactics of infect/take control of what you have.
One week later and hundreds of $ for geek repairs , and my computer is back home. Worth thinking about , eh :confused:

old victoria 07-25-2017 07:19 PM

Yes me too. Ordered some stuff put in my discount code still paid full price and took 8 days to get the parts,

J Franklin 07-25-2017 07:27 PM

hardtimes and anyone else with this trouble bookmark this url. lets get the scammers on the run!

https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

George Miller 07-27-2017 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synchro909 (Post 1504375)

I found the unsubscribe on the E mail today. I clicked it and it said I was unsubscribed.

Thanks for the suggestion.

1928Mik 07-27-2017 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHN (Post 1504390)
We were getting daily E-Mail's from Mac's, hit the "unsubscribe" at bottom of page and they stopped.

There are car owners in the northeast that think Mac's is a good supplier. We have had very good luck with them for over 30 years. Now they have a new owner. Hopefully, things will not change.

Hopefully the new owner is not Rick from the defunct Ricks Antique Auto with his picture on every other page and the infamous "Rick Packs"!

Boston Bruce 07-27-2017 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1928Mik (Post 1505049)
...infamous "Rick Packs"!

:eek:

Mike V. Florida 07-27-2017 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHN (Post 1504390)

They are in Florida now. Do a search for Mac's here on the forum and you will see that your hopes that "things will not change" has been dashed.