The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Just another nice pic.... (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249574)

Chuck Dempsey 08-13-2018 01:20 PM

Just another nice pic....

1 Attachment(s)
Not 'A' centric, but a good, sharp photo. Note lack of bumper....

ursus 08-13-2018 01:33 PM

Re: Just another nice pic....

Looks like a scene out of my childhood when there were a lot of Model A's still in daily use. I recall a classmate whose family had fallen on hard times after the death of the father in 1957. The family car was repossessed and the widow replaced it with Model A coupe for her and the two kids. My friend was rather embarrassed to be seen riding in such an old car.

Dave Mellor NJ 08-13-2018 11:43 PM

Fender and lic plate also crumpled. Probably involved with losing the bumper

Flathead 08-14-2018 12:40 PM

That Harley is probably worth more than the A today.

Bob-A 08-14-2018 01:25 PM

I believe the Harley is a 1941 thru '47 (?) model according to the emblems on the gas tanks. Definitely worth Big bucks now especially if it is a Big-Twin OHV EL (61 inch) or FL (74 inch).

Bob-A:D

Mike Peters 08-15-2018 01:07 PM

I believe the Harley is a 1941 thru '47 (?) model according to the emblems on the gas tanks. Definitely worth Big bucks now especially if it is a Big-Twin OHV EL (61 inch) or FL (74 inch).

Was wondering if the WL 45's had the same tank emblems as the knuckleheads? The dash panel is '46 and older. I believe the 47 dash panel was the same as the later panheads? Nice slant window fordor that took a hit in the front.

Chuck Dempsey 08-20-2018 07:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ursus (Post 1662772)
Looks like a scene out of my childhood when there were a lot of Model A's still in daily use. I recall a classmate whose family had fallen on hard times after the death of the father in 1957. The family car was repossessed and the widow replaced it with Model A coupe for her and the two kids. My friend was rather embarrassed to be seen riding in such an old car.

Here is another pic I found, again not A-centric, but showing what Mr. Ursus is talking about - 'A's everywhere....'

Brian SATX 08-20-2018 09:39 PM

That looks like the coupe has had a pickup bed placed into the trunk area. Pretty common conversion.

Chuck Dempsey 08-21-2018 03:44 PM

And nice 'curb feelers' on that green sedan.....

Brobrian 08-27-2018 01:01 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Wow, you guys are good. Can you help me with this one. My grandfather on his bike, mother on the tank. I’m guessing around 1940?Attachment 371622

woofa.express 08-27-2018 04:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Peters (Post 1663582)

Was wondering if the WL 45's had the same tank emblems as the knuckleheads? The dash panel is '46 and older. I believe the 47 dash panel was the same as the later panheads? Nice slant window fordor that took a hit in the front.

I'm going to guess the tractor is a W4. I learned to drive on one. My dad stuck me on the seat and got it rolling so my job was simply steering while he fed hay to our cattle. As I got older I would pull my body below the steering wheel and push the clutch. As I got older again I could put it in gear but couldn't figure out how dad could make it go so fast. I knew nothing about gears. It had no starter motor nor power steering. One knew then where to put your thumbs when cranking and steering and slop in the steering system was at least half a steering wheel. Our dad was not terribly mechanically minded and there was no such thing as maintenance. We had very little money. The sumps were topped with waste oil that had stood for a very long time in 44 gal drums. We did not live in a disposable world. The attached photo is from online.