The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Rare Deuce parts thread (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=250496)

Deuce-Addict 08-30-2018 03:34 AM

Rare Deuce parts thread

15 Attachment(s)
Pressed splash apron from Belgian 3 window, chromed brass insert from Spanish B400, German badge, English red badges, English dual temp gauge, US dual temp, English sidelights, crank hole with pressing, Spanish dash knob, English headlamp glass, German ivory handles, UK ashtray and handle...

Deuce-Addict 08-30-2018 03:52 AM

Re: Rare Deuce parts thread

15 Attachment(s)
More...Imp gals gauge (I am looking for one to buy!), Early single hood hooks, UK Cooper Stewart gauges (4 types), German dash knob, UK interior light, Model 14 sidelights

Deuce-Addict 08-30-2018 04:00 AM

14 Attachment(s)
More...Model 14 bumper emblem, RHD column drop and foot rest, B400 mirror, RHD stop light switch, UK two piece steering wheel, French Jaeger speedo, German chassis stamp, radio, sport coupe parts, European chrome grille shell....and the best book ever to read about them all!!!!

Deuce-Addict 08-30-2018 04:17 AM

15 Attachment(s)
Woodie tag, RPU dash, sport coupe top irons, UK Model B (left) & Model 14 steering wheels, RHD pedals, flat Depress Beam headlamp glass - for wartime use, UK 'petrol' gas gauge, UK sedan dash, raised louver hood sides, UK headlamp versus US (no Twolite stamp and screw adjuster to rear), UK commercial side lights (steel bowl not stainless / chrome as passenger)

Deuce-Addict 08-30-2018 06:00 AM

8 Attachment(s)
Cutaway

Mart 08-30-2018 06:16 AM

Thanks for compiling the pictures. could do with some of those parts myself.

Deuce-Addict 08-30-2018 07:09 AM

5 Attachment(s)
A daft obsession Mart...and they aren't all mine!

...B400 / Vicky running board brackets, German Drauz body emblem, European rad cap (left), ash trays

Karl Wescott 08-30-2018 09:26 AM

Nice collection, except the roadster door in group 2 looks suspiciously like a 1936.

Deuce-Addict 08-30-2018 09:41 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Karl Wescott (Post 1669255)
Nice collection, except the roadster door in group 2 looks suspiciously like a 1936.

Thanks Karl, that's intriguing. I saved the image ages ago as the wood in mine is missing and planned on trying to replicate it using this pic.

rockfla 08-30-2018 09:45 AM

Keith, very nice photo collection and even nicer of you to share it. Respectfully, I "think" that in your first group.....The blue "Deutsches" Ford oval wasn't used till late 1935 or 1936. I think you and I have talked before and that for 32 the (little further in the same grouping) Red Ford ovals were "most" likely appropriate. I believe there was a "Government Approval" attached to the use of "Deutsches Erzuicians" and Ford didn't attain that status until 1936 I believe???? Would like to find an "original" red one!!!!

uncle buck 08-30-2018 10:06 AM

Quote:

My thoughts too

uncle buck 08-30-2018 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deuce-Addict (Post 1669266)
Thanks Karl, that's intriguing. I saved the image ages ago as the wood in mine is missing and planned on trying to replicate it using this pic.

Note the difference in the door latch. The Australian latch is designed more like a closed car latch and the 36 latch interlocks like a US 32-34 roadster latch. PM gearheadbill , I think he has several pictures of Australian phaeton wood saved on his computer.

uncle buck 08-30-2018 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deuce-Addict (Post 1669189)
A daft obsession Mart...and they aren't all mine!

And I was ready to call you a show off.... LOL

DavidG 08-30-2018 10:31 AM

Keith,

I agree with Karl that the door is a mid-35 through '36 phaeton-roadster door.

Great collection of photos and thanks for sharing them. I especially like the rare Model 14 items and confirmation that a commercial version of the '32 fender lamps existed like the commercial/truck version of cowl lamps in North America, both of which seem to be exceedingly rare.

Deuce-Addict 08-30-2018 10:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockfla (Post 1669270)
Keith, very nice photo collection and even nicer of you to share it. Respectfully, I "think" that in your first group.....The blue "Deutsches" Ford oval wasn't used till late 1935 or 1936. I think you and I have talked before and that for 32 the (little further in the same grouping) Red Ford ovals were "most" likely appropriate. I believe there was a "Government Approval" attached to the use of "Deutsches Erzuicians" and Ford didn't attain that status until 1936 I believe???? Would like to find an "original" red one!!!!

Hi Robert, am sure you are right. It was this article years ago that set my interest but doesn't mean it was correct. If a red Ford script one that you are after let me know and will keep a look out for you.

Deuce-Addict 08-30-2018 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidG (Post 1669298)
Keith,

I agree with Karl that the door is a mid-35 through '36 phaeton-roadster door.

Great collection of photos and thanks for sharing them. I especially like the rare Model 14 items and confirmation that a commercial version of the '32 fender lamps existed like the commercial/truck version of cowl lamps in North America, both of which seem to be exceedingly rare.

Thanks David, Karl and Uncle Buck...good job I haven't braved making a start on replacing the wood on mine!

rockfla 08-30-2018 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deuce-Addict (Post 1669312)
Hi Robert, am sure you are right. It was this article years ago that set my interest but doesn't mean it was correct. If a red Ford script one that you are after let me know and will keep a look out for you.

Yes Please!!!! Obviously the nicer the better as you know where its destined for!!!

rockfla 08-30-2018 10:53 AM

Quote:

Looks like the door from our 35 Aussie Ute as they are even shorter than the standard roadster doors!!!

deuce lover 08-30-2018 10:54 AM

Thanks for all that Keith.I have had the red script ones from France and Australia.Being an old friend of Bob Drake he had asked me at one time what he could produce for the Street Rod market.I mentioned the red porcelain emblems that fit in the 32 bezel.He said he needed to have one to prove to Ford that it was genuine.Since he is under license to reproduce parts and that they were very particular about the Ford logo etc. I sent him the one from Australia that I had.That is how he started making the colored ones.

rockfla 08-30-2018 10:57 AM

2 Attachment(s)
35 Aussie Ute door.