The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Another quality product from MAC (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=262684)

Jwilli 04-30-2019 05:59 PM

Another quality product from MAC

2 Attachment(s)
Paint was bought about 4 years ago. Opened this week. Plastic lock ring was still intact. Stirred until mixed good and thin. Paint is gloss black and not engine green as labeled.

Dodge 04-30-2019 06:06 PM

Re: Another quality product from MAC

If you look at the fine print it might say oil pan paint......

Jwilli 04-30-2019 06:59 PM

It was ordered as engine green and is clearly labeled as antique ford engine green.

Tom Wesenberg 04-30-2019 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jwilli (Post 1752677)
It was ordered as engine green and is clearly labeled as antique ford engine green.

I had the same thing happen with a can of spray paint a few years ago.

chrs1961815 04-30-2019 08:30 PM

Maybe some chemical reaction or something happened. It has happened to me numerous times over the years when letting paint, particularly cans, sit for a while. Usually happens when it is not 100 percent sealed.

eagle 04-30-2019 10:10 PM

Mislabelling would be most likely. Things happen, I'd give them a call and see how they respond before getting on a soap box.

JBill 05-01-2019 07:54 AM

Bought a lot of paint from Mac's in the old days. One of the few places you could get it.

Joe K 05-01-2019 08:08 AM

"A satisfied customer is our BEST advertisement."

I imagine MACs will send you a new can of correct paint free of charge. Reference a link to your comment here documenting your issue in your Email/claim to them.

And be sure to give them credit for solving a supplier issue at their cost here afterwards.

Joe K

KR500 05-01-2019 09:57 AM

I believe all the engine paint colors are provided by Bill Hirsh, no? Maybe its an error by Bill's company.

WHN 05-01-2019 10:10 AM

We have never had a problem returning anything to either the old Mac’s or to the new Mac’s.

I don’t know what a new owner would say about a four year old can of paint. You just have to ask.

I also don’t believe Mac’s made and than canned the paint. I would think it came from a vendor of theirs. Mistakes happen.

DHZIEMAN 05-01-2019 10:13 AM

I would venture Macs would want to fix this, rather than getting this kind of advertisement. Even with the 4 years thrown in.

Jeff/Illinois 05-01-2019 07:34 PM

I've gotten good paint from them in the past. This was a fluke.

katy 05-02-2019 09:38 AM

Are you sure that you got all the pigment off the bottom of the can?

jteeple 05-10-2019 01:57 PM

Not a surprise, dont blame the supplier, i bought a pint of engine paint from two other dealers both cifferent one was almost black te other had a blue tint to it.

so i sprayed the color i liked from the spray can and took it to a auto parts store they scanned it and mixed me a quart of paint that matched what i was using in the spray can,

I have also just sprayed from the spray can into its lid and used a brush for toouch up.

good luck

RRW 05-10-2019 05:34 PM

I'm not blaming Mac's but the the spray can of Antique Ford Engine Green Engine Enamel, RSP6, I bought from them also sprayed black when I first used it in 2017. However, the printed expiration date is 05-16-2013 !!!

However, it looks nice on my shelf.
I would surely suspect that age is the 'culprit'.