The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   From over on the V-8 Forum!! (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131282)

BlueSunoco 02-11-2014 11:26 AM

From over on the V-8 Forum!!

Those guys were talking about a new TV show on the Velocity (Old Speed) Channel, Americarna.

Check it out. Nice change from all of the staged drama and phoniness of the other car shows. I watched the episode on the 1940 Ford Coupe, and how moonshiners were the start of NASCAR,, pretty interesting! Had Junior Johnson, Hendrick, and Bill Elliot on there too.

I am sure they will have an episode on Model A's and probably Model T's also in the future, they're just getting started.

Wallace 02-11-2014 03:51 PM

Re: From over on the V-8 Forum!!

Check out the show tonight (Tuesday) 8PM CST

ken ct 02-11-2014 03:59 PM

Yea I found it about 2 weeks ago,great programing lot of Mercum Auctions. Showed the MotorCycle museum in Maggy Valley.More reality than all the others.Grease Monkey Garage is the pits what a bunch of !!!!!! ken ct OMO

BlueSunoco 02-11-2014 05:59 PM

Ken, I thought I was the only one that felt that way about Grease Monkey Garage:o I DVR that show to try to fast forward the crap. Good thing, last night they had a pretty nice looking '28 or '29 Model A Coupe, and a neat 1932 Hupmobile coupe, but those two cars maybe had 2 or 3 minutes total on the 1 hour show. The rest of the show was about some goofy Rolls Royce that they made a pimp-mobile out of, the two main guys were at some mansion dressed to the nines, acting like the super rich do, with the RR parked out front.

I notice their new garage is outfitted to the max, pretty nice setup from the place they used to work in! I'm sure all donated equipment etc.

Like I said. Thank heavens for DVR!!!! The Model A and Hup were 'flipped' for a profit, the Rolls went down in flames.

Shows you what old car collectors are serious about:confused:

Wick 02-11-2014 07:25 PM

Look up Richard Rawlings on the net. on how he got started....

Wallace 02-11-2014 07:46 PM

as usual I was wrong on the Amercarna time...It's 7PM CST....like in about 15 min.
..Sorry.

RobertB 02-11-2014 07:58 PM

That was a Hudson, not a Hupmobile...:o

silversink 02-11-2014 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wick (Post 822086)
Look up Richard Rawlings on the net. on how he got started....

Also Google Richard Rawling's scandal

boomerusmc 02-11-2014 08:31 PM

Thanks for pointing this one out. I'm watching now...sorry I missed the first half though. I'll mark the upcoming shows for taping...a heck of a lot better than the fake "reality" shows elsewhere.

BlueSunoco 02-11-2014 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertB (Post 822109)
That was a Hudson, not a Hupmobile...:o

Whoops,,,guess I fast forwarded too fast.