The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Freebies (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289708)

35fordtn 11-05-2020 04:56 PM

Freebies

I hope it is ok I posted this in the forum rather than the swap section.

We recently got in a run of the little female rubber covered wiring connectors used on Early Fords. The order Qty's got mixed up and rather than ordering and getting in 1,000 of them, we accidently ordered in a run of 10,000 of them. So.... If you guys want to send us a SASE (when was the last time you heard that term?) we will send you ten of them which usually covers the majority of a car. We will honor this till the end of November. I know this is a small offer, but hey it's free parts for the cost of two postage stamps! Please the C/O in the address so we know what it is for.

If interested send the SASE to:
Third Gen Automotive
C/O offer
2600 Old Nashville Hwy
McMinnville, TN 37110

petehoovie 11-05-2020 05:02 PM

Re: Freebies

This? Part #: B-14564
https://cdn.mysagestore.com/8395aa2f...ig_B-14564.jpg

Seth Swoboda 11-05-2020 05:29 PM

Wowzers, that's generous. Free and it takes time to deal with the requests.

I'm in no way affiliated with Third Gen Automotive, please support this small business.

VeryTangled 11-05-2020 06:09 PM

I'm speechless, so of course I'll type something.

Someone around here says... The only thing nice about being imperfect is the joy it brings to others.... And that might fit here.

Owning a business can be a real test at times. Well almost always. (At least they don't have milk goats but ebay must be close to the same pleasure or pasture!)

I'll bet Michael and Jane shook their heads more than a couple of times over this one! It will test your expertise with colorful language too.

I have spent time with some of the people on this board and the Third Gen crew are the finest folks you could meet, a hell of a lot better than this guy. Couple that with their immersion in supporting our hobby with their sweat and every breath, broken and black fingernails, memorized parts books, and tapped out credit lines. All so that our toys may survive for generations forward.

When I went to prep for a serious road trip in '18 I couldn't have pulled it off without their dead-on correct parts and support and the mentoring of JM35Sedan. I've said that enough some of you are probably yelling at your screens right now.

So, my envelope is ready for the mail, but I'm trying to figure what to include in the way of a thank-you. I'm sure I'll figure it out.

But guys, please support Michael and Jane and Third Gen Automotive. It's good for you. It's good for them. It's good for the people ten and twenty years from now who will still be shopping for bolts and bits and getting support!

That said, remember there are a whole culture of vendors who need the same kind of customers who'll make our hobby continue.

moonraker 11-06-2020 01:45 AM

That's very generous offer! I would like to have some very much.

My question - how can I get them in Russia? I have no idea if I can send you SASE

Zeke3 11-06-2020 09:39 AM

Thanks for the offer Michael!

r_reed 11-06-2020 09:45 AM

a great gesture, nothing like spreading the wealth.

nickthebandit 11-07-2020 12:57 PM

I don't need any, but I think that is very generous of the people at 35ford Tn. Enclose a couple of dollars, to offset their costs, and be thankful there are people out there that don't see money as the only thing that is important.

Floyd 11-07-2020 07:20 PM

Double ++ for reply #8, "nickthebandit above. If you need some then throw some money in the envelope. How cheap are we anyway? A fun fact is that if you have some older reproduction connectors, a lot of them were no good anyway. They were two short and the bullet did not engage correctly in the metal insert. I am sure these new ones will be correctly made. Send money!

JM 35 Sedan 11-09-2020 09:11 AM

X2 on what everyone else has already said here on this post about Third Generation Automotive (Michael & Jane Driskell). They do a fantastic job of supporting the needs of folks in this hobby.
Another suggestion would be to place an order with 3rd Gen for some parts needed, and request 10 of those rubber insolated connectors to be sent along with the order.

Bruce/CT 11-12-2020 03:09 PM

Michael,
Many thanks. I always enjoy ordering from you. I know that I'll get great advice and the correct parts when they do arrive.
Thank you and Jane again, Bruce

35fordtn 11-13-2020 01:24 PM

Thanks for the comments. She Sent 37 envelopes of "Freebies" off today.

Frank Miller 11-14-2020 09:41 AM

Offer them 15 if they buy something. V8 guys spend all kinds of money for free stuff.