The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   swap meet (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113077)

35fordtn 07-28-2013 07:22 PM

swap meet

So over a month ago I purchased a 32 grille shell in the swap meet area. Paid in full and it still has not arrived... First the seller said there was a shipping issue and he would keep me posted..... That was 3 weeks ago and now I am having no response back from him. I am sure nothing can be done to get my $$ back, but has anyone else had this issue on here ever?

Lawson Cox 07-28-2013 10:35 PM

Re: swap meet

If you sent the payment USPO, check with the postmaster in your area and see if he can do something about the guy using the mail to defraud. Same for long distance phone. Call Federal Marshall in your area. He can handle web fraud as well.

Drew 07-29-2013 06:35 PM

I purchased a '32 pickup rear fender from a guy in California by the name of Mike Kilger a little over a year ago. I gave him a postal money order for the fender and shipping. After months of false promises he fell off the face of the barn. He hasn't been on since last September. The post master told me that nothing could be done. It really stinks that you give someone money on good faith and they stick it to you. I wish you well on getting your grill shell. I've done business with you and couldn't be happier. If anyone knows where Mike Kilger is please let me know.

GaryTx 07-29-2013 07:33 PM

I had some Tops Irons that took about 3 months to arrive...I googled his name and someone else had the same problem on the Barn/Hamb....I was lucky enough a friend of the seller helped resolve the shipping issue. I would post his name and user name on the discussion forum and ask for help. Hope you get the parts.......

Lanny 07-29-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 35fordtn (Post 696434)
So over a month ago I purchased a 32 grille shell in the swap meet area. Paid in full and it still has not arrived... First the seller said there was a shipping issue and he would keep me posted..... That was 3 weeks ago and now I am having no response back from him. I am sure nothing can be done to get my $$ back, but has anyone else had this issue on here ever?

================================================== =====

If you payed by PayPal, then you have 45 days to file a claim against
the other party.

You should list his name and other info here,
so NO one else here gets taken to the cleaners.

Strick 07-29-2013 09:33 PM

I'd contact Ryan too and let him know.

35fordtn 07-29-2013 10:12 PM

Well I am gonna give him one more week and see what happens. Was just curious if this is a real issue.. Drew, I looked in my customer database and I have had a Kilger from CA buy from me in the past... although he name wasn't Mike

hotrodA 07-29-2013 10:24 PM

Michael, is this the guy from Thousand Oaks/Moorpark?

Send Ryan a PM.

296 V8 07-29-2013 10:26 PM

You need to PM Ryan asap
So he can step in and help you get your part or cash back and also so the guy no longer can sell here.

David J 07-29-2013 11:59 PM

Ditto on this ripoff artist . Mike Kilger - Riverside CA and he got me for $260.00 . Bought a 33 sedan tack strip from him on the old barn just before the change in ownership and got many promises etc and NO TACK STRIP . I have a good collection of emails & PM's full of lies and broken promises from him . Reported it to Ryan and posted it here several times . One time the powers that be here DELETED it . Maybe they give second chances or whatever but he was active here selling after he ripped me off :mad: .
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drew (Post 696975)
I purchased a '32 pickup rear fender from a guy in California by the name of Mike Kilger a little over a year ago. I gave him a postal money order for the fender and shipping. After months of false promises he fell off the face of the barn. He hasn't been on since last September. The post master told me that nothing could be done. It really stinks that you give someone money on good faith and they stick it to you. I wish you well on getting your grill shell. I've done business with you and couldn't be happier. If anyone knows where Mike Kilger is please let me know.