The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Time for our Summer Swap in Chicago (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=226256)

msmaron 08-07-2017 04:07 PM

THANK YOU TO ALL for the Summer Swap for the Museum who came!!

2 Attachment(s)
It time again for the A&T swap in Woodstock Ill for the Model A Museum!. Help Support a great cause..

vulture 08-16-2017 07:43 AM

Re: Time for our Summer Swap in Chicago

I love the event and always great to see the guys and all the cool parts they bring out.
Mark I would like a spot if one is available thanks

msmaron 08-16-2017 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vulture (Post 1514187)
I love the event and always great to see the guys and all the cool parts they bring out.
Mark I would like a spot if one is available thanks

You got it. I'll see you Saturday. Weather looks great.
Mark

SeaSlugs 08-16-2017 09:03 AM

I'll be there! Anyone got an AA rear exhaust hanger they can bring?

vulture 08-16-2017 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msmaron (Post 1514205)
You got it. I'll see you Saturday. Weather looks great.
Mark

Thanks Mark

Tom Wesenberg 08-16-2017 08:45 PM

I'm hoping to be there.

iverson 08-16-2017 08:55 PM

I plan to be there

vulture 08-18-2017 10:11 AM

Please bring all your 1932 parts or early Ford V-8 stuff

msmaron 08-18-2017 03:12 PM

Hey everyone..its going to be a great day, sunny skies and that means people and parts!! Hope to see so many of you for a great swap to help OUR Model A Museum!!!

Jeff/Illinois 08-20-2017 02:33 PM

I went up to Woodstock for the swap meet... had a great time met some great folks:) Lot of real nice Model A parts to dig thru. I was looking at that '30 gas tank one vendor had laid out, looked really clean. Walked away, thought about it, went back to buy it and someone was already carrying it away!!! Like a little Hershey's Swap meet!!

Thank you Ken for hosting this, was nice to talk to you and see your shop. You have a wonderful place!! Great lay-out!!

And THANK YOU Tom Wesenberg for bailing me out, AGAIN, with your electrical expertise. If I knew a fraction of what you do about Model A's I'd be way ahead of the game. I haven't had time today to pop the generator back on the Roadster but plan on it in a day or so.

Mark I spotted you running around but didn't get the time to say 'hello'. I did get to talk with a fellow that Ken is painting his Tudor in Ken's shop. It will look great in Kewanee Green/Elkpoint Green like that one that someone drove into the parking area.

Thanks again for putting this on had a blast up there!! Took the train up to Chicago, borrowed a car to drive over to the swap, worked out good. Should have at least bought one of those Firestone 600/16's for a spare for the '36 never thought about it until later-------------

Jeff

msmaron 08-20-2017 02:38 PM

3 Attachment(s)
THANK YOU, to all of you that came out to the Model A & T swap to Support the Model A Museum at Gilmore yesterday! Another GREAT Success because of you, the Vendors & Volunteers!!
Hope to see many of you at MODEL A DAY on
September 16th at Gilmore for the presentation!

SeaSlugs 08-20-2017 08:32 PM

Had a great time as always! Great weather! Thanks everyone for making this happen every year!

gweilbaker 08-21-2017 06:48 AM

This was most excellent event! Bought some rust! Even my 15 yo son got to ride in the Holsman! Thanks to everyone for a great time and especially Mr. Ehrenhofer for his hospitality!

Jeff/Illinois 08-21-2017 08:31 AM

SeaSlugs Tom had me looking 'for a guy with a white T-shirt that has Case/IH on it' he had your EVR,,,, couldn't find you, then Tom called me over by your AA and you had a black t-shirt on not white!!

Good to have had the chance to say 'hello' take care.
Jeff

Bulligen 08-21-2017 09:14 AM

It is always a very nice time, looking forward to next year already!

Tom Wesenberg 08-23-2017 07:18 AM

I saw a nice original fan shroud, but the owner wasn't around. 5 minutes later I saw someone walking away with it. I found some nice original parts that I'd been hunting for the past 5 years. Can't wait for next year.

iverson 08-23-2017 01:31 PM

Tom unless there were two of em I got the shroud! The reason I bought it was it still has some original paint it will match our car very well. We have a nice one but it has been stripped

Tom Wesenberg 08-23-2017 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iverson (Post 1517587)
Tom unless there were two of em I got the shroud! The reason I bought it was it still has some original paint it will match our car very well. We have a nice one but it has been stripped

I don't really need one right now, but they are hard to find, and make good trading stock. :)

vulture 07-25-2018 07:53 AM

Hey Guys do you have a date for this year? 2018 Always a great swat event and great to see friends ...

SeaSlugs 07-25-2018 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vulture (Post 1655352)
Hey Guys do you have a date for this year? 2018 Always a great swat event and great to see friends ...

Aug 24th I believe:cool: