The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Anything Car Related Going on in the Clearwater/Tampa areas the weekend of Jan 14th (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23718)

Hotrodladycrusr 12-21-2010 03:57 PM

Anything Car Related Going on in the Clearwater/Tampa areas the weekend of Jan 14th

I'll be flying into Tampa for work on Wed Jan 12th and staying at a hotel in Clearwater. Everyone else leaves for home on Friday afternoon but I thought I'd stick around and see if I can get into some car related trouble during the long weekend as I don't fly home till Monday evening.

So, please fill me in on any car related activities, ie, cruz nights, car shows, area shops, garages museums, etc., that I shouldn't miss. I'll have a car so distance won't be an issue. I already know abou the cruz nights in Old Town and would use that as a last resort if I didn't find anything else to do.

Evil-Eric 12-21-2010 04:58 PM

Re: Anything Car Related Going on in the Clearwater/Tampa areas the weekend of Jan 14

Garlits museum for sure!!!!

Mid month is kinda slow..maybe cruise Biff Burger in Largo...theres allways the beach! HAHAHA

Grandadeo 12-21-2010 05:51 PM

Re: Anything Car Related Going on in the Clearwater/Tampa areas the weekend of Jan 14

Denise, sure wish Clearwater wasn't four hours away, I'd buy you lunch. Check in with the Poor Boys. They"ll know what's shakin.

Lee

Vic Piano 12-21-2010 06:00 PM

Hi Denise, We're usually messin with cars at my place on the weekends. I'm in Odessa, about a 45 minute ride from Clearwater. I don't know of any particular car related event(s) taking place in or around Tampa Bay on that weekend, usually there are several local car shows like the one at Biff Burger in Largo. As the date gets closer, PM me and I'll try to have some additional info for you. Vic

JM 35 Sedan 12-21-2010 06:27 PM

Hi Denise, Meeting up with Vic and seeing his garage and collection of cars would be time well spent in my opinion. Vic hosted a Fordbarn gathering last February and we had a blast. The Don Garlits museum was also very good. I also enjoyed seeing the Ford Edison Winter Estates and Museum in Fort Myers.

Vic Piano 12-21-2010 09:24 PM

John, I hope you are planning on being at the "Barner's Bash" from March 4th to the 6th. Have a Merry Christmas. Vic

Hotrodladycrusr 12-21-2010 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vic Piano (Post 130447)
Hi Denise, We're usually messin with cars at my place on the weekends. I'm in Odessa, about a 45 minute ride from Clearwater. I don't know of any particular car related event(s) taking place in or around Tampa Bay on that weekend, usually there are several local car shows like the one at Biff Burger in Largo. As the date gets closer, PM me and I'll try to have some additional info for you. Vic

I was hoping you might see this thread and offer me a peak at your collection.:D I'll certainly PM you when the time gets closer and we'll make plans. The Biff Burger place looks like it might be right up my alley especially if there might be a cruz night there one evening.
Thanks so much.:cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan (Post 130458)
I also enjoyed seeing the Ford Edison Winter Estates and Museum in Fort Myers.

I would enjoy seeing it as well but I'm not going to drive 150 miles each way to do so. I'll save that for another time when I'm closer.

Vic Piano 12-22-2010 08:45 AM

Sounds good to me, we can even take the '39 Zephyr out for a ride.:)
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n.../Topless-1.jpg

Hotrodladycrusr 12-22-2010 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vic Piano (Post 130720)
Sounds good to me, we can even take the '39 Zephyr out for a ride.:)

OMG, be still my heart! I sure hope that includes going topless :D

Vic Piano 12-22-2010 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotrodladycrusr (Post 130726)
OMG, be still my heart! I sure hope that includes going topless :D

I'm always topless... there's no other way to travel:)

Hotrodladycrusr 12-22-2010 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vic Piano (Post 130758)
I'm always topless... there's no other way to travel:)

:D
Plans are coming together quicker than I thought. I'm actually going to be passing your area on my way to Weeki Wachee on that Saturday Jan 15th. Could I stop on Saturday morning then perhaps we could go to lunch in the Zephyr, my treat??

Vic Piano 12-22-2010 03:41 PM

Sounds like a plan, I'm looking forward to your visit. Have a Merry Christmas and we'll see you next year. Vic

Grandadeo 12-22-2010 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotrodladycrusr (Post 130913)
:D
Plans are coming together quicker than I thought. I'm actually going to be passing your area on my way to Weeki Wachee on that Saturday Jan 15th. Could I stop on Saturday morning then perhaps we could go to lunch in the Zephyr, my treat??

Anything special going on in Weeki Wachee? Have an old friend that lives near there. Might have to take a ride over.

Lee

Hotrodladycrusr 12-22-2010 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vic Piano (Post 130933)
Sounds like a plan, I'm looking forward to your visit. Have a Merry Christmas and we'll see you next year. Vic

Marry Christmas to you and yours as well and thanks for being so hospitable http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y1/...lies/coolc.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandadeo (Post 130964)
Anything special going on in Weeki Wachee? Have an old friend that lives near there. Might have to take a ride over.

Lee

Yes, Glenn Hayes from the Poor Boys is throwing a BBQ/Die Cast Drags party in my honor in his garage on Saturday afternoon/evening. There's quite a few car guys in the area, both Poor Boys and friends of theirs. It's going to be a great time. There's a post on the HAMB about it. All the details aren't there yet but take a look at the thread. I'm sure you and your buddy would be more then welcome. I plan on inviting Vic as well as soon as I know the details reg time etc.

JM 35 Sedan 12-23-2010 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vic Piano (Post 130555)
John, I hope you are planning on being at the "Barner's Bash" from March 4th to the 6th. Have a Merry Christmas. Vic

Vic, I'm planning to be there. Merry Christmas to you and all you Fordbarners!!

1oldtimer 12-24-2010 02:49 AM

snowbird!!!!!!:).

Hotrodladycrusr 12-27-2010 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1oldtimer (Post 131763)
snowbird!!!!!!:).

:D Well maybe for a couple of weekends in the wintertime. ;)
I'm flying in SoCal on Wed Jan26th. Looking forward to seeing you that weekend at the GNRS!:cool:

Vic Piano 12-28-2010 07:52 AM

Hi Denise, I just got back to the frozen south from the frozen north and I'm working on getting a bunch of my Hot Rod friends over to my place on Saturday, the 15th. Looking forward to seeing you. Vic

Hotrodladycrusr 12-28-2010 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vic Piano (Post 133763)
Hi Denise, I just got back to the frozen south from the frozen north and I'm working on getting a bunch of my Hot Rod friends over to my place on Saturday, the 15th. Looking forward to seeing you. Vic

Oh my, Glenn from the Poor Boys called me last night and he's planning something for earlier in the day on that Saturday then I thought, 1pm start time to be exact. Do you think I could stop for a visit on Sunday the 16th instead of the 15th? If you've got other plans I completely understand but Sunday would work out much better now. I really am looking forward to meeting you and your hot rod pals and seeing all their cars.

The gig on Saturday that the Poor Boys are hosting will be held at Ted Kempgens shop and will be an open invitation for all the stop by. Live band and everything from what I've been told. Will post more info as I get it. http://www.creativemotionconcepts.com/new/default.asp

Vic Piano 12-28-2010 12:26 PM

I know Glenn, sounds like he's put together a nice deal. I'm not sure about that Sunday as yet but you are welcome to stop by here on your way up to Ted's place. As the time gets closer I'll have a better idea.