The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Ford from Holland (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=285555)

Clint's Ford 08-14-2020 02:28 AM

Ford from Holland

3 Attachment(s)
Hello Everybody,

I would like to introduce myself to this forum. My name is Clint and i live in the Netherlands, Rotterdam. I am 25 years old and own a Ford model A Fordor from 1931. Two years ago I bought it from an old man with original papers. It is an original Dutch Ford that has been assembled in Rotterdam or Antwerpen in 1930.

Often I repair or maintain the car by myself. Together with a friend I drive from Rotterdam to Paris (France) or Heidelberg (Germany) +-1100 kilometers, (700 miles).

I would like to share my car and story's from repairs! :)

Kind Regards,

Clint

juke joint johnny 08-14-2020 03:13 AM

Re: Ford from Holland

Welcome to the Barn from this side of the Pond

Well Done on your travels maybe the UK one day !!

Clint's Ford 08-14-2020 03:18 AM

Hello Johnny,
I've planned this summer to go to London by boat from Rotterdam, but unfortunately corona ruined it.

Kind Regards,

Clint

Brad in Germany 08-14-2020 04:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Welcome to FordBarn.

https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/attac...1&d=1597399105

Brad in Maryland, USA

shew01 08-14-2020 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad in Germany (Post 1919953)
Welcome to FordBarn.

https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/attac...1&d=1597399105

Brad in Maryland, USA

I’m curious. What are these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McMimmcs 08-14-2020 06:05 AM

Welcome to the barn and the hobby! I am sure you will enjoy both !

Joop 08-14-2020 08:46 AM

Welkom Clint

Je hebt het juiste forum voor je vragen gevonden.
Vertel eens wat meer over hoe je met Ford Model A’s bent begonnen

Welcome Clint
You found the right Forum for your Questions.
Tell us more about how you started with the Model A

Joop in warm Glendale, AZ

Joop 08-14-2020 08:48 AM

Nice Radiator badge Brad, thanks for posting.

PalAl 08-14-2020 09:17 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clint's Ford (Post 1919944)
Hello Everybody,

I would like to introduce myself to this forum. My name is Clint and i live in the Netherlands, Rotterdam. I am 25 years old and own a Ford model A Fordor from 1931. Two years ago I bought it from an old man with original papers. It is an original Dutch Ford that has been assembled in Rotterdam or Antwerpen in 1930.

Often I repair or maintain the car by myself. Together with a friend I drive from Rotterdam to Paris (France) or Heidelberg (Germany) +-1100 kilometers, (700 miles).

I would like to share my car and story's from repairs! :)

Kind Regards,

Clint

Welcome to "The Barn" Clint, there is a wealth of knowledge here with great people willing to share what they know and there experiences. Never hesitate to ask a question. You have a fine looking car and it's great that you drive it. This is truly a great hobby. Looking forward to seeing more pictures and hearing of your adventures.
I too have a Fordor, a 1929 Briggs Body Standard 3-Window 165-B
Pictures attached

Chuck Dempsey 08-14-2020 10:03 AM

Welcome, indeed!

Harpkatt 08-14-2020 10:16 AM

Beautiful machine!

katy 08-14-2020 10:18 AM

PalAl, what kind of starter is that?

TerryH 08-14-2020 10:18 AM

I also want to welcome you here....lots of great information, help, and advise when you need it. Your car looks very nice & glad to hear you are driving it. Fordors are very nice, comfortable cars...great for cruising. Here is my 1930 Town Sedan I have had for 14 years now....

Brad in Germany 08-14-2020 12:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by shew01 (Post 1919954)
I’m curious. What are these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is an original era radiator badge celebrating the opening of the Ford assembly plant in Amsterdam, The Netherlands in May 1933. The small one is the pin that goes with it, as a set. These badges were given out to people who drove to the rally at the Amsterdam Ford factory, for that opening celebration.

Here is another photo of the set, including the book that is part of the set. The book describes the Ford plant in Amsterdam, with photos, etc.
https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/attac...1&d=1597426878

Clint: we look forward to hearing more about your Euro Model A adventures. You've got a great looking car!

Brad in Maryland

shew01 08-14-2020 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brad in Germany (Post 1920095)
It is an original era radiator badge celebrating the opening of the Ford assembly plant in Amsterdam, The Netherlands in May 1933. The small one is the pin that goes with it, as a set. These badges were given out to people who drove to the rally at the Amsterdam Ford factory, for that opening celebration.

Here is another photo of the set, including the book that is part of the set. The book describes the Ford plant in Amsterdam, with photos, etc.

Cool!

Herb Concord Ca 08-14-2020 02:55 PM

Welcome Clint, in the picture of the engine compartment, I see you have a air conditioner installed, I also have a a/c installed in my town sedan, do you use it much in the Netherlands? I see an air filter on the other side of the engine, what type of carburetor do you use?
Enjoy your car!

30 Closed Cab PU 08-14-2020 03:54 PM

Welocme to teh Barn, Nice looking car.

Lots of stuff going on under the Hood. Looks like a cut down 4 blade plastic fan. Do
not recall seeing that before. Why?

ahoogakev 08-15-2020 09:40 AM

hi Clint , great car I am in Canada and hope to do a Fordor one day too, maybe we will swap stories! Best regards,Kev

rotorwrench 08-15-2020 09:43 AM

It's likely due to the air conditioning installation. The car has been modernized to some degree but it is still a model A.

It's good to have more folks from other parts of the world. The Ford Barn is an international forum and it shows how popular the Fords still are after 90+ years. It's a good place to get relatively quick responses.

Welcome to the forum.

Fred K OR 08-15-2020 12:21 PM

Welcome Clint. Great looking car and looks like you have made some great trips.
We get over to your beautiful country to visit some relations that live in the Amsterdam area. Wish we could spend more time there.