The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Victoria interior progress (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=237826)

wexford 02-12-2018 11:50 PM

Re: Victoria interior progress

Here is a Model A rail that my dad did the WoodGraining, it is done in Butt Walnut

art ebeling 02-13-2018 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wexford (Post 1592405)
Here is a Model A rail that my dad did the WoodGraining, it is done in Butt Walnut

That is very nice. The woodgraining is one of the most rewarding projects I have done.

Binger 02-14-2018 12:14 PM

The interior looks great. Are you using a kit or are you sewing it your self? I always like upholstery work because you stay relatively clean. I need more practice with it and grow my trim skills.

art ebeling 02-14-2018 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Binger (Post 1592894)
The interior looks great. Are you using a kit or are you sewing it your self? I always like upholstery work because you stay relatively clean. I need more practice with it and grow my trim skills.

The interior is a Lebaron Bonney kit that came with the car. It has a few things that are not the same as the original interior that I have remnants of such as the pullstraps, binding on the visors and shades that I am changing to be more correct. Thanks for saying it looks great. Art

Binger 02-14-2018 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by art ebeling (Post 1592902)
The interior is a Lebaron Bonney kit that came with the car. It has a few things that are not the same as the original interior that I have remnants of such as the pullstraps, binding on the visors and shades that I am changing to be more correct. Thanks for saying it looks great. Art

The Lebaron Bonney Kits are some of the best. Wishing my pockets were deep enough to afford one when it comes time for my coupe.

jim galli 02-14-2018 02:50 PM

Now I'm curious, having never had the pleasure of a vic, is there any storage access to the little space in the bustle back? Pretty cars!

art ebeling 02-14-2018 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jim galli (Post 1592941)
Now I'm curious, having never had the pleasure of a vic, is there any storage access to the little space in the bustle back? Pretty cars!

The rear seat folds forward and there is a little storage area. I don’t have the seats in yet so I have not seen how much storage there is. Maybe someone has a picture.

G Baese 02-14-2018 04:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My flat firewall steel-back bustle space is about 12" at the top with the seat angled forward, 14" at the bottom, 22" deep and 42" wide.
geary