The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Bubba report from web site ... (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=266651)

BUBBAS IGNITION 07-21-2019 12:15 PM

Bubba report from web site ...

Just a brief update on the shop.......and my overall health......

http://www.bubbasignition.com/health-----2019.html

corvette8n 07-21-2019 01:33 PM

Re: Bubba report from web site ...

Thanks for the update, take it easy.

mfirth 07-21-2019 04:04 PM

Yer on my prayer list; now keep on "spark'n" around! mike

Charlie ny 07-21-2019 04:24 PM

Jim,
You are a part of us all. The way you have ALWAYS freely shared your know-
ledge is a testament to who you are. The next T shirt I send you will need to be a
medium. God loves you and so do we !!
Charlie ny

Talkwrench 07-21-2019 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie ny (Post 1779605)
Jim,
You are a part of us all. The way you have ALWAYS freely shared your know-
ledge is a testament to who you are. The next T shirt I send you will need to be a
medium. God loves you and so do we !!
Charlie ny

here here...

Pat/Ohio 07-21-2019 08:05 PM

Jim....Sounds like you are "rolling" with it! Praying for your recovery and for adjusting to your new life. Take it easy!

Pat

fordcragar 07-22-2019 01:21 AM

Thanks for the update Jim. This getting old has some draw backs. it sounds like you’re doing all the right things. Take care!

chap52 07-22-2019 07:30 AM

Jim.. God has a plan! Praying that you are strengthened and at peace as you go through this "adventure".
You have blessed many with your insights and experiences. It's OK to "slow your roll" as you go through these treatments. I know you ain't going to put those wrenches down.
I am looking at installing a 100+ pound sink in our kitchen this week and have done the install a dozen times in my head already. Just to say, let all the heavy work be in your head right now and take time to heal physically, be strengthened spiritually and know that there are many that appreciate you and are praying for your recovery... Chap

Old Redneck 07-22-2019 08:17 AM

The VA has been wonderful for me. I know they will take very good care of you. They have taken good care of me. We will pray for you and do take care of yourself. God Bless.

48fordnut 07-22-2019 11:26 AM

Stay the course. Thoughts and Prayers for all.

jim

nickthebandit 07-22-2019 11:36 AM

Jim, as a fellow dialysis patient, I know where you are coming from. I have had to go to the hospital twice to get my fistula opened up, a roto-rooter type procedure. Today we had problems at my dialysis, some residual blockage in the fistula. Next, I have to go to get my fistula opened up again, and more than likely have a new stent installed. the nurses at dialysis told me that some dialysis patients have to go for a roto-rooter job every 3-4 months. I guess that I am one of them. Just remember that dialysis beats the alternative. Yes, you will have good and bad days, that's how it is. today they took out about 7, 3/4 pounds, but so far it is a good day. Keep smiling, and be thankful that they can do what they can for us.

totto 07-22-2019 05:20 PM

Great news, Jim...…..Hope good things continue...… Will you be @ Early Ford V8 Central meet? Sure hope your recovery will allow to be there.

Henry

expavr 07-22-2019 06:28 PM

Jim
Glad to hear that you’re keeping a positive attitude. Regarding the issue of blood thinners and their impact on our lives I’ve been taking a baby aspirin daily for the last 5 years and my blood is so thin that when I skin a knuckle while wrenching on something I bleed like a stuck pig. As bad/ugly as that can be I take heart knowing that its much better to be looking down at the grass than the other way around. Take care and God Bless...!!!
Les Williams

mhsprecher 07-22-2019 09:12 PM

Take care. Weight loss is good. Best of luck to you.

1952henry 07-23-2019 09:56 AM

Hang in there Jim. Prayers your way.

donald1950 07-24-2019 09:00 AM

i am praying for you Bubba, every day. i am on blood thinners also and if i scratch myself working on the car its really fun with blood running down my hand or arm. i use a tefla pad, spray Afrin on the wound and then on the tefla pad and then use some of the nonstick brown sticks to itself tape to hold the tefla pad in place. do not use a bandied as that will move the skin around the wound when peeled off and start the bleeding again. Afrin in a nose spray but it is a "constrictant" and works well in constricting blood vessels of bleeding skin wounds. works well for me and i am on Plavics for a stent and Eleqis for AFIB

ky29roadster 07-25-2019 06:10 AM

Charlie said it best! Hang in there and God's speed to you. Bill