The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Need Electronic Media Artist (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=259749)

Bob Bidonde 02-26-2019 09:22 AM

Need Electronic Media Artist

I need help with a logo preservation project.

My Model "A" Club needs to have its logos reproduced in BITMAP files. The club does not have a quality copy of its logo to use for this purpose.

The artist I seek needs to draw an isometric view of a 1931 Model "A" Coupe over an outline of the local geography (an island), and letter the club's name. A sample logo will be provided.

Please reply with recommendations for artists and their contact info.

Gary WA 02-26-2019 01:20 PM

Re: Need Electronic Media Artist

1 Attachment(s)
you have any grand kids?

mleder 02-26-2019 03:13 PM

Why not try a local technical college or art school and let them do it as a project

5lugnuts 02-26-2019 04:26 PM

Maybe you need someone with photoshop experience. There are stock (not copywrited) line drawings of L.I. and the Model A that can be stacked with any lettering you want. The process is called layering. I did it more than a decade ago, so for someone who has the software and the skill it would not be difficult. You would not need a professional service to produce what you want. You might have someone in the club with relatives that could do it. Grandchildren? I don't have the Photoshop program or I would do it for you.

Charlie Stephens 02-26-2019 05:48 PM

How about a contest in the club to make the logo? I would volunteer my 12 year old but she has too much homework. Something like this would also bring the younger kids into the hobby.

Charlie Stephens

31Cabriolet68-C 02-26-2019 06:18 PM

Hi Bob,
I can highly recommend a local designer, a fellow I've known for 35 years.
He can do a truly professional job.
(He also helped paint the rear fenders on my Cabriolet.)
A super guy.
Send me a PM...
Thanks,
John Baldwin

Cool Hand Lurker 02-26-2019 09:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is something I worked up in an hour with Paint.NET and images from "Clip Art" and Google Maps on the Internet. You should be able to get someone who is good at the computer to spend a little more time and come up with something pretty good.

GRutter 02-26-2019 10:15 PM

Hi Bob -
We do graphic design in our business (I own several The UPS Store locations in NC)
Trust me... you do NOT want your logo in Bitmap format. Bitmap is an obsolete proprietary format. What you need is your logo in VECTOR format, from which you could rescale as necessary with no loss in image quality, and create other image formats such as PDF or PNG. PM me with the highest quality sample of what you need.

larrys40 02-27-2019 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRutter (Post 1731132)
Hi Bob -
We do graphic design in our business (I own several The UPS Store locations in NC)
Trust me... you do NOT want your logo in Bitmap format. Bitmap is an obsolete proprietary format. What you need is your logo in VECTOR format, from which you could rescale as necessary with no loss in image quality, and create other image formats such as PDF or PNG. PM me with the highest quality sample of what you need.

Absolutely true ! You need your logo image converted as he said to Vector format. A vector pdf, ai (adobe illustrator) and eps formats all in vector.
If you need additional sources to get that done drop me a pm.
It does involve redrawing the logo in automation form or manually to achieve it. The resolution can be then varied as needed for different projects .

Larry

Bob Bidonde 03-01-2019 10:19 AM

Thanks all for your responses. I will be investigating the VECTOR file format for the logo. More to follow.

Mike V. Florida 03-01-2019 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRutter (Post 1731132)
Hi Bob -

Absolutely true!!!

Here is why, bit maps (rasters) are made up of dots. The size of the dots grows as the picture grows. Vectors are a mathematical formula that locates points and when the picture gets bigger the math simply increases.

There is a place for raster and a place for vector. This link may help.

https://vector-conversions.com/vecto...vs_vector.html

Mike V. Florida 03-01-2019 11:07 PM

Do you have a picture of what you have now?