The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Brookville vs Howell? (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=257718)

37 Coupe 01-17-2019 10:46 AM

Brookville vs Howell?

I think Brookville now makes a stamped floor platform for the Model A rumble seat cushion floorI think. Just would like to know if anyone has seen it to be better than the Howell made one.I think the Howell one has the more correct zig zag lines but I would weigh in favor of quality over authenticity if I could get an opinion.Thank You.

pj's junkers 01-17-2019 11:23 AM

Re: Brookville vs Howell?

I would NOT deal with Howell's unless you buy at a swap meet and can take immediate delivery.

37 Coupe 01-17-2019 11:53 AM

I would buy from Snyders or Bratton's.Brattons offers two one made by Howell and one they just say stamped in Ohio. I have a weird one that is new but made in the seventies that mayby Howell stamped,it is not stamped on top as they are now.I am looking for one that shows a little support when my grandkids get in not make a bang noise like a dent pushed in and out.
Ofcourse Brattons claims they are both excellent .

denis4x4 01-17-2019 01:52 PM

Have purchased Howell stuff through Bert’s and have had no issues on quality or delivery.

Chris Haynes 01-18-2019 12:18 AM

Howell's makes crap and has no customer service. BEWARE.

37 Coupe 01-18-2019 08:18 AM

Well this is getting confusing. Mayby I will just stick with the rumble seat floor fabricated in the fifties by a sheet metal shop.

Joe K 01-18-2019 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by denis4x4 (Post 1717153)
Have purchased Howell stuff through Bert’s and have had no issues on quality or delivery.

Berts essentially acts a "quality control" for any repop parts sold though them. A nice asset actually. Berts has plenty of "comparison stock" around to compare form, fit, quality - and will make good on anything found unacceptable.

While I was in Beaumont, TX on business a few years back I looked up Howells. At that point they had declared bankruptcy or some other action and the storefront was boarded up, lights off, and no one was around EVER. A phone call got a recorded message and indicated a business time - but when you arrive at that time no-one was there.

Things may have changed since then. People do emerge from adverse business actions. But I would put them as a "non-contender" for your business dollar.

Heh. Howells rates at 2.8 on a scale of 1 to 5 in 14 Google reviews.

Joe K

48fordnut 01-18-2019 09:53 AM

Have bought direct from Howells and satisfied. Same with B ville. That;s my experience.