The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Parts for a rebuilder (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=297664)

JoeWay 04-22-2021 01:49 PM

Parts for a rebuilder

I'm posting on behalf of the Feather River As in Quincy, CA. Our long-time member Ron Rude, who was well known in this forum and in the hobby, passed away a couple of years ago. His family gave his Model A parts to the club. We have no members who are interested in the parts--we're all old and our cars are done--so we would like to find someone who is rebuilding components and could use them.

We have perhaps 15 cubic feet of various parts--carburetor, starter, generator, distributor, etc. Many of the parts have been restored. There are also some complete unrestored starters, generators, etc. Anyone who knew Ron will be aware that he had high standards, so the parts he kept are going to be a good resource.

The parts are in Quincy. Send me a private message if you are interested, and I'll put you in touch with the member who is storing them.

Brentwood Bob 04-22-2021 02:03 PM

Re: Parts for a rebuilder

Pm sent.

Gene F 04-22-2021 04:34 PM

Do yourself a favor. Find somone that wants to buy them as a complete lot. Do not sell pieces. Just my 2 cents.

JoeWay 04-22-2021 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gene F (Post 2009952)
Do yourself a favor. Find somone that wants to buy them as a complete lot. Do not sell pieces. Just my 2 cents.

Yep. Gonna be a take-it-all deal. Thanks.

whirnot 04-23-2021 09:32 PM

For those that didn't know Ron, his truck is in the Gilmore Model A Museum. Kind of an idea what his standards were.

Steve Plucker 04-24-2021 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whirnot (Post 2010342)
For those that didn't know Ron, his truck is in the Gilmore Model A Museum. Kind of an idea what his standards were.

Very high in my book! Ron (RIP) is seen on the left side of my avitar. Along with Mike Gooding, Steve Ciccalone (RIP), and myself.

Pluck

JoeWay 04-24-2021 08:28 PM

My thanks to those who have PMed me and replied here. We think we have found a new home for the remaining parts here in Northern Calif. Ron had been working pretty diligently on selling his good restored stuff since he finished his Light Delivery, as he did not plan on doing any more restorations.

Joe (one of the many people who miss Ron a LOT.)

Benson 04-25-2021 08:24 AM

Joe,

It is good to finally hear that you are still doing well!

Thanks for posting and for all your helpful postings in the past.

Benson

BigGameJames 04-28-2021 02:12 PM

Hello all,

New member here.

Looking forward to learning a lot from you all.

amuffler 04-30-2021 09:46 AM

I am interested in your parts, I have a Model A Ford business here in Medford, OR
please call Joe Davis 650-279-6609 Thanks

ahs0106 05-07-2021 11:40 AM

Have you sold all the parts yet? Thanks for your time, Ken.