The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   elling my stash (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=258468)

Kube 01-30-2019 07:30 PM

elling my stash

Sorry guys, my two typing fingers missed the "S"...obviously it's SELLING, not elling.

Yep, made the final decision to sell off the stash of parts. Tough choice that's not come quickly nor easily. However, it's time to be realistic.
Stuff is going cheap in the hopes someone can use it. if not, stuff is just 'going". A shame at times but I'm not gonna store it so the wife has to deal with it eventually.

I know I'll keep some of the goodies if for no other reason than to simply look at.

So, you guys have the same thoughts?

V8 Bob 01-30-2019 08:01 PM

Re: elling my stash

Your not alone. I stopped collecting a few years ago and have already started a "stash" reduction. :)

Angledrive 01-30-2019 08:10 PM

I need to also

1ton 01-30-2019 08:16 PM

I started "decluttering" last summer. First round went to trash or scrap. I was amazed at how much worthless crap I had laying around. Next, sell it or give it away. And I still have too much crap. Had a garage sale and sold a ton of stuff cheap. Still too much. It's looking better but I've got a long way to go. Look up "Swedish death cleaning". Get rid of the clutter to make room for what really matters.

Charlie ny 01-30-2019 08:40 PM

YIKES...I'm pushing 80 and awaiting delivery of a crate ignition goodies from a guy in

Wisc. Saturday I should receive two '52 Olds Roch 4 barrels ( my fav for a Flathead )
Oh Well
Hope my cancer check up goes well
Charlie ny

tubman 01-30-2019 09:11 PM

I started divesting myself of stuff over a decade ago and have hardly made a dent in it. I think it's partly due to the fact that I find so many good deals I just have to have. The quality of my "stash" has improved somewhat, however.

I think that the early Ford guys who are still active will be very happy in 10 or 20 years.

Tinker 01-30-2019 09:13 PM

quality is better then quantity ever time.

petehoovie 01-30-2019 09:19 PM

It usually holds true (at least in my case) that 'junk' is something you need two weeks after you get rid of it....

alanwoodieman 01-30-2019 09:25 PM

working on putting up another pole barn at the edge of the woods to better organize my stash and get that darn brand x ( my boys parts) out of my building, still can't find that elusive 36 water pump for right side--know it is painted silver!!!

Lawson Cox 01-30-2019 10:14 PM

I'm "elling" mine too. Not too much stuff for me, but kids raising cane.

Kube 01-30-2019 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie ny (Post 1721830)
YIKES...I'm pushing 80 and awaiting delivery of a crate ignition goodies from a guy in

Wisc. Saturday I should receive two '52 Olds Roch 4 barrels ( my fav for a Flathead )
Oh Well
Charlie ny

Oh, oh. It (tracking) shows delivered to your front porch yesterday morning.

cas3 01-30-2019 10:49 PM

i'll take the 36 roadster, how cheap is it, when can i come get it?:D

Graeme / New Zealand 01-30-2019 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie ny (Post 1721830)

Oh Well
Charlie ny

Hell Charlie when i read you were "awaiting delivery of a crate" I thought you mean't a "crate" for oneself! Anyway good luck with your check up.

GB

oldandtired 01-31-2019 07:45 AM

I accumulated a lot of pickup parts for 35-37's and 39's over the years. I had parts hanging in the shop, in two storage buildings, upstairs in my daughter's old bedroom, in the attic, under the beds in two of the bedrooms, and even in my son's tree house when he outgrew it. I told my wife it was my retirement savings. Well, I retired. Virtually all of the stash is gone now in terms of grills and sheet metal. My kids are not interested; neither can drive a standard and are not interested in no a/c, no power brakes, no power steering, no pricey electronics, and the like so the projects that are ready except for reassembly are just sitting there with no particularly good reason to put them together. I bought a 35 pickup to build for my son to drive to high school back when he was 12. I still have it with a good bit of the work completed, and my son will be 30 in March and still not interested. I have a grandson old enough to drive. He would love to have one of my pickups, but the one he wants is my Super Duty, not even my street rod.

corvette8n 01-31-2019 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petehoovie (Post 1721849)
It usually holds true (at least in my case) that 'junk' is something you need two weeks after you get rid of it....

You are so right.

deuce5wndw 01-31-2019 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kube (Post 1721811)
Sorry guys, my two typing fingers missed the "S"...obviously it's SELLING, not elling.

Yep, made the final decision to sell off the stash of parts. Tough choice that's not come quickly nor easily. However, it's time to be realistic.
Stuff is going cheap in the hopes someone can use it. if not, stuff is just 'going". A shame at times but I'm not gonna store it so the wife has to deal with it eventually.

I know I'll keep some of the goodies if for no other reason than to simply look at.

So, you guys have the same thoughts?

I have been thinning mine also, just sold a NOS engine block I had had 30 years! But what kind of goodies are you selling?

JM 35 Sedan 01-31-2019 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kube (Post 1721811)

Why not go to EDIT and make the correction?? You could have done that quicker than typing the above sentence. :)

rufus39 01-31-2019 09:53 AM

Mike, please let us know when and where you post these items you are parting with.. Many of us here would probably be interested in seeing what you are parting with.

deuce_roadster 01-31-2019 10:03 AM

I truly hope no medical condition has prompted this. I too have been letting parts go that others have asked about . This must mean you are not going to be restoring any more projects and can now more enjoy the ones you have kept. I am SURE you will find something to keep you busy!

Automotive Stud 01-31-2019 10:10 AM

How are you selling your stuff? Are you posting in the classifieds here, ebay, just selling locally? I'm 34 and always interested in acquiring more early Ford parts.