The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Rare '40 convertible restoration project (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=223641)

corvette8n 10-28-2018 06:45 PM

Re: Rare '40 convertible restoration project

Mike: great job did you get any sleep in the last 16 months?:)

Kube 10-28-2018 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidG (Post 1690406)
Mike,

Super; congratulations!

Dave, THANK YOU for the compliment. that means a lot ...

DavidG 10-28-2018 07:48 PM

I envy the pace of your work (especially notable given the quality of the result). As you know, this year has been pretty much of a write-off for me restoration-project-wise.

Kube 10-28-2018 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidG (Post 1690431)
I envy the pace of your work (along with the quality of the result). As you know, this year has been pretty much of a write-off for me restoration-project-wise.

Gosh, this one took me way too long in my opinion. I think I must be slowing down. Is that possible?

Still, I'm glad it's done.

cmbrucew 10-28-2018 09:41 PM

Kube
You dun real good. It's a real beauty.
Bruce

Kube 10-29-2018 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deuce_roadster (Post 1690283)
I like the radio delete, rare for a convertible! I too envy your work and look forward to the new book.

I believe this is kind of an odd "build". The order letter (authentic to this particular vehicle) spelled out exactly how the car was to be built including the aluminum high compression heads. No radio, no heater.
As soon as I get my scanner up and running again, I'll try to post a decent scan of the letter. I think many may find it interesting.

Bill 10-29-2018 07:59 AM

Looking forward to seeing it at a V8 meet somewhere this year! Was real disappointed when it was a noshow at Dearborn last June! Love a 40 Deluxe in any body style this one is way over the top! Take a bow...Bill

50fordcoupeman 10-29-2018 12:37 PM

Wow.........what a great job!! I am totally salute your tenacity and craftsmanship. I am glad you can't see the gaps and fitments of my avatar.

rockfla 10-29-2018 01:34 PM

Mike
I can only say "spectacular" and that somehow seems to be inadequate on all levels.

Mart 10-29-2018 02:40 PM

It's all right, I guess.

No, honestly, it's absolutely beautiful. Well done, Mike, your work is always top class.

Mart.

Kube 10-30-2018 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mart (Post 1690689)
It's all right, I guess.

No, honestly, it's absolutely beautiful. Well done, Mike, your work is always top class.

Mart.

Thanks for the kind words and the big smile you brought to me. I really appreciate that. A great way to start the day :)

rockfla 11-07-2018 09:30 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Kube
Thought I would share that there is someone more addicted (my friends words, not mine) maybe??? He says "the road to recovery is recognition. He built this model from scratch from this picture. Of course everthing functions from the safari windows, suiside doors, tilting bed etc, etc and yes Even the guages are painted, needles and all!! He said that this paint job was easy and only took about 50 hours........many of his models he has 100 plus hours in paint and prep. Wheels and turbo's were machined and all the bead lock screw heads added by hand. As one of my "other" best friends says, David (the builder) can pick fly crap out of Pepper!!!

rockfla 11-07-2018 10:43 AM

Mike
I was also showing my friend you're 40 Convertible restoration and he was just drooling. Was quite impressed and took more confidence in seeing what you did to maybe take on more of his restoration On his Austin Healey BJ6!!! And a few more model pictures....he machined the safari windows and all the other chrome pieces and sends them to the chrome plater to get plated like we do.

rockfla 11-07-2018 11:08 AM

3 Attachment(s)
More pics