The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   31 Tudor measurement (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295576)

29stude 03-09-2021 12:34 PM

31 Tudor measurement

1 Attachment(s)
Hello

Can anyone please tell me the measurement marked on picture.

Attachment 457939

Thanks

31Tudor 03-09-2021 03:08 PM

Re: 31 Tudor measurement

It is kind of an awkward measurement there because it curves and the measurement gets larger as you go forward. About where you have your mark I am at 1 inch and it is 1 1/4 inches on the other side of the tape. Just so you know, that splash apron piece you show in your picture does not replicate the shape of an original splash apron. Yours is coming out almost straight and they are curving and sloping downward in that area, about at my 1" mark.

I reposted below, looking at it wrong.

29stude 03-09-2021 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 31Tudor (Post 1994239)
It is kind of an awkward measurement there because it curves and the measurement gets larger as you go forward. About where you have your mark I am at 1 inch and it is 1 1/4 inches on the other side of the tape. Just so you know, that splash apron piece you show in your picture does not replicate the shape of an original splash apron. Yours is coming out almost straight and they are curving and sloping downward in that area, about at my 1" mark.

Hello 31Tudor

It’s a car made up from various panels, so any info is a huge help. Thanks

I believe the wings and aprons are original and from a coupe.
Is it possible aprons are different between sedan and coupe?

Thanks again for your help

31Tudor 03-09-2021 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 31Tudor (Post 1994239)

I'm sorry, I was looking at it the wrong way, from the side not the front the front measurement is 2 1/4

31Tudor 03-09-2021 03:32 PM

They are the same splash apron, the outside rolled edge still looks more sharp of an edge than the originals. Might be the picture though.

29stude 03-09-2021 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 31Tudor (Post 1994247)
They are the same splash apron, the outside rolled edge still looks more sharp of an edge than the originals. Might be the picture though.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.
(Sorry can’t reply to your pm as only have 5 posts):

Gav