The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Paul Bradley Floors (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=271902)

philipswanson 10-30-2019 12:27 PM

Paul Bradley Floors

I was wondering if Paul Bradley is still in business??? After several tries, I have been unable to reach him for several months now. Anybody done business with him lately. He does make the best Ford floorboards out there and I hate to see him go belly up. Can't get on his website anymore either???

Don Rogers 10-30-2019 01:05 PM

Re: Paul Bradley Floors

He was not at Hershey this year!!!!

uncle buck 10-30-2019 01:40 PM

He has been operating like he was " going out of business " for years now so it wouldn't surprise me. I was trying to get a hold of him a few years ago and had almost the same results. A woman would take a message and after I left a several messages with her over a few months and I finally gave up. I agree , he has / had the best floors for a 35-36

rotorwrench 10-30-2019 05:15 PM

I would figure someone like Mack Hils that already has a metal fabrication company might try and pick up on this niche market and expand his pickup bed business to includes cab floors and even car floors. At least someone like him already has machinery and know how. I guess folks just set their vision to what is going to keep them as busy as they want to be. No more and no less.

It seemed like Paul was trying to sell to the resto parts suppliers for a while but it cut into his one on one approach and turned it into his one on none approach. Oh well, we can always hope for the best and pound out our own sheet metal in the mean time.

50droptop 10-30-2019 08:57 PM

I spoke with Paul recently and he IS still in business. He did mention that he’s been taking care of his mother who has been ill since February. Based on our conversation it seems things are improving and he’s beginning to be able to devote more time to the business. Hopefully the responsiveness will improve.

philipswanson 10-30-2019 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 50droptop (Post 1815994)
I spoke with Paul recently and he IS still in business. He did mention that he’s been taking care of his mother who has been ill since February. Based on our conversation it seems things are improving and he’s beginning to be able to devote more time to the business. Hopefully the responsiveness will improve.

How long ago was this? He told me the same thing abut 6 months ago but haven't talked to him since. Have called MANY times only to get voice mail.

50droptop 10-31-2019 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philipswanson (Post 1816009)
How long ago was this? He told me the same thing abut 6 months ago but haven't talked to him since. Have called MANY times only to get voice mail.

I spoke with him less than a week ago.

TJ 10-31-2019 09:29 AM

I think I heard the same universal excuse used by the guy in Grants Pass, Oregon that rebuilds flatheads. Word travels fast when it comes to excuses.

Seth Swoboda 10-31-2019 12:14 PM

I wish I could be that independent.

Mtn Wudy 11-01-2019 12:36 AM

You only need one excuse ,,is what heard.....
Ya get too many,,and ya loose track of em'....

Not me ,,,mind ya...I was kicked out of the procrastinators club last year..Two years ago I finished refinishing a piece of antique furniture I started on in 1973...

philipswanson 11-01-2019 07:27 PM

Hope things improve.....because he does make the best floors hands down.

v8fordman 11-06-2019 10:19 PM

What pans do you guys need? I have access to a few of Paul's pans. He even sent me his price list. He was at the Charlotte AutoFair a few weeks ago and he is taking care of his mom. He told me he has not been able to work for some time now. He has other income sources, so he doesn't have to provide us with the finest floor pans on the market.

Vics Stuff 11-07-2019 02:54 AM

Many of these vendors actually do this as a hobby not as a livelyhood.
Vic

philipswanson 11-08-2019 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v8fordman (Post 1818587)
What pans do you guys need? I have access to a few of Paul's pans.

I need the passenger side for a 40 Ford wagon. Please let me know if you have it.

Thanks, Phil Swanson

Terry K 01-19-2020 01:05 PM

I've been waiting 3 yrs for my pans that are paid for... He has been telling me many stories and will not return my money.

swoopNZ 01-19-2020 01:08 PM

Drake offers the full front 39/40 floor for $375.
Hard to beat if they are actually in stock.

philipswanson 01-19-2020 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swoopNZ (Post 1843080)

These are no where near the quality of Bradley's. Also they don't fit the wagon at all. If you are going to use Drake pans, you would be better to invest in sheet metal rollers and make your own. But Bradley's are just like original stampings but good luck getting a hold of him. His voice mail has been full for months.

Bored&Stroked 01-19-2020 06:52 PM

I can't count the number of 'Paul Bradley makes the best product, but has the worst business ethics in the world' posts . . . I don't care if he sold me his stuff at 1/3 his normal price - wouldn't buy from him. Who needs the drama . . .

Kube 01-19-2020 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swoopNZ (Post 1843080)

They are not in stock.

51woodie 01-19-2020 08:47 PM

Has anyone been to his place of business? A few years ago, on my way to Florida, I went to the address I had for him in Charlotte NC, and found a rundown motel that was closed. I looked in one of the windows and saw boxes with the company name on them. I don't know if that was his place of business or only used for storage. Didn't give me a good feeling about doing business with him. Could be wrong.