The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   NO Bubba? then who (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=275365)

materguru 01-14-2020 05:29 PM

NO Bubba? then who

since Bubba's Ignition seems to be on the slow side for now, who do yall suggest to go to for Mallory...old Mallory dizzy advice and refurbishing? i ;have a 49 8ba that gets power into but not a lick of power coming out of it. Not to mention setting points or anything else. im also looking for a condenser. one of the old ones that has burgundy bake lite. or the replacement for it. i need to know the testing for the dizzy. As i said got power going into but not getting to plugs. any and all replies are appreciated. need suggestions as to problem with starting

Charlie ny 01-14-2020 05:52 PM

Re: NO Bubba? then who

Don't count Bubba out, he just shared that his grandson is coming on board
Charlie ny

Branded 01-14-2020 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie ny (Post 1841351)
Don't count Bubba out, he just shared that his grandson is coming on board
Charlie ny

Charlie
Are you still doing helmet Distributors

tubman 01-14-2020 06:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The old Mallory's are pretty easy to work on unless the bushings are worn out. I've never had one that was that worn because of the type of use they get. Points, rotors and condensers are available if you watch eBay, although they can get a little expensive. Depending on the vintage of the distributor, these parts sometimes can be obtained from Jeg's or Summit. I don't remember any burgundy bakelite condensers, although some caps and coils were a rich brown color if that's what you mean. Because of the drying up of the suppoly, the old time "trash can" condensers are getting hard to find. When you do find them, they are usually split. I am making reproductions of these if you are interested. Here are a couple of pictures :

Desoto291Hemi 01-14-2020 06:49 PM

Hey guys,,,,Tubman makes an excellent condenser as well.
They are truly beautiful.

Tommy

Charlie ny 01-14-2020 10:55 PM

Branded....check your PM's
Charlie ny

BUBBAS IGNITION 01-15-2020 06:56 AM

Guys i am still doing these but have cut back a ton since dialyis is three days a week. Where we used to do 400 a year now 150 is going to be the norm. So if you are patient i can get ya done , you just cant be in a hurry. I am in the shop three to four days a week and usually just afternoons. Terry my part time guy helps three days a week as well.
I try to build helmets one day and crabs etc. If ya get in on the right day you might get a return in a week or less , otherwise expect two weeks ..

The Mallorys are great distributors but they get sticky inside and the only fix is tear down , clean , polish and relube, replace or reburnish the contacts and test clean condensor .Caps are very hard to find but i have a box of good used ones that we clean and clearcoat etc. Just takes time .

done4 01-15-2020 02:33 PM

Good to hear you're still in the game!

materguru 01-19-2020 12:58 PM

i have all new parts bubba just need to tell you what i need done. please pick up phone

Farley's34 01-20-2020 10:08 AM

Bubba I'd stay clear of this guy - you will never get your money! Materguru do you tell your Dr. what to do too ? You know what needs to be done do it yourself.

tubman 01-20-2020 10:44 AM

I agree with the above. It's really rude to ask a guy who has problems finding time to run his business for a freeby.

JLC36PU 01-21-2020 08:54 PM

Charlie ny did a great job on a distributor for my 8ba. Couldn’t be happier!

Charlie ny 01-21-2020 09:52 PM

[email protected]
Charlie ny