The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   New to me Very good condition 1936 ford pickup (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119649)

Birfdaycake 10-08-2013 09:19 AM

New to me Very good condition 1936 ford pickup

1 Attachment(s)
We just got a garage kept since 1936 ford pickup. We started it drove it everything was good. Everything is stock original. It's our first old ford. I was wondering how many are in gret shape and all original still. Also. I was planning on pulling the gas tank to check out the inside condition. Does the be need to pulled to do this. Any other info or things I should look at would be greatly appreciated. Also the original wood panel floor plates that drop in need to be replaced. We want to do wood again. Is there a kit for this or something else you folks suggest

bk53 10-08-2013 09:45 AM

Re: New to me Very good condition 1936 ford pickup

Nice score! enjoy the learning process.

Lawson Cox 10-08-2013 10:10 AM

The truck looks nice for a driver. These old trucks are a lot of fun, and are not very common.

"EVERYTHING" is not "STOCK ORIGINAL" First thing to jump out at me is the paint job. Belt molding around the cab is not body color as original. What wood do you plan on replacing? If it has a wooden floorboard in the bed, it is not original. Original bed floor is covered with steel. What about more pictures. Roy Nacewicz makes the wood for this truck if you need new wood.

I am working on 35-36 pickup book, but it is still in its rough form. Don't know when book will be published. If I can help with anything strictly pickup, let me know.

Lawson

Birfdaycake 10-08-2013 10:17 AM

The bed has the original steel. Mechanically other than that paint it's original. I have to replace the floor boards in the cab.

JM 35 Sedan 10-08-2013 10:19 AM

Lawson, I hope you and Jerry keep plugging away on that book and get it done. I would love to see that published and buy a couple copies.
Thank you!

FHFD 10-08-2013 10:27 AM

Nice p/u..enjoy!

Vic Piano 10-08-2013 10:46 AM

That is a sharp lookin' truck...:cool: Have fun with it.:D

Scott H in Wheaton 10-08-2013 10:47 AM

Very nice, would love to see more photos

JM 35 Sedan 10-08-2013 10:57 AM

Yes, it looks like you found a very nice '36 pickup. As someone else mentioned, it would be great to see more pictures of the exterior, interior and engine compartment. Get it running good, mechanically safe, and enjoy the ride!
I am wondering where you are located (approximately) and if you are a member of the Early Ford V-8 Club? It would be great to see that PU at one of the scheduled 2014 meets.

Birfdaycake 10-08-2013 11:44 AM

I'm locate in Middletown Delaware.

Lawson Cox 10-08-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan (Post 740806)
Lawson, I hope you and Jerry keep plugging away on that book and get it done. I would love to see that published and buy a couple copies.
Thank you!

We are still working on it but not with fire we had in our bellies before the EFV8CA threw us under the bus.

Bob G/Spanaway 10-08-2013 12:07 PM

I think it's pretty rare to see one that has never been messed with.
Very nice!

banjoQ 10-08-2013 12:12 PM

Sir- you are a lucky man! What a great truck. You are right to want to get a look in the tank. You will have to drop it and remove the sender and the filler tube to get a good look. Not knowing the history of the truck but it could go either way. Any rust or scale and I would suggest replacement. They don't cost that much and it would save you time and frustration. You must know by now if the brakes are serviceable, keep a close eye on them. If the truck has sat for a long time they might deteriorate fast with use. The floorboard can be made easily using the old one as a template. I tend to look at these vehicles as more of an example of American Folk Art than shrines to Henry Ford. So changes in the mechanics or appearance are further examples of the many hands that have worked on the vehicles over the last 77 years. Have fun with your truck and be sure to share with your family and friends. Good luck.

Birfdaycake 10-08-2013 12:21 PM

Do any of you guys know a round about number of what one like this might be worth. Besides that brown strip and the needing of new cab floor boards it's is all original and has Ben kept in a garage. By the way I'm only 28 so I have limited knowledge of these old fords. So any help is very much appreciated

Fibber Mcgee 10-08-2013 04:10 PM

I don't know what its worth but I do know the closer to original you keep it the more it will be worth. DON'T CUSTOMIZE IT.

TJ 10-09-2013 09:50 AM

If the wood floor boards need replacing then you should check under the cab to see if the wood supports between the frame and the cab also need replacing.

mhsprecher 10-09-2013 10:40 AM

Very cool. You are a lucky guy!

Gumpy 10-09-2013 12:04 PM

nice lookin truck, build it the way you want it, and have some fun!

JLB3 10-10-2013 06:36 AM

The good think about original un-modified old fords, is the fact that you can buy replacement parts from places like Macs and Bob Drake, Dick Spadaro and others. It's not cheap, but the parts would be drop in replacements (Bed wood, cab support wood, floorboards etc...)

I jump on the opportunity to buy an un-modified old pickup like yours.

31chevy 10-10-2013 06:50 AM

very nice find. Enjoy!!!
Gary.