The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   An Early Ford Truck Post... Let's see them. (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26556)

FlatheadTed 04-03-2011 02:16 PM

Re: An Early Ford Truck Post... Let's see them.

Thats a real Beauty,Tony
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Bullard (Post 186016)
'34 bb
How do ya post pix with attaching? Thanks, Tony. Sorry, I see you have to have them on the web first.

41panelmark 04-03-2011 06:06 PM

Great truck Tony.

Garrett 04-05-2011 12:15 AM

2 Attachment(s)
1938... just got her

47COE 05-25-2011 10:16 AM

4 Attachment(s)
As a new member here, this thread looks like a good place to introduce myself and post some pictures of my truck. I've had this truck since 1974 and use it to transport grain and wine grapes.

About a year and a half ago, I finally did something to fix it up after just doing minimal maintenance over the years.

It got a new wood bed, body work and new paint, engine rebuild, transmission and steering box work, and all new wiring.

In the photos you can see before and after.

It is pretty much all original with 59ab engine, a 4 speed truck transmission followed by a 3 speed transmission. No 2-speed rear end.

Tom

Jack M. 05-25-2011 12:34 PM

Nice COE ,and it still is working.

2ndgeer 05-25-2011 01:12 PM

47COE
Those last two photos look like vintage Kodachromes from 1947. The truck and men doin' an honest day's labor.
Very nice.

FlatheadTed 05-25-2011 03:49 PM

Welcome Tom ,Nice CO ,We don't see these down here in (NZ ) .Its good to see it earning a living to .Would like to see photos of the inside and with the Engine cover of ,Ted

raisinhel 05-25-2011 06:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
i rack up many miles a month with this one.

Dick Webber 05-25-2011 08:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's my 49 F-1 6 cylinder before and after. It was a long term project.

Dick

Lawson Cox 05-25-2011 08:20 PM

Very nice.

Ken Crans 05-26-2011 10:19 PM

Hey Dick, That is a fine example of the F-1. Ken

JD 05-27-2011 12:49 AM

For Flathead Ted, re COE, I know of three 1942 in the South Island and two have been restored.

Tudortomnz 05-27-2011 02:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is one of the New Zealand '41/'42 COE's. Saw this one near Nelson about 12yrs ago. Believe it comes from Blenheim in the Sth Island.
There were a number of car & commercial imports during the War era that do not show up on Ford Canada export figures to NZ. They came in for govt. services & agricultural sector.

nathanmac 05-28-2011 06:32 AM

Bill Richardson also has one of those in his truck museum, but I havent' seen it in a long time. I read that it was imported by the Air Force.

For interests sake, anyone visiting the bottom half of New Zealand who is into trucks, NEEDS to visit that museum - some amazing trucks in there, including one of 3(?) remaining 1940 Dodge Airflow Texaco tankers. There's much more to Invercargill than Burt Munro!

ratamahata 05-28-2011 11:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Surfing in the web recently found a photo of a truck, I think is a ford 32ī the curiously of the photo is the inscription on the sides ( Holinger- Weidmann) (quesos y hielo) (Humboldt, provincia de Santa Fe). Why? because I live in the province Santa Fe near to the city of Humboldt. (Holinger- Weidmann) the company was selling cheese and ice. When they bought the truck, the company was send a picture and a negative of this truck to the magazine (mundo ford) with the hope that the manager of the magazine publicate the photo...
I never saw a body like this. I donīt know the truck was fabricate in USA or is a modify truck constructed in Argentina.

More Dust than Rust 05-28-2011 09:21 PM

My new toy. Just got it fired up this weekend after 25 years in a shed. Runs great just need to figure out what to do about the nasty fuel tank.

http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/v...DSCF0286-1.jpg

gerard van der vegt 05-29-2011 07:19 AM

Hello all, i am new here, great to see all these trucks.

I like to show mine, a 1937 1.5 ton model 79 truck, see the photo:
http://nn.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fil:For...truck_1937.jpg

Gerard from the Netherlands.

47COE 05-30-2011 12:18 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Hi Ted,

Finally got time to take some pictures in the cab of my truck. Other than new gauges to replace the old non-working gauges, I haven't done anything to the inside of the cab yet. That's another project.

Taking the entire engine cover off is not easy. So just have pictures of the passenger side panel removed. Have to take the passenger seat out to get it out. Didn't take the panel on the driver's side out, but the view is similar. You can see the 2 shift levers for the 2 transmissions.

Most engine work is done via one of the side access openings, or for the distributor, by lying on my back and reaching up to unbolt the distributor. Once loose, it takes some work to get it out past the 6 blade truck fan.

Tom

47COE 05-30-2011 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nathanmac (Post 215244)
For interests sake, anyone visiting the bottom half of New Zealand who is into trucks, NEEDS to visit that museum - some amazing trucks in there, including one of 3(?) remaining 1940 Dodge Airflow Texaco tankers. There's much more to Invercargill than Burt Munro!

I've spent several weeks in Invercargill but I thought someone told me the museum wasn't open to the public.

Even though I didn't see the museum, Invercargill is still one of my favorite places. And I really liked Queen's Park.

Tom

FlatheadTed 05-30-2011 12:46 AM

Great pictures Tom Thanks for taking the trouble to show us all .It looks like a real working Truck .I have fond memories of Invercargill ( Bert Munro Country ) We used to go old Ford hunting there ,