The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   2012 Florida "Barner's Bash" Dates (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52063)

Vic Piano 11-02-2011 11:12 AM

2012 Florida "Barner's Bash" Dates

We are looking at the weekend of March 16th -18th to coincide with the Billetproof show at Don Garlits Museum in Ocala. You can go to Billetproof.com for information on their event. Please note that the "Barner's Bash" is in no way affiliated with Billetproof and we will have separate and additional "Barner's Bash" only events on Friday and Sunday of that weekend. If you want to attend Billetproof, you must register on line or by mail. This date is not yet etched in stone for the "Barner's Bash" so we'd like to hear from those of you that plan to attend our event. Please feel free to suggest alternative dates. Thanks, Vic
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n...012/BPFL12.jpg

TomT/Williamsburg 11-02-2011 01:03 PM

Re: 2012 Florida "Barner's Bash" Dates

I'm all for it - sounds like a great weekend - Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I'll be there .....

Grandadeo 11-02-2011 01:04 PM

I think that's a great date Vic. Especially with the Billetproof "off campus" activities going on it should be a jam packed weekend of old Ford fun. They are again holding the Friday evening pre-party at the No Where Bar - nice ride there with lots of parking. Saturday night there will be a gathering at the local drive-in theater with old car movie(s).

My suggestions would be along the lines of maybe a driving tour on Friday and the picnic on Sunday similar to the last time you met in Ocala. I didn't make it that Sunday due to family commitments. I'm sure there is enough scenery and points of interest for a driving tour. Anybody know John Travolta? Maybe he'll open up his ranch for some old ford folks.

Something to remember - they expect Billetproof to fill up all the available space at Big Daddy's so pre-registration will be necessary to make sure you can get in the gate.

Lee

Vic Piano 11-02-2011 01:39 PM

Tom & Lee, the guys at Billetproof have been gracious enough to accommodate us (the Cigar City Flatheads CC) with, for lack of a better term, a reserved section that should be sufficient to hold all the "Barner's Blast" participants. Everyone joining us for the "Barner's Blast" will have to register with Billetproof (Billetproof.com) to be able to get into the show on Saturday, I recommend that you register quickly as space is limited. The only problem I have is scheduling our Barner events around the Billetproof show. I am not familiar with Ocala except to go to Garlits Museum. If there are any Barner's that know the area and can suggest "things to do" on Friday and Sunday, I'd appreciate the input. Vic

Steves46 11-02-2011 02:19 PM

Hi Vic. National Parts Depot has a warehouse in Ocala and from what I've heard, they will give tours of their facility. Also I read that there they house a 150 car collection as well. I will try to contact them for more details and report back. Steve

Vic Piano 11-02-2011 02:46 PM

Steve, that would be a blast. Let me know what you find out, thanks. Vic

JM 35 Sedan 11-02-2011 03:20 PM

Vic, if I can get my '35 coupe back together I would like to bring that down for a shakedown cruise. Are you thinking the whole weekend would center around the Ocala area? I like the idea of a tour especially in areas that I have not seen that much of.
Tom T and I could caravan down together from Williamsburg or Richmond area.
I did Billetproof in 2010 on my way home from the Barners Bash. Was a good show with a lot of interesting cars.
Maybe we can get our friends from the NE to come down as well.
By the time March 2012 gets here I will probably be ready to get away from the cold snowy north for some fun in the warm and sunny south :).

Vic Piano 11-02-2011 03:54 PM

John, that sounds like a plan to me. Steve is looking into the possibility of a tour on Friday of the National Parts Depot; I understand they have a large collection of cars on display as well. I'm really not too familiar with the Ocala area so I'll have to rely on a lot of help from Barner's that know the lay of the land so to speak. Hotels might also be a problem with the Billetproof group being just a bit larger than ours... We’ve got some time to try and work things out to everyone’s benefit, I hope. Vic

Walt Dupont--Me. 11-02-2011 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomT/Williamsburg (Post 299577)
I'm all for it - sounds like a great weekend - Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I'll be there .....

And Audrey has the biscuits on the table made from Mother's flour. Walt

Vic Piano 11-03-2011 06:09 AM

I registered yesterday, for the Billetproof show at Don Garlits on March 17th and the Cigar City Flatheads CC (host of the Florida "Barner's Bash") will have a designated parking area in the show. If you're planning to attend either or both events, I recommend registering for Billetproof as soon as possible as space is limited. Go to Billetproof.com to register. Keep checking here and on the ChevyBarn.com in the non-Chevy section for more info on the “Barner’s Bash” as it comes together.Vic

Vic Piano 11-03-2011 10:49 AM

Wow, things are moving fast and furious. Steve just confirmed that we will be given a tour of National Parts Depot and their 150+ car museum in Ocala on Friday the 16th.

JM 35 Sedan 11-03-2011 11:12 AM

Vic, I'm all signed up/registered for Billetproof 2012. I used "the Cigar City Flathead's CC" as the name of my club. It's $30.00 to register now but I believe it was $50.00 in 2010 at the Gainesville Fairgrounds to register on the day of the show. They had lots more room there then they will have at Garlits Museum, so I'm thinking there will likely be no registering on the day of the show.

FL&WVMIKE 11-03-2011 11:13 AM

I have been to the National Parts Depot collection. There are, truly, some amazing cars there !
At one time, the owner specialized in low mileage cars. There are many with less than a dozen miles on them.
MIKE :)

Vic Piano 11-03-2011 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan (Post 300109)
Vic, I'm all signed up/registered for Billetproof 2012. I used "the Cigar City Flathead's CC" as the name of my club. It's $30.00 to register now but I believe it was $50.00 in 2010 at the Gainesville Fairgrounds to register on the day of the show. They had lots more room there then they will have at Garlits Museum, so I'm thinking there will likely be no registering on the day of the show.

John, I registered yesterday. Anyone that wants to attend the Billetproof show (with a car) needs to register as early as possible. All the guys attending the "Barner's Bash" are welcome to use the Cigar City Flatheads as their car club affiliation. Vic

Pete Fl/Wi 11-03-2011 08:43 PM

Vic, I am registered for Billitproof. Planning to bring my 40 Panel. I have it in Florida and should have it finished for the show. Looking forward to seeing you and the guys.
Pete
http://i635.photobucket.com/albums/u...h/DSC00724.jpg

Vic Piano 11-04-2011 07:44 AM

Excellent Pete, the '40 sure is looking good! Vic

TomT/Williamsburg 11-04-2011 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walt Dupont--Me. (Post 299711)
And Audrey has the biscuits on the table made from Mother's flour. Walt

Walt, when I moved to Virginia in '95, the expression "Lord willing and the creek don't rise" was used by many and I now use it as well since I've heard it so much.

So, is the "and Audrey ...." the second part of that expression/phrase???

BTW, I'm now registered for Billetproof ....

JM 35 Sedan 11-04-2011 09:38 AM

Pete, it looks like you have done a nice job on that 40 panel. Vic may need you to haul some Wooden Indian's back to his place if he buys any at the Billetproof show ;)

Vic Piano 11-04-2011 01:44 PM

John, here's a photo of the wooden Indian I got at the Moonshine Festival in 2007. He rode home in the back of my '53 F-100 Panel but I'm sure he'd like a ride in Pete's '40, so would I:D. Vic
http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n...2012/Tonto.jpg

Rich/Alabama 11-04-2011 04:47 PM

Vic, I registered and came back to find the NPD tour! Guess I better ask about where people are staying before making a reservation; will there be an attempt to all stay at the same motel?

Rich