The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Finally made Chief of Police (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103048)

bobpo 04-11-2013 07:00 AM

Finally made Chief of Police

1 Attachment(s)
This was the only way I could achieve this rank. I made some Magnetic Signs for "Miss Tillie" and will use them in parades and shows only, as they can scratch the finish if left on for any time. It is also a good idea to wax the back of the magnetic material and ALWAYS clean the door first.

I just wonder if a 1930 Chief of Police would have had Whitewalls? I don't think so as our country was in the midst of the Great Depression. But this is a "Fun Car" anyway, 83 years later. :p

Franchise_24 04-11-2013 07:24 AM

Re: Finally made Chief of Police

Looks awesome. I'll have to be careful whenever I'm driving through Toledo :-)

luckyal 04-11-2013 07:31 AM

My question is why did you want to be chief of police. Why not Henry Ford ?
Al

Mitch//pa 04-11-2013 08:11 AM

very nice do you have a police head on the motor?

bobpo 04-11-2013 08:17 AM

To Luckyal, I already was Henry, and to Mitch, no it's all make-believe. These days that's about all that works.....HaHa.

Sure does get the Gawks... And lot's of questions. Usually from the youngsters; "How Fast Will It Go?" I tell them it will go 60 mph in 15 minutes.............(on a good day with a tail wind)

WTSHNN 04-11-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobpo (Post 630202)
I just wonder if a 1930 Chief of Police would have had Whitewalls? I don't think so as our country was in the midst of the Great Depression. But this is a "Fun Car" anyway, 83 years later. :p

I have about a hundred era pictures of Model A Police Cars and out of all of them only ONE has white walls. The picture with the whitewalls is a row of about twenty '31 Tudors and just one of them has the double-sided white walls. Oddly enough, the same car also has a Quail and the others don't so maybe it was the Chief's car...

-Tim

QGolden 04-11-2013 08:36 AM

Very cool, If it was going to be a permanent display, a hand crank siren would be cool. I had one when I was a kid that I had pulled off of the fender of old Ambulance that had been converted from a Hearse. Used to drive the neighborhood dogs nuts! Not to mention my folks.

luckyal 04-11-2013 08:43 AM

I say you are having fun and that is what it is all about ! Enjoy my friend, enjoy !
Al

bobpo 04-11-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QGolden (Post 630249)
Very cool, If it was going to be a permanent display, a hand crank siren would be cool. I had one when I was a kid that I had pulled off of the fender of old Ambulance that had been converted from a Hearse. Used to drive the neighborhood dogs nuts! Not to mention my folks.

You know, I thought about a Hand Cranker, but even a little one for shows would be fun. I have a Car Show coming up in which I will be giving rides in the Rumble Seat to little kids that would like to ride in an Ol' Jalopy.

I'm also going to color the Cowl Lights Red for show. :D

QGolden 04-11-2013 11:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I wish I still had mine, long lost along with the rest of my youth...

You could make a magnetic sign for your visor too for a frontal effect.

This is an internet photo, I have no additional knowledge of it.

Lebowski 04-11-2013 01:55 PM

Barney Fife never made it to Chief either so don't feel bad. :eek: Your car looks great....

bobpo 04-11-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QGolden (Post 630372)
I wish I still had mine, long lost along with the rest of my youth...

You could make a magnetic sign for your visor too for a frontal effect.

This is an internet photo, I have no additional knowledge of it.

I really like the visor idea. Maybe I'll try it.. :rolleyes: