The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Shout out to Kube and 35fordtn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=287177)

meric42 09-13-2020 06:10 PM

Shout out to Kube and 35fordtn

2 Attachment(s)
Those of you that have seen my posts may have noticed that for quite some time I have been searching for the illusive unobtainium i.e. an 01A-1453 spare hold-down bracket for each of my two '42 Sedan delivery's.

Early Saturday morning (New Zealand time) I woke and checked my phone to find a PM (via the Ford Barn) from Kube, as well as an email from eBay, alerting me to a recent listing (by Michael Driskel) of a NOS piece of the aforementioned unobtainium. I hit the buy now option without hesitation. :)

I would like to publicly thank both Kube for remembering my search and Michael for listing the item at what I can only describe as a very fair and reasonable price.

Below are pictures of the NOS part from Michael and my attempt at a copy based on photos I found, using a reproduction convertible part as a start point. :)

RKS.PA 09-13-2020 07:16 PM

Re: Shout out to Kube and 35fordtn

Mike (Kube) , Michael, and The Ford Barn Rule!!:):)

35fordtn 09-13-2020 07:32 PM

Meric,
I’m glad mike caught your need! As I must have missed it as We’ve had that bracket for quite sometime. It’s always nice seeing needed parts find way to a good home.

VeryTangled 09-13-2020 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 35fordtn (Post 1931235)
It’s always nice seeing needed parts find way to a good home.

Michael, Jane and Company are the kind of folks who smile when the connection between have and need are completed.

Kube is a great person, spouse, and asset to those on the hunt for unobtanium like '42 SD essentials.

mercman from oz 09-14-2020 04:16 AM

https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/attac...p;d=1600038089
That is one very different part. Glad that you finally found one of these elusive spare wheel hold down brackets.

Kube 09-14-2020 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meric42 (Post 1931204)
Those of you that have seen my posts may have noticed that for quite some time I have been searching for the illusive unobtainium i.e. an 01A-1453 spare hold-down bracket for each of my two '42 Sedan delivery's.

Early Saturday morning (New Zealand time) I woke and checked my phone to find a PM (via the Ford Barn) from Kube, as well as an email from eBay, alerting me to a recent listing (by Michael Driskel) of a NOS piece of the aforementioned unobtainium. I hit the buy now option without hesitation. :)

I would like to publicly thank both Kube for remembering my search and Michael for listing the item at what I can only describe as a very fair and reasonable price.

Below are pictures of the NOS part from Michael and my attempt at a copy based on photos I found, using a reproduction convertible part as a start point. :)

Very kind of you but certainly not necessary to thank me. Lord knows the countless amount of time I've searched for some elusive part. It's quite rewarding to match a part with a good guy (you) that needs it.
I've long had a special place for you guys in new Zealand and Australia. I can only imagine how difficult it is to restore a car in your countries.
So, what else ya need? :)

Scott52 09-18-2020 08:17 AM

Don't forget, the thrill of the chase is half the fun. I love going to swap meets. But when the vehicle is done and I don't need anything, walking around the meet just isn't the same. I now have a list of spares I don't really need but gives me something to look for. I haven't been to a swap meet since I got the 52 Ford earlier this year. Ebay has been my swap meet. Can't wait to go again without the nagging feeling that it's not safe enough.