The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dan Baron\'s Model-A Truck (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8324)

Ryan 07-19-2010 02:46 PM

Dan Baron\'s Model-A Truck

https://www.fordbarn.com/wp-content/u...0/07/truck.jpg

I was cruising Dan's photo galleries and came across the above closed cab '31. I fell in love instantly. It's the usability that gets me... I can just see myself cruising this t... To read the rest of this blog entry from The Ford Barn, click here.

1931 flamingo 07-19-2010 02:57 PM

Re: Dan Baron\'s Model-A Truck

Ryan, It's nice to see you on the site and I think the transition has gone remarkably well. Thanks
Paul in CT Nice truck

JunkOSC 07-19-2010 03:14 PM

Home Depot Hauler.

Ryan 07-19-2010 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1931 flamingo (Post 47373)
Ryan, It's nice to see you on the site and I think the transition has gone remarkably well. Thanks
Paul in CT Nice truck

Thanks man... I'm on the site everyday... :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JunkOSC (Post 47376)
Home Depot Hauler.

Totally!

flatford39 07-19-2010 05:46 PM

Some real creativity with the pvc breather pipe. Also what kind of battery is that???

JimOH 07-19-2010 06:46 PM

Wow! Dan's old truck just reaps of fun. I'm jealous. I had a '36 truck done up simular to this one years back. This makes me wonder why I ever got rid of it. Jim

burnin53 07-19-2010 08:28 PM

It may sound hokey,but every time I see a truck like this,I remember being a little kid,sittin' in front of the tv,watching the Walton's.Good memories.

SUHRsc 07-19-2010 08:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh man... I'm on a similar vein lately... who knows if i'll finish it ....but... a USE-able truck has been on my mind for a few weeks now... and caused a lightening of my wallet lately buying what pieces I was missing from a collecting craze a few years back...

Still more to go... thanks for the inspiration Ryan and Dan

retro54 07-19-2010 08:49 PM

I was wondering how long it would take you to find this Zach... thanks Ryan and Dan

vtwinsideways 07-20-2010 03:16 PM

I'm about to go hop in my '31 and go get a haircut. Too bad I haven't managed to get the bed on it yet. Oh well, Summer is for driving, winter is for fixing! Luke

vtwinsideways 07-20-2010 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flatford39 (Post 47449)
Some real creativity with the pvc breather pipe. Also what kind of battery is that???

Looks like an Optima (or similar) dry-cell 6v battery. Pricey, but they last and can be mounted in any position.

Model A Speedster 07-20-2010 07:33 PM

Neat truck! Where do you get a gas cap with a spigot? Is that for venting excess gas? BP should have had one of those in the Gulf. :rolleyes:

Bill in Al 07-20-2010 08:15 PM

Has it got true eyebrow fenders from early '30? I can't tell. A fun truck for sure!

Roadster62 07-21-2010 12:31 AM

My first question, too. Nice truck!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill in Al (Post 48121)
Has it got true eyebrow fenders from early '30? I can't tell. A fun truck for sure!

Dan Baron 07-26-2010 10:54 AM

Sorry about not getting back. I've been away. So to answer all the questions, As a matter of fact this was a Home Depot hauler. I used it all the time to do that. This was definitely a working truck. You should have seen the look on the guy's face when I brought it to the scrap yard to drop off a 1.5 ton boiler. Before I rebuilt the engine there was allot of oil blowing back so I needed a quick fix and PVC piping looked to be the quickest. That was an Optima 6 volt battery. It fit nicely under there. Those aren't eyebrow fenders, they not even metal. I just wanted the look of an eyebrow fender. The faucet is just my trademark. Everyone knows it's me when they see that on a Model A at the shows. I have them on all my model A's. It gets people to talk at all the shows. I sure wish I still had this truck. Actually I'm looking for another one. So if anybody out there is willing to trade a nice 30-31 truck for a nice 30 coupe please let me know.

Rainmaker Ron 07-26-2010 11:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan (Post 47366)
https://www.fordbarn.com/wp-content/u...0/07/truck.jpg

I was cruising Dan's photo galleries and came across the above closed cab '31. I fell in love instantly. It's the usability that gets me... I can just see myself cruising this t... To read the rest of this blog entry from The Ford Barn, click here.

I built this one about 10 years ago. The running gear is restored, new tires, fresh engine and very reliable. The sheet metal is as found. Has completed a 1200 mile tour and turns heads where ever it goes.

Rainmaker Ron

Dan Baron 07-26-2010 11:15 AM

I love your truck, If your interested in a trade let me know.