The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   My FIRST Phone call to Burt's in Colorado (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=296974)

Roadster62 04-07-2021 07:07 PM

My FIRST Phone call to Burt's in Colorado

Could I ask for some tips, as to the best time to call Bert's in Colorado? It should be a yes, no, answer once someone picks up the phone, but it is always busy, it that normal? Thank you.

Bob

Big hammer 04-07-2021 07:36 PM

Re: My FIRST Phone call to Burt's in Colorado

Try an e-mail and ask your question, or e-mail them to call you, ask here for Steve he post here sometimes.

chrs1961815 04-07-2021 07:36 PM

Yes it is always busy - seems there is always someone on the line calling and holding the phones up so you might have to call back.

Dean Lemoine 04-07-2021 07:37 PM

I think they’re closed Mondays, so Tuesday wouldn’t be a good day to call since they’re pretty busy. Email usually works well. I’ve always been very satisfied with their service, help, advice and parts.

Tacoma Bob 04-07-2021 08:04 PM

I tried several time today and gave up. Have never had an issue before. I like phone in orders best as you never know if certain items are back ordered. I will try again tomorrow. They are still my preferred "cat house" LOL

Bill G 04-07-2021 08:09 PM

They're a pretty busy shop, and I think there are only two that answer the phones. They are top notch and very knowledgeable so keep trying. Steve told me business has been booming with COVID because more people are home and work on their cars. Avoid Tuesdays and avoid mornings. They have on-line ordering, but I usually order by phone because I can ask them questions.

Roadster62 04-07-2021 08:41 PM

Will they sell parts that ARE NOT for NATIONAL COMPETION, just a hobby car?

McMimmcs 04-07-2021 08:45 PM

If it can be answered with a yes or no, for both your sakes send an email. Cut down on time wasted.

WTSHNN 04-07-2021 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadster62 (Post 2004900)

Yes.

You could also email them and ask them to call you when they are free.

whirnot 04-07-2021 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadster62 (Post 2004900)

They have all the parts available. New and used. They are closed Monday and as mentioned Tuesdays are a Zoo.

I usually call in the afternoon without issues. try both numbers

31Cabriolet68-C 04-08-2021 12:49 AM

Actually, it's great to know that the vendors are really busy, not just 'Ghosting ', or worse!!!
So it's reassuring, in a way, that I've been getting so many busy signals at one of my go-to suppliers for the last several days now...
Also, I'm glad to say that the folks at Sacramento Vintage are great!
As the song say, "People like you, who will answer the telephone!!!!!!"
My wiring is on the way thanks to Ron and Lynn at S/V/F. Great Ford fans!
So, I'm hopeful we can all Hit the Road, Jack! Really soon
Hope to see everyone back at Beardsley's Apple Orchard next month
Stay Safe.
Give Thanks!
JB

Roadster62 04-08-2021 01:06 AM

Thanks for the Beardsley' Apple Orchard reminder! Better get some stuff together. Bob

Ernie Vitucci 04-08-2021 01:35 PM

Good afternoon...You might also try Arizona Model A. It's a local shop that has been around for years...lots of stock...quick shipping...Sammy Guthrie has damn near 40 years experience...good sized bone yard as well...480-782-0266. John Charlton hangs out there when he is in Arizona...when it is too damn cold in England...at least most years. Ernie in Arizona

Roadster62 04-08-2021 02:53 PM

Finally called at the right time! Hope the boneyard has what I need. Interesting that they are buying up estates of Model A Parts once the owners pass on and the family has no interest in the stuff. Bob

McMimmcs 04-08-2021 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadster62 (Post 2005111)
Finally called at the right time! Hope the boneyard has what I need. Interesting that they are buying up estates of Model A Parts once the owners pass on and the family has no interest in the stuff. Bob

More than interesting. A very prudent business decision to help our community and bring customers and cash to their enterprise.

Jeff/Illinois 04-08-2021 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadster62 (Post 2005111)
............... Interesting that they are buying up estates of Model A Parts once the owners pass on and the family has no interest in the stuff. Bob ......................

I'm glad to hear this. It's better for everyone than just hauling the stuff to the junk yard.

Oldbluoval 04-08-2021 03:52 PM

Yes! Berts is a true asset to the hobby in many ways!
Steve also focuses on quality in repo parts. He often contracts to have quality items made.
I talk to him often and seldom have trouble getting in. I usually call in the afternoon (for me EDT)

DickCrabtree 04-08-2021 07:30 PM

I have never experience anything but first class service from Steve Becker and his crew at Bert's. I can honestly say I always get through on the phone and it is usually Steve that answers. Have questions? He has the answers or will get them. I usually call on weekdays rather than weekends which may make a difference. Don't give up on them!

denis4x4 04-08-2021 07:45 PM

Did anybody consider that the stimulus money may be driving a jump in business at places like Bert’s over the past couple of weeks?

GeneBob 04-08-2021 09:32 PM

Steve has changed to being closed on Saturdays so be aware if you are trying to get a hold of them. They are pretty swamped on Tuesdays since they are trying to get the orders out that came in over the weekend. Good supplier and very good people.