The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   UPDATE - 61st Annual OCMAFC Pancake Breakfast (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=337325)

BruceM 04-01-2024 10:53 PM

UPDATE - 61st Annual OCMAFC Pancake Breakfast

2 Attachment(s)
Edit: The OCMAFC Pancake Breakfast, Orange County, California is Rain or Shine this Sunday, April 14. We hope to see you there and also to see a little bit of sunshine! Lots & lots of raffle items and a great breakfast.

A reminder that the OCMAFC Pancake Breakfast is April 14, 2024 at Hart Park, Orange, California. We will be serving breakfast starting at 7:30am.

We have an IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING PARKING ENTRANCE!

For HART Park, normal entrance ramps off Glassell will be closed. Cars will be entering Hart Park via LaVeta Ave to Shaffer St. We have been working with the city and police to address traffic and safety issues. East River Road residential street entrance will also be Closed.

For modern cars, we have secured additional parking across Glassell at the Holy Family Catholic Church (566 S. Glassell St, Orange). Please consider using this lot. Enter off LaVeta, continue thru extended parking lot. We have permission to use these lots, park towards the rear as church services will be ongoing. There is a crosswalk in front of the church at East River.
See attached map. We will park in the usual layout. An additional benefit from this, is that traffic thru the area where people are walking and enjoying the Model A's will be less.

Thank you everyone for your cooperation.

Parking map is included below. See www.ocmafc.com for our flyer.

Y-Blockhead 04-02-2024 06:30 PM

Re: UPDATE - 61st Annual OCMAFC Pancake Breakfast

Bruce, thanks for the update. The Harbor Area MARC are planning on a caravan of ~10 cars plus a couple of moderns. It is good to know of the change before we get there so I can change my map.

Looking forward to one of our favorite events.

ModelA29 04-02-2024 07:04 PM

Will there be handicap parking for moderns at the park?

BruceM 04-02-2024 09:44 PM

There is really no dedicated handicap parking at this park. I believe there are three handicap spots on Glassell. If you let a parking attendant know they will try to help (drop off likely). Otherwise parking will be first come, first served.

The Master Cylinder 04-02-2024 10:38 PM

Bruce, just curious. What is the reason for the normal entrance ramps closier? See ya there.

1oldtimer 04-12-2024 12:50 AM

Can't wait.......I'll be there in my modern ('56).

Neil Mylar LakewoodCA 04-12-2024 09:22 PM

I'm driving my 1929 Briggs body truck, rain or shine.
I've been checking the weather report. It's been fluctuating all week.

Y-Blockhead 04-13-2024 12:10 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I am hoping it does not rain, the parking lot turns into a riverbed, which it is designed for, but not much fun in a Model A.

https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/attac...2&d=1712984902

All the Model As down the center could be parked in the "river" seen in photo #1.
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...513258dd_z.jpg

Neil Mylar LakewoodCA 04-14-2024 08:23 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Had a great time at the Model A Orange County pancake breakfast today. Potential rain meant less cars, but the rain held off. I drove my truck. My wife, children, and grandchildren met me there.
I'll try to post some pictures.

Neil Mylar LakewoodCA 04-14-2024 08:26 PM

3 Attachment(s)
More pictures

Neil Mylar LakewoodCA 04-14-2024 08:37 PM

3 Attachment(s)
More

Ray in La Mesa 04-14-2024 10:35 PM

The river is not directly dependent on the rainshowers. It is the release channel for a dam upstream when the lake behind it gets too full & the timing is determined by the water district. It is out of control of the Orange County Model A Club.

1oldtimer 04-15-2024 12:26 AM

2 Attachment(s)
It was a great day.

Y-Blockhead 04-15-2024 01:38 AM

There is a short video on the YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_usw7ZV6ls&t=277s

California Travieso 04-15-2024 03:44 PM

Great video but too short. I like the pre-war pickups, A panel trucks and even 1940’s Ford coupe’s. They should have edited out the Chevys and other GM cars!

I’m disappointed that they allow so many modern cars to park so near the Model A’s. The flyer and the information posted above made it seem that modern cars would have to park across the street. In previous years they allowed me to drop my wife off with her walker by the stairs and I went to park with other modern cars.

Maybe next year if I’m still around.

David Serrano

Brentwood Bob 04-16-2024 01:00 PM

Bucket list for me.

Y-Blockhead 04-16-2024 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by California Travieso (Post 2304853)
I’m disappointed that they allow so many modern cars to park so near the Model A’s. The flyer and the information posted above made it seem that modern cars would have to park across the street. In previous years they allowed me to drop my wife off with her walker by the stairs and I went to park with other modern cars.

Maybe next year if I’m still around.

David Serrano

I agree. It is so much nicer to see and take pictures when just the Model As are parked together.

FYI, there is also a drop-off on Glassell so she doesn't have to navigate the stairs if that is a issue.

lrf 04-17-2024 12:36 AM

Neil, Your truck was one of the stand-outs at the OCPCB. I looked it over cuz I've never seen that truck body style, who was the body maker? Also did you see the all original Fordor parked next to you? 83000 miles, xlnt interior, but $25000! I go to this show to see the unusual. LRF

California Travieso 04-19-2024 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Y-Blockhead (Post 2305100)
I agree. It is so much nicer to see and take pictures when just the Model As are parked together.

FYI, there is also a drop-off on Glassell so she doesn't have to navigate the stairs if that is a issue.

Thanks for the information, Y, I’ll keep it in mind for next year.

David Serrano