The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Late V8 (1954+) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   It followed me home (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=205395)

katy 09-24-2016 10:03 AM

It followed me home

'65 1 ton, 352, 4 speed, PTO and hoist.
Getting it on the trailer was the easy part, just pushed it w/the bucket on a tractor, now have to figure out how to get it off.

dmsfrr 09-24-2016 10:25 AM

Re: It followed me home

Unhook it from the trailer and take off fast.

If we can't see pictures it doesn't count.

katy 09-24-2016 10:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I posted a pic and it showed in the preview. I'll try again.

dmsfrr 09-24-2016 11:26 AM

It looks to be in pretty decent shape.
What's your plan for it?

katy 09-24-2016 08:02 PM

Haven't come up w/one yet, I was basically saving it from the scrap yard.

Daves55Sedan 09-24-2016 11:25 PM

Easier to get off the trailer than to get on it. Don't need a tractor. Just hook a cheap come-along between a tree trunk and the rear axle of the truck. You can either simply drive the trailer out from under the truck or you can slowly pull the truck off the trailer using the come-along provided you have a second man sitting in the truck to apply the brake as she begins to roll down the ramps.

raceron1120 09-25-2016 05:48 AM

Looks like a fairly decent truck for its age. I'm guessing the issues with it are driveline related. Parts for those beasts shouldn't be hard to find. If original, it probably has a 352 in it, and a NP 435 transmission, very typical for F350s from that timeframe. If you want to flip it I think there is a market for them. I've seen a few trucks of that general age & size being used in my area for parade vehicles or in displays for farm markets, etc. Good that you saved it from going to China as scrap!

bobss396 09-25-2016 06:52 AM

That is a lot of truck... loving the brush guard up front.

Ole Don 09-25-2016 10:00 AM

The cab looks choice, the grille guard is neat too.

katy 09-25-2016 10:14 AM

Quote:

Easier to get off the trailer than to get on it. Don't need a tractor. Just hook a cheap come-along between a tree trunk and the rear axle of the truck. You can either simply drive the trailer out from under the truck or you can slowly pull the truck off the trailer using the come-along provided you have a second man sitting in the truck to apply the brake as she begins to roll down the ramps.
That's sorta what I did. The brakes are non-functional. Used a come along at the back and an electric reversible winch at the front to control the roll back.
Now just have to reorganize the vehicles in the shop so I can squeeze it in. It's gonna be inside for the first time in at least 15 years. It'll sit there until I get a chance to work on it.

Quote:

If original, it probably has a 352 in it, and a NP 435 transmission, very typical for F350s from that timeframe.
That's exactly what's in it. FWIW, I have a '65 factory shop manual that I bought in '65 when I bought a new F100.

Quote:

If you want to flip it I think there is a market for them.
Haven't decided yet what I'm going to do w/it.

paul2748 09-27-2016 10:51 PM

Doesn't seem like a big deal to get it off, assuming you have ramps. Just roll it off.

katy 09-28-2016 09:37 AM

Quote:

Doesn't seem like a big deal to get it off, assuming you have ramps. Just roll it off.
That's easy enough when one has helpers, but working alone is a different kettle of fish.

PS, suggest that you re-read post #10.