The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Hand crank tool storage? (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99578)

Weaponsusmc 03-05-2013 10:45 PM

Hand crank tool storage?

I have a 30' coupe, where does this tool get stored on the car? Is there suposed to be a bracket somewhere or under the seat? I am stumped.

Gary WA 03-05-2013 10:52 PM

Re: Hand crank tool storage?

under the seat or in the rumble seat/trunk area.

Ron Lowe 03-06-2013 08:08 AM

Under the seat. I keep my tools, extra parts, gallon of water, tow strap, shop rags, gloves, etc..

newshirt 03-06-2013 08:14 AM

I keep mine on the package tray behind the seat. Everything else is in the rumble seat, which I have to clean out to give rides.

Semper Fi!

Special Coupe Frank 03-06-2013 08:19 AM

Crank and hand-tools live under the front seat... you can fold an old blanket or quilt under there to keep things for rattling against the seat pan.

Kurt in NJ 03-06-2013 08:31 AM

I keep mine on the package shelf most of the time for easy acess, when I get gas I have handed it to the attendant and said it was customary for him to start the engine.

I have wondered how the jack, jack handle,crank/lugwrench were "packaged" from the factory,there is alot of space under the seat of a coupe, the jack etc. would have alot of room to wander and jump, we know about the pouch for the small tools, I have kept the crank under the seat sometimes, that space is so full that nothing rattles, the crank and grease gun would be on top, the other things are spare parts, and the rest of the tool kit, most of the spare parts are there so I won't need them.

Weaponsusmc 03-06-2013 09:19 AM

Thanks for the reply's everyone.

P.S. 03-06-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurt in NJ (Post 605572)
.. when I get gas I have handed it to the attendant and said it was customary for him to start the engine.

Bwahahahaa!! That's a good one!

Out here, there's no such thing as full serve anymore, so probably won't get the opportunity to try it. But sure would like to.

CarlG 03-06-2013 02:58 PM

In my PU, I have a "trunk" inside the bed that holds way too much stuff.

I would wonder about storing it on the package tray of a coupe. Logic would tell me that in a "panic stop" situation that it would come forward and wack you on the head.

BILL WILLIAMSON 03-06-2013 03:24 PM

My mother in law was a "CRANK"! I'd put her in the "GRUMBLE" seat. Bill W.

juke joint johnny 03-06-2013 03:39 PM

Bill !!!
So that's why Some people call it a " Mother in Law seat"

I bet you Don't bother with the Roll Down Rear Window either!!!!

John Cochran

Fred K-OR 03-06-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P.S. (Post 605712)
Bwahahahaa!! That's a good one!

Out here, there's no such thing as full serve anymore, so probably won't get the opportunity to try it. But sure would like to.

Just have to be in the good state "out here"! (That excludes Portland)

BILL WILLIAMSON 03-07-2013 01:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by juke joint johnny (Post 605805)
Bill !!!
So that's why Some people call it a " Mother in Law seat"

I bet you Don't bother with the Roll Down Rear Window either!!!!

John Cochran

No, Brother John, I'm just a "COMMONER":( with a plain old, run of the mill, Standard coupe, with NO "FLOW THROUGH" ventilation. BUT! it has a like new rear window shade! Thought about upgrading to a Model J Duesenberg, but alas, carriage house was too small, WAH! Bill W.