The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Late V8 (1954+) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Posting in wrong area. (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6226)

parklane 06-26-2010 09:50 PM

Posting in wrong area.

Maybe someone can answer this question. Am I the only person on here that gets ticked when wanted and for sale posts are put in this area?? Are there some that can't read? :confused::confused:
Sorry for ranting, but I can't understand this. :rolleyes:

Old Redneck 06-27-2010 04:57 AM

Re: Posting in wrong area.

What the problem? Some of us are old and can't remember what day it is.I even forget my wife's name so I call her honey.It all works out in the end I guess.:D

Merlin 06-27-2010 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redneck (Post 34986)
I even forget my wife's name so I call her honey.It all works out in the end I guess.:D

Until she finds out you forgot.:eek:

Parklane I know what your saying, The forum start page has the "For Sale" forum just below this one. How can ya miss it.:rolleyes:

firefirefire90 06-27-2010 06:24 AM

aren't there moderators on the site who move those postings from the one section to another?

Merlin 06-27-2010 06:27 AM

There are and hopefully they'll get moved, Right now there are two FS and one wanted threads here.

chopnchaneled 06-27-2010 07:58 AM

Maybe you should take a deep breath and calm down, it's not the end of the world, some folks are still learning their way around it will get better.
not everyone is perfect.

28RPU 06-27-2010 10:15 AM

It doesn't really bother me.It will take time for some of the old forum users to get used to the new format.Just don't read the post if you aren't interested in it.Now if it gets to where the ads clog up the forum,then it will be aggravating.

hotrodart 06-27-2010 10:31 AM

Whatever happened to the old saying "Patience is a virtue"?? For those who never make mistakes, please have patience with the rest of us humans with faults......

Frank The Plumber 06-27-2010 12:02 PM

Why would you put a moderator on this, there arent many things going on....its so sleepy.

Steves46 06-27-2010 01:06 PM

It's very sleepy in this forum.....wish someone could give me some technical guidance on my question about heater shut-off valves rather than even waste time on such a trivial issue like this. My apologies for venting!

Retro Jim 07-04-2010 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steves46 (Post 35218)
It's very sleepy in this forum.....wish someone could give me some technical guidance on my question about heater shut-off valves rather than even waste time on such a trivial issue like this. My apologies for venting!

Nothing is trivial when it comes to fixing your car/truck !
What's wrong ???

Jim

Retro Jim 07-04-2010 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parklane (Post 34917)
Maybe someone can answer this question. Am I the only person on here that gets ticked when wanted and for sale posts are put in this area?? Are there some that can't read? :confused::confused:
Sorry for ranting, but I can't understand this. :rolleyes:

Yes I know what you mean and understand that one too . Really this forum is set up different than the HAMB but it all comes down to people being too lazy to read the instructions that has been made by the moderators ! The same thing happens on the HAMB too . It's just the way some people are . They are way to lazy to read all the instruction to find out the correct way of doing something the right way the first time !
I don't really get bent over that stuff anymore ! I usually tell them " Wrong place to post this " .
Life is too short !

Jim

raceron1120 07-04-2010 02:52 PM

Yup, but in all our years (many of us anyway), we realize not everyone does what they're supposed to.

I'm more into content rather than format, that is - read what is said, and not so much how it's said. Had a colonel told us once - rules and regulations are for guidance, if it isn't illegal or immoral, go for it. But that's no excuse for ignorance either.

'Course, posting in accordance with the rules is always best & would sure make thing easier if everyone did. I noticed that often on the HAMB some moderators would move misplaced ads to the appropriate sections; perhaps they will begin doing it here too.

I bet nobody ever did wrenching without reading the instructions, or cheated the flat rate book either, eh?? :rolleyes: :) :)

FL&WVMIKE 07-04-2010 07:26 PM

In my old age, I have learned to "not sweat the petty things". Stress is a killer. Just be cool, you will live longer.
MIKE :)

vintageman 07-05-2010 12:14 PM

Who cares as long as it's posted in english.

George/Maine 07-05-2010 01:17 PM

When selling you want people to see it.Made ya look and thats it. get it now.

FlatheadTed 07-05-2010 03:54 PM

4 saywel firdy nine back axwell fits troodor only
Quote:

Originally Posted by vintageman (Post 39452)
Who cares as long as it's posted in english.