The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Ok Ok Guys >>>>>>Come clean!!!! (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129664)

BILL WZOREK 01-25-2014 08:51 AM

Ok Ok Guys >>>>>>Come clean!!!!

I know one of you are trying to be funny but it AIN'T FUNNY...........:mad:
I was working on a 36 front shock got it all cleaned except the cover went to reach for the cover to clean it and it is not there, Just spent 1Hr. looking and My Garage is not that BIG. :eek:
I am going to sit in front of the computer for 5 more minutes, if you put it back we can all laugh :D and then go on with our day :rolleyes:

TagMan 01-25-2014 09:03 AM

Re: Ok Ok Guys >>>>>>Come clean!!!!

I spend half of every day in the shop chasing the gremlins that hide parts & tools. After looking for an hour or so for them, all of a sudden they appear in plain sight! It seems the older I get, the more gremlins there are and the busier they get.

Old Henry 01-25-2014 09:11 AM

That's when I call my wife out to the garage and tell her what I'm looking for that I'm sure I have looked at and not seen. Most often she looks around for a second and says, "You mean this thing right here?" "Yes, Thanks, Hon.":o

DavidG 01-25-2014 09:16 AM

The more room you have, the longer the hunt drags on.

Cecil/WV 01-25-2014 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Henry (Post 810585)
That's when I call my wife out to the garage and tell her what I'm looking for that I'm sure I have looked at and not seen. Most often she looks around for a second and says, "You mean this thing right here?" "Yes, Thanks, Hon.":o

That's how it is at my house.

BILL WZOREK 01-25-2014 09:22 AM

This Barn is the greatest / I asked and sure enough I went back Spent 1.25 Minutes
Looking & there it was BUT Just to make sure I keep looking for 12 more Minutes.

THANKS GUYS.

41 Fords ohio 01-25-2014 09:33 AM

I lost my mind once and still can't find it.

jimTN 01-25-2014 09:36 AM

Just look for something else and you will find it!

terry 01-25-2014 09:41 AM

Face piles of trials with smiles...it riles them to believe that you perceive the ending. I think the Moody Blues said that. Terry

buddridge 01-25-2014 11:26 AM

Originally I suffered from CRS( can't remember s..t), but now my condition has worsened to CRAFT( can't remember a f.....g thing). All hope is lost.

2935ford 01-25-2014 11:37 AM

x2 exactly what I do. Works every time...try it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Henry (Post 810585)

keith oh 01-25-2014 11:42 AM

What was the problem ????

jimvette59 01-25-2014 12:20 PM

Can' remember why I was reading this.

Joe Immler 01-25-2014 12:42 PM

My CRS Syndrome (can't remember s***) is really getting bad. I have dozens of sticky notes that I use to remind me of things to do. In the garage I find that CRS leads to LTS, Lost Tool Syndrome.

51 MERC-CT 01-25-2014 01:06 PM

Along with CRS and LTS, I have DSP (drop small parts) syndrome. To help that, I am thinking of installing a funnel shaped floor in my work area so that everything that I drop goes to one place and I don't loose stuff any more.

Old Henry 01-25-2014 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 51 MERC-CT (Post 810721)
Along with CRS and LTS, I have DSP (drop small parts) syndrome. To help that, I am thinking of installing a funnel shaped floor in my work area so that everything that I drop goes to one place and I don't loose stuff any more.

That would only work for things that make it to the floor.
Just Monday a nut fell off of my fender into the engine compartment. I wasn't sure whether it hit the floor but started looking there. Ended up removing both cars totally from the garage and searching the entire floor looking for it. Decided it didn't make it to the floor. Looked everywhere I could see from above then climbed under and felt every horizontal surface that I could reach trying to find where it was caught. Finally called my son out to see if he could find it. He looked right down from where it dropped, pulled it out, handed it to me, and went back in the house. :(

jrvariel48 01-25-2014 01:13 PM

To tell you the truth, I can't remember when I started forgettin'!:D

hope 01-25-2014 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimvette59 (Post 810692)
Can' remember why I was reading this.

All the above......:eek:

You guys must be about my AGE..(somewhere around 78):).

A bones 01-25-2014 01:22 PM

As funny as you make it sound, some times it just ain't. Two things I wish to mention - in my own searches I have found that usually it's near where I thought it should be, but I don't have faith own process. Second, try this pickup a flash light, regardless of lighting, and follow the focus of the beam. Kind of like putting your finger on a printed page to keep from getting lost in the lines. Enjoy your day:)

Ken Bull 01-25-2014 01:34 PM

If its not on the floor---why do I always check the lip of the frame last? Like after I struggle to get up and see if its under me.