The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Here's an affordable Model A on EBAY (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153300)

Ted Duke 10-28-2014 09:16 PM

Here's an affordable Model A on EBAY

MY wife says "Not until you finish the one you bought in 1971"

1930 Ford Model A

Loveland, Ohio, United States
Current bid:
US $207.50 Reserve not met

[ 2 bids ]

Place bid

Enter US $210.00 or more

Price:
US $6,950.00
Buy It Now

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Model-A...US_Cars_Trucks

triumphleroy 10-28-2014 09:30 PM

Re: Here's an affordable Model A on EBAY

Wives are like that you know......

mhsprecher 10-28-2014 11:33 PM

How do you know it's affordable? Do you know the reserve?

bart78 10-28-2014 11:43 PM

It says buy it now 6,950.00.

pooch 10-29-2014 12:40 AM

That looks like a perfect candidate for Onlybackroads to buy.

Swap his coupe body onto that and drive on .

Then come back and collect all the old left over bits later.

bettlesr 10-29-2014 07:45 AM

It's at $3850 now with 6 1/2 days to go

jkeesey 10-29-2014 08:15 AM

Affordable would have been a buy it now for what the current bid is. Its going to go for the close to the buy it now price which for a Tudor that needs everything refinished isn't really that affordable. It runs and drives but says nothing of all the other mechanicals.

raprice22 10-29-2014 09:15 AM

You know what's going to happen. As the time winds down, there will be a bidding frenzy .
Rog

P.S. 10-29-2014 09:27 AM

Again, incorrect use of the term "original". For example, that's a 28-29 dash panel incorrectly fit (look at the gap on top and how it hangs down below the bottom of the tank) to the tank. How can the mileage be correct?!! Wrong speedo, therefore, not original to car, therefore mileage cannot assume to be correct.

This Model A Tudor is a total do-over. At most, it's probably worth $3K.

C26Pinelake 10-29-2014 09:33 AM

[eQUOTE=P.S.;971201]Again, incorrect use of the term "original". For example, that's a 28-29 dash panel incorrectly fit (look at the gap on top and how it hangs down below the bottom of the tank) to the tank. How can the mileage be correct?!! Wrong speedo, therefore, not original to car, therefore mileage cannot assume to be correct.

This Model A Tudor is a total do-over. At most, it's probably worth $3K.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you !
Wayne

bart78 10-29-2014 09:46 AM

It amazes me what people will pay for some of these cars. I don't know of some get carried away. When buying because they want one bad. Or do they just live in a area where cars are just harder to find?

harleytoprock 10-29-2014 10:30 AM

Lets say you got it for $4K. How much would it cost to rebuild the brakes, suspension, engine and drive train just to make it roadable? I know I just dumped $1100. just for parts, including a Flathead Teds kit, to do my totally shot rear service and emergency brakes.

Brother Hesekiel 10-29-2014 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bart78 (Post 971222)
It amazes me what people will pay for some of these cars. I don't know of some get carried away. When buying because they want one bad. Or do they just live in a area where cars are just harder to find?

The explanation for this is simple, and it's similar to why people are buying cars on credit: they only have a limited amount of cash available and want a car "now."

Getting a Model A for $3K or $4K or $5K means having a car in the garage and being able to get started on it. Everything else will fall in place eventually. Yes, in the end it will be more expensive than buying a ready-to-enjoy car later, just like it's the case when buying a daily driver on credit, but these folks don't want later. It's not a wrong approach, just a different one, one of several to get to the finish line. Delayed gratification is not very popular anymore in our modern society.

hardtimes 10-29-2014 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brother Hesekiel (Post 971342)
The explanation for this is simple, and it's similar to why people are buying cars on credit: they only have a limited amount of cash available and want a car "now."

Getting a Model A for $3K or $4K or $5K means having a car in the garage and being able to get started on it. Everything else will fall in place eventually. Yes, in the end it will be more expensive than buying a ready-to-enjoy car later, just like it's the case when buying a daily driver on credit, but these folks don't want later. It's not a wrong approach, just a different one, one of several to get to the finish line. Delayed gratification is not very popular anymore in our modern society.

AMEN BROTHER :D !!
You have hit the proverbial nail on its' hard head !
I was there and did that ! I was uninformed/unknowing/ill equipped $ wise and LIED TO by seller. NOW, twelve yrs later and a million $ into this A (the UGLY DUCK :p), I can not afford to let loose of her and have a spouse that thinks that all A owners are ------:eek: and fiscally irresponsible.

BTW..to all possibly new / shopping A owners: TALK IS CHEAP..seriously:).
Talk to a lot of model a owners, if you are even contemplating a purchase. They will evaluate, if you have a candidate to look at. And , it you haven't got a candidate to look at yet, the old guy will tell you what to look for and HOW MUCH it will cost , in reality terms of $ and time, to do what you think that you want !! All I ever wanted, for example, was a unrestored/original/driver...and look at what happened...OMG :rolleyes:

BTW...Remember Faruka(?), yeah..I want it and I want it NOW ..lol

34Fordtk 10-29-2014 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by harleytoprock (Post 971249)
Lets say you got it for $4K. How much would it cost to rebuild the brakes, suspension, engine and drive train just to make it roadable? I know I just dumped $1100. just for parts, including a Flathead Teds kit, to do my totally shot rear service and emergency brakes.

And I had a hard time selling my Sport Coupe with a DONE chassis for $4k........