The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Is this for a Model A? (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=177552)

Roger V 09-06-2015 11:00 AM

Is this for a Model A?

4 Attachment(s)
Is the pictured seat-back rope for a Model A and if so what specific body style? It's 39 inches long including the brackets. Also, are any of the shade brackets for a Model A? I realize the second set is two of one side and should have one with a pin.

burner31 09-06-2015 04:39 PM

Re: Is this for a Model A?

1 Attachment(s)
Is the rope in pic one elastic?
On my A the rope has a steel spring cable running through the core of the rope.
The one on my town sedan is 34 inches, yours is 39 inches so it may have come from a much larger car, maybe a Caddie, or some other such vehicle.
The brackets are different from my '31 town sedan but the rope looks of the same design/maker.
Those items sure look like Model A pieces, but I am far, far from an expert, I would wait for the Guru's to chime in to be sure.

Roger V 09-06-2015 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Turley (Post 1152008)
Roger, I think that the robe rope in your photo is most likely from a Ford later than the Model A. The rope itself could be cut off and used with correct Model A brackets. The brackets that are currently on your robe rope are not the correct ones for Model A. See the "Restoration Guidelines" for sketches of the correct ones.

Don, should have thought of that. Must have been a "Senior Moment". Thanks, Roger

duke36 09-07-2015 12:01 PM

the center photo (bracket ) with 2 horiz holes appears to be for hand assist straps mounted on window / jamb pillars.

Roger V 09-07-2015 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rip94611 (Post 1152420)
the center photo (bracket ) with 2 horiz holes appears to be for hand assist straps mounted on window / jamb pillars.

I should have been more clear about the second photo. It is one of the brackets attached to the rope in the first pic.

KGBnut 09-09-2015 05:16 PM

Two of those photos, look like six roll-up window shade brackets. They look like the ones in my '30 Coupe.

Ken

1930artdeco 09-09-2015 05:59 PM

I don't believe they are correct for a Model A. I have them in my car but all of the other Model As I have seen do not have them.

Mike

Rainmaker Ron 09-09-2015 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger V (Post 1151799)
Is the pictured seat-back rope for a Model A and if so what specific body style? It's 39 inches long including the brackets. Also, are any of the shade brackets for a Model A? I realize the second set is two of one side and should have one with a pin.

Roger, cannot answer your question but will take this opportunity to extend A Hershey invite to you and all barners.

The chili is now at the MARC tent BUT..................Stop by the Rainmakers spaces CV 5-10 on Thursday afternoon for beer battered Brats.

Lets get the old gang going again. A lot of things started at Rainmakers Chili party, lets fire it up again. Les Andrews and John Lavoy started their books there, Bruce Adams sold the idea and kicked off International Model A Day. That sculptor guy unveiled his Chiken Coupe Bronze there. Tim Kelly bought Rainmaker Rons first Public offering of the Head Puller and Distributor Puller now carried by all the cat houses. The Splinterbox Great racer was conceived and staffed over a bowl of chili.

There was a time when we could count 100 guys from 7 countries at the chili Party. Pass the word.

See you at Hershey.

Roger V 09-09-2015 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainmaker Ron (Post 1153883)
Roger, cannot answer your question but will take this opportunity to extend A Hershey invite to you and all barners.

The chili is now at the MARC tent BUT..................Stop by the Rainmakers spaces CV 5-10 on Thursday afternoon for beer battered Brats.

Lets get the old gang going again. A lot of things started at Rainmakers Chili party, lets fire it up again. Les Andrews and John Lavoy started their books there, Bruce Adams sold the idea and kicked off International Model A Day. That sculptor guy unveiled his Chiken Coupe Bronze there. Tim Kelly bought Rainmaker Rons first Public offering of the Head Puller and Distributor Puller now carried by all the cat houses. The Splinterbox Great racer was conceived and staffed over a bowl of chili.

There was a time when we could count 100 guys from 7 countries at the chili Party. Pass the word.

See you at Hershey.

Thanks, looking forward to it. Roger

C26Pinelake 09-09-2015 09:11 PM

Sounds like a wonderful tradition that should be enjoyed by many! Hope you attract a large group! Hope it is beerworst and not the worstbeer. ( lol )! Wayne