The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Swap meet notification. (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=202909)

hardtimes 08-19-2016 07:45 PM

Swap meet notification.

Anyone here planning to go ?
YEARLY SWAP MEET
Model A/B/T swap meet this Sunday at:
San Antonio Boys Home in Chatsworth , Plummer Street
Opens EARLY at least early for me. I'll be sitting in line about 5am :eek:
Someone here will know more details on location/time.
GOOD cause ...benefits boy home :) !
Run/put on by F.A.S.T. and Model T Club ?
Good company, great cars to see, good parts and good donuts/coffee/food.
All welcome !!

California Travieso 08-20-2016 12:27 PM

Re: Swap meet notification.

Hardtimes,

From the MAFCA Calendar:

Swap Meet will be held at Rancho San Antonio Boy's Home, 21000 Plummer St., Chatsworth CA

Hosts: San Fernando Valley Model A Club

David Serrano

Charlie Stephens 08-20-2016 01:47 PM

Here it is right from the horses mouth (their flyer): http://sfvalleymodela.com/wp-content...eetadfinal.pdf

I enjoy this meet. Not big enough to drive 100 miles to attend but small enough that you don't feel like you have just run a marathon when you finish going through it. I plan to be there again this year.

Charlie Stephens

hardtimes 08-20-2016 01:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie Stephens (Post 1341660)
Here it is right from the horses mouth (their flyer): http://sfvalleymodela.com/wp-content...eetadfinal.pdf

I enjoy this meet. Not big enough to drive 100 miles to attend but small enough that you don't feel like you have just run a marathon when you finish going through it. I plan to be there again this year.

Charlie Stephens

Hey Charlie,
THANKS you guys for backup :) !
Do not have flyer but have word of mouth that meet is to be and hoping to fire to fuel.
Hoping to see youse there, meet and talk banger trash talk :D ! I live about walking distance of couple/few mi away and anyone who would like is invited to come over and continue hobby discussion/refreshment !

If you see this there, I'm made it there...

California Travieso 08-20-2016 02:24 PM

Hardtimes,

Hope you're driving the roadster. I'd love to see the Buttermore HC Head.

David Serrano

hardtimes 08-20-2016 03:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by California Travieso (Post 1341681)
Hardtimes,

Hope you're driving the roadster. I'd love to see the Buttermore HC Head.

David Serrano

Hey David,
Yeah, that's the plan, as of now :)
Have been going to bring 'stuff' to sell, which would involve truck then, but the time is short now and so...roadster is backup and fun to be in anytime that I get an excuse to move things around and dig it out of garage.

Also, one plan was to put this on back of pickup (for sale/troll..fishing term, eh?:D). Just wish that I could put a video of sight/sounds that MRS made on my Iphone. Ahh, better than listening to Bach :cool:.

Funny story is...she said yes she could make video with my Iphone. So, started the beast up for run in. She was dutifully recording. I gave the B two higher rpm shots. Said to her, hope you got that, as she is running great.

I looked around , she was no where to be seen..what the ? Shut B down and she came from behind shed and said...I'm done with that (scared her) !! Of course, it didn't scare me...cause I had shooter muffs on :rolleyes:

hardtimes 08-20-2016 04:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie Stephens (Post 1341660)

Charlie Stephens

Hey Charlie,
Hm, 'from horses mouth'....good one !
If you see this walking around.....'directly from Tom's back'...ha !
Will be me.

1oldtimer 08-20-2016 05:01 PM

I'm in, should be about 160 mile round trip :).

califfarmer 08-21-2016 12:10 AM

My 15 year old son and I are going to drive over. We attended last year and had a great time. Nice little swap meet.

zzlegend 08-21-2016 06:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Meet you there hardtimes. Will be driving this.

C26Pinelake 08-21-2016 06:53 AM

Sounds like a great meet for a worthwhile cause. Good luck. Wayne

Neil Mylar LakewoodCA 08-21-2016 03:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Fun swap meet and car show.
It was nice to see HARDTIMES and ZZLEGENDS cars.

I got a few nice items, saw some beautiful cars and visited with some Fordbarn Model A people.

Neil Mylar LakewoodCA 08-21-2016 03:55 PM

I was going to post several pictures, but my android phone has trouble posting them right side up.

zzlegend 08-21-2016 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil Mylar LakewoodCA (Post 1342272)
I was going to post several pictures, but my android phone has trouble posting them right side up.

Hey Neil. At least you took pictures. :) I still have my 1987 flip top phone and have a hard enough time just talking on it. :confused: Glad you stopped by and said hello. I should have told you to take it for a spin. I to met a few new people that I just hear about but never put a face to the name. Hope to see you again soon. Take care, Mark.
Also noticed that you got John Neilson in the picture. A very knowledgeable and super nice guy.

Neil Mylar LakewoodCA 08-21-2016 05:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Maybe I'll post some pictures anyway for those who can stand on their heads.

hardtimes 08-21-2016 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil Mylar LakewoodCA (Post 1342270)
Fun swap meet and car show.
It was nice to see HARDTIMES and ZZLEGENDS cars.

I got a few nice items, saw some beautiful cars and visited with some Fordbarn Model A people.

Hey Neil,
Nice to see you and other Ford Barn guys. Fun to put faces to members only known by avatars here :) !
Some really nice cars present with maybe 50 total. One beautiful black perfect paint/shine '31 wide bed pickup..wow, and for sale. Wish I had the $ for that one !!
Also , got some REALLY great information from members met. One nice '30 coupe sold , on the spot , for 6K !

One embarrassing moment for old brain when it sent mixed information about a member here , whom I've known for over a decade..Fred A.
'Getting old' saying came to mind. Fred A is a super guy and very knowledgeable about all things old iron ;)! We discussed a number of A crank shafts , including a nice/huge BB he was selling.
Only bought one item, a new in box with instructions and sender... old stewart warner temp gage ..nice score !
Ohh, can't forget Randy Gross ! He gave me some valuable tutoring relative to f100 proper adjustment tech.. We may make a trip down to see / buy in a week or so.

quickchange 08-21-2016 07:36 PM

Neil no problem for us downunder , ended up the right way , by turning the monitor upside down.

Neil Mylar LakewoodCA 08-21-2016 09:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
A couple more.

Nice olympic runner radiator ornament.

Neil Mylar LakewoodCA 08-21-2016 09:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Two more

Nice 47 Ford woody

There were many other cars there that I wish I had taken pictures of.
Some 60's Chevys were pulling in as I was leaving.

Neil Mylar LakewoodCA 08-21-2016 09:29 PM

I was only there for an hour, but I bought a nice Stewart Warner horn, some backup Zenith carbs, an AA jack and a nice 21" wheel with a good tire.
Reasonable prices.
The guy who sold me the 21" wheel and tire for $25 threw in another free wheel that had a bad rim, but a good tire on it.