The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Another Bubba update... (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=268069)

BUBBAS IGNITION 08-18-2019 08:29 AM

Another Bubba update...

5 Attachment(s)
Sunday is my off treatment day and i am getting it done today....
Had treatment #37 yesterday and all is well, i actually feel pretty good but am tired the day of treatment .

Making tons of improvement in the shop doing a major reorg , i have three people helping get this project done . We work three days a wek from 10- 5 etc . I do distributors (past orders ) as they re sort everything in the building . The overall goal is to get the shop straightened up, the storage barn organized and labeled and all parts stored and put away.
I am down to 12-13 past orders and get them done a few each week, and for the most part everyone has been more than understanding.
My personal mission is to get these done as quick as i can .......

JSeery 08-18-2019 09:39 AM

Re: Another Bubba update...

Shop is looking good!

dwaynec 08-18-2019 09:53 AM

Shop is looking great. It is also great to hear that you are feeling pretty good. Hopefully it will keep getting better!

RalphM 08-18-2019 09:58 AM

Glad to hear you are feeling better!

mfirth 08-18-2019 10:00 AM

Keep on keep'n on ....Still pray'n 4 ya. Shop is surely look'n good; you've got some GR8 friands. mike

TomT/Williamsburg 08-18-2019 10:01 AM

Your shop looks like a food prep area it’s so clean - really nice! I guess the adage “too soon old and too late smart” is something I am afflicted with so, can I get your help to come to my garage or do I have to wait in line with all the prior requests?!?! Lol!

slowforty 08-18-2019 12:03 PM

Are you going to be well enough to make it to Auburn??

BUBBAS IGNITION 08-18-2019 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slowforty (Post 1789249)
Are you going to be well enough to make it to Auburn??

No Auburn for me this year maybe the next one....I have treatments on thursday and sat.......I guess i could drive up on sat eve as i have sinday monday off . But maybe next year when i get this deal dialed in a little better....

I am planning to come to newport one day with the show cars etc......Maybe friday or sunday ????? Got to really plan every move now days......
Have surgery for a permanent fishula (port) in my arm Sept 16th we will see how that works???

petehoovie 08-18-2019 02:11 PM

'Coors LIGHT' - Wheres the refrigerator?

https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/attac...8&d=1566134971

nickthebandit 08-18-2019 02:21 PM

Bubba, I'm glad that you are doing well with your dialysis. Sometimes it takes a while for everything to get dialed in. What is a permanent fistula ? I know in my case, I have had to go for some surgery work, plus a stent for things to flow better. next, I will have my fistula raised to make it easier for the nurses to find the correct spot. and to lessen the pain when the nurses have to keep probing for the right spot. keep your chin up. When you go for dialysis you can see that you are not the only person that has this problem. As I tell my friends, it is simple, do it or die. So I will continue as long as I can, and I expect you to do the same as you are not a quitter.

Clem Clement 08-18-2019 02:34 PM

Be Strong

BUBBAS IGNITION 08-18-2019 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickthebandit (Post 1789296)
Bubba, I'm glad that you are doing well with your dialysis. Sometimes it takes a while for everything to get dialed in. What is a permanent fistula ? I know in my case, I have had to go for some surgery work, plus a stent for things to flow better. next, I will have my fistula raised to make it easier for the nurses to find the correct spot. and to lessen the pain when the nurses have to keep probing for the right spot. keep your chin up. When you go for dialysis you can see that you are not the only person that has this problem. As I tell my friends, it is simple, do it or die. So I will continue as long as I can, and I expect you to do the same as you are not a quitter.

Nick, Thanks for the thoughts. Yes i have four friends that for one reason or another at some point refused to take the treatments ( they all died within the last 5 years or so). I had my left arm "mapped" and they will make me a fistula in the left arm (sept 16th)and then at some point later ( 6-8 weeks etc) they will start using it as a hook up. Right now i have a cath in my chest with two fittings ( snap on i think:eek:) and they work very well but you cant do that forever ......my clinic is 10 red lights from my house and like a Star Ship with the highest techs and equipment.......I call it lunch with friends as my appts are from 10:30 to 2:30 and i take my lunch and watch TV......each chair has a TV...

BUBBAS IGNITION 08-18-2019 02:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by petehoovie (Post 1789292)
'Coors LIGHT' - Wheres the refrigerator?

https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/attac...8&d=1566134971

I am always amazed with what people see in a photo..

V8 Bob 08-18-2019 04:21 PM

I don't see a "Kentucky Bourbon Ale" sign. :D Hope you can still enjoy a brew. Shop looks great! Best to you Jim. :cool:

nickthebandit 08-19-2019 11:04 AM

Bubba, I, too, had a catheter in my chest I couldn't take a shower for 6 weeks. My wife had to give a sponge bath every day. If you get the catheter wet you stand the chance of infection which could be fatal. It would be nice if they could install a catheter permanently, then it would be a simple hookup like a fuel line.

slowforty 08-20-2019 06:54 AM

Monday is the Concourse day at Auburn.