The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Burn victim, serial killer or ford nut? (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279605)

GB SISSON 04-17-2020 09:47 PM

Burn victim, serial killer or ford nut?

3 Attachment(s)
Being Friday, my son and I quit a bit early in the wood shop. Maybe 3:30 or so. Of course I asked if he could stay an extra half hour to help me set the front clip on my project. Well, it went a bit longer, (duh), but all is good. My wife got a few pics of our shenanigans. Rough afternoon for old Gramps, but will drift off to sleep with a huge smile.......and sore hands as usual.

Art Newland 04-17-2020 09:51 PM

Re: Burn victim, serial killer or ford nut?

If you don't hurt yourself, you're not trying hard enough!

GB SISSON 04-17-2020 09:55 PM

Thanks Art, but my right hand still hurts!

JSeery 04-17-2020 09:59 PM

Looks like you did a number on your hand!

38bill 04-17-2020 10:05 PM

Nice case of the busted knuckles!

Truck looks good though.

tomcarman 04-17-2020 10:12 PM

Beware infection.

cas3 04-17-2020 10:12 PM

GB, you have such bad breath that your son has to wear a mask?

Art Newland 04-17-2020 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GB SISSON (Post 1875940)
Thanks Art, but my right hand still hurts!

It'll feel fine as soon as you are driving it down the road!:)

GB SISSON 04-17-2020 10:38 PM

Well my 26 year old kid still hangs out after work with his homies, I make him wear the mask at work. We have ten cases on the island and our big project is at the remodel of our grocery store. As a 2 time heart patient, and a young 66 year old, I'm not taking any chances.... (well maybe a few laps without brakes a few weeks ago) but I've grown up since those days.

GB SISSON 04-17-2020 10:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomcarman (Post 1875946)
Beware infection.

My wife was a tech at the local medical center for 26 years and a firefighter and emt for 20 of those. She admonished me and cleaned me up and sent me to bed..... Now she's asleep and I'm on the 'barn. (sorry about the japanese truck)

tomcarman 04-17-2020 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GB SISSON (Post 1875960)
My wife was a tech at the local medical center for 26 years and a firefighter and emt for 20 of those. She admonished me and cleaned me up and sent me to bed..... Now she's asleep and I'm on the 'barn. (sorry about the japanese truck)

That's good to hear. It's "just a flesh wound" is something out of a Monty Python comedy. Burns are nothing to ignore. Glad you're taking precautions against the bug. My wife has chronic lung problems and works for the State. She's been quarantined for over a month. I got '86'd from my job (with pay) because I'm over 60. 1st SS check due in about a month. I don't think I'll be going back to work.

GB SISSON 04-17-2020 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomcarman (Post 1875962)
That's good to hear. It's "just a flesh wound" is something out of a Monty Python comedy. Burns are nothing to ignore. Glad you're taking precautions against the bug. My wife has chronic lung problems and works for the State. She's been quarantined for over a month. I got '86'd from my job (with pay) because I'm over 60. 1st SS check due in about a month. I don't think I'll be going back to work.

Sounds like a good plan. I had no burns, the black is just soot and grease. The red is just a busted knuckle today and a wound from my grinder last week. Oh, and two nails about to come off from a smash about a month ago. My love of wrenching on old ford trucks far surpasses a bit of pain that might occur, Ok, off to bed zzzzzzzzz

tomcarman 04-17-2020 11:22 PM

You've answered your own question. "Burn victim, serial killer of Ford nut". Ford nut it is. Question is which nut. Lug nut? Castle nut? Lock nut? Wing nut? Cap nut? Push nut? Reverse thread nut? I think this retirement thing leaves me with too much time.

mfirth 04-18-2020 06:52 AM

We all have too much time now....that's why we are ALL NUTS, NNUTZ NNNNTUTSY.......

51504bat 04-18-2020 09:07 AM

lefty loosey righty tighty!

cas3 04-18-2020 11:31 AM

nice landcruiser!

B-O-B 04-18-2020 11:50 AM

For hand repair aloe vera is your friend if you have any plants or can find some in a jar. Here in the dez there are plenty of plants. Just break off a stem and apply as necessary. Take care of that finger you only get the real ones once. My index & thumb are numb from an operation to fix them & didn't work out.

deuce_roadster 04-18-2020 05:20 PM

Hey Gary, I see that is your right hand. My dad was a carpenter and he always said a right handed carpenter's left hand is usually messed up because he holds the hammer in his right hand! But wrenches that slip off something puts the right hand in peril! Heal up and maybe when doing something where this is kind of thing is possible, try some gloves. I hate them and only wear them when doing things that could make me bleed.
Take care,
Mike

Ggmac 04-18-2020 06:21 PM

I'm just curious, which one is the son ? Work will keep you young , don't ever stop ! Slowing down is good though.
Love the pics .
Thanks ,

Graeme / New Zealand 04-19-2020 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GB SISSON (Post 1875960)

Don't apologise...... That's a nice Japanese truck.

Graeme