The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Model A coupe value (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298420)

oldredford 05-11-2021 07:00 AM

Model A coupe value

What is the fair market value of a 1930 5 window coupe in good condition. Needs paint uphostery.

McMimmcs 05-11-2021 07:03 AM

Re: Model A coupe value

Do you have any photographs ?

BRENT in 10-uh-C 05-11-2021 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldredford (Post 2015537)
What is the fair market value of a 1930 5 window coupe in good condition. Needs paint uphostery.

I guess I don't understand. How can a car be in "good condition" yet need Paint and Upholstery?

If you break down the value of a car by 3 major areas (Mechanical, Paint, & Trim) it would seem you are lacking in 2 major areas. Without seeing it as Wayne suggested, I will pitch a F/M value number of $3k - $5k. Naturally that number can go either way upon visual inspection.

oldredford 05-11-2021 07:21 AM

The car has lacquer paint and uphostery attacked by moths. Mechanically it is in good condition. A turn key minus paint and uphostery. Don't know what path to take.

BRENT in 10-uh-C 05-11-2021 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldredford (Post 2015543)
The car has lacquer paint and uphostery attacked by moths. Mechanically it is in good condition. A turn key minus paint and uphostery. Don't know what path to take.

To some folks, the paint won't be an issue. To others, that is a red flag.

Lacquer paint is not the issue. I can show you many original cars that were painted with lacquer at the factory and years later the paint still looks great and without any cracks or checking. If lacquer paint cracks, there are other issues underneath.

As far as what path to take, it depends on what your goals are. The vehicle likely has severe diminished value due to the paint and upholstery, however I doubt you would be able to recover your investment of new paint and upholstery if you were to do those prior to selling.

ronn 05-11-2021 08:34 AM

5-6k together

chassis is 2500 and body is 4000.

WHN 05-11-2021 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldredford (Post 2015543)

Does it have an asking price?

nkaminar 05-11-2021 06:28 PM

There are so many variables. The car could be worth anywhere from $3,000 to $16,000 depending on what has been done to the engine (insert bearings, balanced crank, pressure oil, cam, valves, high compression head), transmission (Mitchell syncro), overdrive, rear end rebuilt, new tires, power coated wheels, rebuilt brakes, etc. To get an estimate of the value you will have to post photos and ca ompletely describe the car.