The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Apart from A,s what else do you collect (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79444)

quickchange 08-10-2012 07:41 PM

Apart from A,s what else do you collect

1 Attachment(s)
"A" folk seem to collect other things besides Ford Vehicles, He is my latest fad, Got started when i saw Tail wind Don's collection in AZ & guess what saw a couple at Chicksha swap along with a miniture quickchange with clock in centre section, Had my name written over both, :D Its the little things in life that counts. ;) Had to move the wifes ornaments a little but now after 6 of them think im pushing my luck, Only 3 more hard to get ones to find,
Our next Rebel "A" clubs news letter will run a story on them ,
Derek, Awaiting speed week results for 2012.

Clem Clement 08-10-2012 07:59 PM

Re: Apart from A,s what else do you collect

Does collecting toy trains count? I have a few thousand, but who is counting?

Gord. B by the bay 08-10-2012 08:31 PM

H0 scale model trains for over 50 years specelize in Canadian Pacific " The Worlds Greatest Travel System" Gord. B by the Bay

LukeDahlinger 08-10-2012 08:44 PM

Ford Memorabilia of all types (pre 1960), Citrus Industry Collectibles IE- signage, crates, labels, etc, Edison Memorabilia, pocketwatches, and select pieces of vintage quartersawn oak furniture.

These are the main things. There's other stuff I collect but make no serious effort to find them.

al's28/33 08-10-2012 09:05 PM

HO scale model trains (I have an Old West town layout), original Matchbox cars, Franklin Mint cars, coins, stamps, family geneology, photos, postcards, keychains, just to name a few.

c125bob 08-10-2012 09:10 PM

Antique tractors and engines. I got the Model A to help break THAT addiction. Like starting to chew tobacco so you can quit smoking ! :confused:

PetesPonies 08-10-2012 09:15 PM

Cars and bikes. Have over 20 . . more Mustangs and Ford trucks than others. 57 T-Bird is a favorite, but I have many different types.

329s 08-10-2012 09:27 PM

"O" Gauge Lionel and MTH trains (Union Pacific and Great Northern lines), Orange Crush items; have a huge collection of 50's and 60's Rock and Roll music (want to get rid of); steel beer cans...

awander 08-10-2012 09:29 PM

Tools, especially machinist's tools.

Gumpy 08-10-2012 09:41 PM

british motorcycles, i have a bsa victor 441 1967 model and i love the older triumph bonnevilles...

MrTube 08-10-2012 09:43 PM

Sadly I don't own my very own model A yet, I have to settle for working on and driving my bosses.

That said, I have two Monitor Top refrigerators I'm still in the process of restoring and I somewhat collect vintage audio equipment, though these days that has kind of slowed up as I'm more in to building my own stuff from scratch now.

Fred K-OR 08-10-2012 09:53 PM

Junk!

rossofozini 08-10-2012 09:55 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Other cars are Fiats I love Model aircraft and Border Collies.

Preacher 08-10-2012 09:56 PM

Dust

Napa Skip 08-10-2012 10:23 PM

Pre-1970 postage stamps, since c.1952. US, UN, Mexico, France, British North America, British Europe and British Oceania. Fits right in with spending a day field stripping, cleaning and rebuilding a Zenith carburetor or generator/distributor/starter doesn't it?

"Have tongs, will travel..."

Also build rubber-powered free-flight model airplanes, but "collecting" probably doesn't apply inasmuch as they don't seem to last all that long...

Vetcol 08-10-2012 10:24 PM

Street Rods

Hedbanger 08-10-2012 10:26 PM

Firearms.

CJH 08-10-2012 10:36 PM

Rock and minerals . . . . I'm a Geologist.

Chris

Roadster62 08-10-2012 10:40 PM

It started with two, and has grown to over 80 different St. Christopher medals. They all have a car on them, many have wings. Bob

jr-41ford 08-10-2012 10:45 PM

Model trains, old car models, Hot Wheels, vintage clocks, vintage slot machines, various art work until we ran out of walls to hang them on, and a little of this and that.

My parents collected a lot of vintage and antique items, sold quite a bit, but there was a ton of stuff still around when my mother passed away. My father has been passing much of the items to my brother and I, but am getting very selective, as I have very little space to ad more.

I've been passing out clocks handed down to me, to my kids and siblings. I'm also getting rid of other stuff, to make room for more stuff.