The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Bill McGrath,Early Ford Store (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289424)

deuce lover 10-30-2020 06:18 AM

Bill McGrath,Early Ford Store

I read on the HAMB that Bill passed away suddenly last evening.He was the owner of The Early Ford Store in San Dimas,CA.RIP.

Here is a link to the pics of the place.

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=...kQjJkEegQICBAB

Terry,OH 10-30-2020 06:53 AM

Re: Bill McGrath,Early Ford Store

Very nice guy! I will miss him. RIP

deuce5wndw 10-30-2020 07:33 AM

Nice guy and I really enjoyed looking at his place of business! Rest in peace my friend.

rockfla 10-30-2020 07:53 AM

Thanks for sharing Sheldon, I went there in 2007 when we were out there for all the 75th Anniversary "doings" for the 32 Ford. never met him specifically but loved his place.....as a matter of fact bought a set of 32 running boards from him while we where there!!! R.I.P

motordr 10-30-2020 08:30 AM

Sorry to hear this. Always enjoyed talking old Fords with Bill when visiting. Was there just this time last year with my 32-3W.

Ronnieroadster 10-30-2020 11:49 AM

Wow very sad news Bill was a heck of a great guy with such a passion he will be missed by so many. Dam what a horrible year the punches just keep on coming!

1948F-1Pickup 10-30-2020 12:18 PM

Heck. Just talked to him two weeks ago at his store.
RIP

petehoovie 10-30-2020 12:23 PM

God, I hate to hear this!....

Ford46 10-30-2020 03:07 PM

I agree with Ron, the hits just keep on coming. Great guy, very knowledgeable and helpful, he will be surely missed. LouB.

wga 10-30-2020 04:42 PM

Great guy to work with - first met him at CW Moss. At the GNRS in the Suede Palace building, he usually had one or two 'barn finds'. Had a '40 with an Olds there for sale, that was tempting. Will miss him.

Floyd 10-30-2020 06:49 PM

Bill was a tireless supporter of the old Ford hobby. His decisions at CW Moss to go into the used parts business on his own has done a lot for the hobby/industry. He was constantly looking, digging , scrounging , chasing parts and cars a stories. Like Jay Leno, Bill did not find the parts, the parts and cars found him. Honest straight guy. His son Michael got drug into the business to help him and became an expert as he read and remembered everything that it took his dad years to learn. Great place, great people.

Tim Ayers 10-30-2020 07:43 PM

Dang. So sorry to hear this. Prayers to his friends and family

kiwi 10-31-2020 10:41 PM

Yes sad to hear , bought many parts and sold him many parts , was always a regular at turlock.

fourfords 11-01-2020 01:08 AM

When someone I like and enjoy doing business with, -while sharing our special hobby passes away, it hurts.

The other sobering part is that it reminds me that we're all just visitors here.

reagen 11-01-2020 05:49 AM

R i p

TJ 11-01-2020 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fourfords (Post 1947563)
When someone I like and enjoy doing business with, -while sharing our special hobby passes away, it hurts.

The other sobering part is that it reminds me that we're all just visitors here.

We leave the planet the same way we entered, naked , bald and broke.

KarlJS 11-02-2020 08:49 PM

Sorry to hear, he helped me quite a bit over the past couple years

baceves 11-10-2020 05:23 PM

RIP Bill. I was there at his shop about a few months ago. Bill and his son were super helpful. I hope his son is just as as passionate about the business as his dad was. Bill never rushed me when i was there and his hospitality made me return many times as a customer.

ford nut 11-10-2020 06:13 PM

oh man, i missed this thread. so sorry to hear about this. bill was a great mellow dude. had a really nice conversation about some of the old parts places around so-cal. he knew them all and the people who ran them. i've sold him left over parts from projects and bought lots of stuff from him too. i hope his son keeps it just the way it is. i'm happy just to stand in that building. it feels really good. please don't cash it out. RIP Bill.

Sam39 12-04-2020 11:49 PM

Very sorry to hear this. He always took time for me to help me with my project. I have many Early Ford Store still to be installed on my 32 project. I’ll certainly be thinking of him and Michael in my build.