The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Vote your opinion of bob drake reproductions. (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28071)

296 V8 02-05-2011 06:59 PM

Vote your opinion of bob drake reproductions.

Vote your opinion of bob drake reproductions.

This could be a good thing + fun , you remember what that is yes.

Vic Piano 02-05-2011 07:03 PM

Re: Vote your opinion of bob drake reproductions.

I just read Bob’s response (directed at) Lawson, and I have to say, my experiences with Bob Drake and Bob Drake Reproductions have been good. I've never had any trouble with the fit or finish of any of his parts and quite a few of them are on our '39 CS, '47 Convertible and '51 F-1. Without people like Bob Drake, Dennis Carpenter, etc., where would we be going for parts that otherwise have been out of production for 50 or 60 years. It's unfortunate when conditions here in the U.S. force manufactures to look offshore for production, in order to be competitive price wise in the market place. That said, quality control should be stepped up to insure that "foreign made" parts meet the standards of the original U.S. OEM parts. You can't please all the people all the time but just think how difficult and expensive your restoration/hot rod build would be if you had to find and restore each and every part on your own. Vic

David J 02-05-2011 07:37 PM

I'm sure many of you remember the J.C. Whitney " Duplicate of original " stuff . Also the " Industria Argentina" stuff . REMEMBER HOW AWFUL IT WAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: . We have more stuff available now and much of it is good but SOME ISN'T and calling a two a two shouldn't be a capital offense . I think Bob should have done this privately but only he knows his motives . I personally have no bone to pick with Bob Drake Reproductions and therefore will not cast stones other than to bring up again that I feel this wasn't the best way to handle this . Does this meet the criteria of " voting " :D David J

Mart 02-05-2011 07:41 PM

In my opinion David J is messing about with the fonts too much.

Mart.

19Fordy 02-05-2011 07:52 PM

I respectfully request that the moderator "CLOSE THIS THREAD". It just adds to the drama - accomplishing little , if anything at all.

G.M. 02-05-2011 07:54 PM

I think Bob Drake does a good job. Where would a lot of cars being restored be if him and several others didn't make the quality of almost extinct parts they supply. Don't forget that a large number of customers are not mechanics and some stock Ford parts don't just fall in place. Gas tanks are one. Keep up the GOOD work Bob I think most people will agree but you can't please 100%of them no matter what you do. G.M.

296 V8 02-05-2011 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 19Fordy (Post 155872)
I respectfully request that the moderator "CLOSE THIS THREAD". It just adds to the drama - accomplishing little , if anything at all.

Come on …. Have some fun buddy …. Or would you vote option 7 ?

David J 02-05-2011 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mart (Post 155866)
In my opinion David J is messing about with the fonts too much.

Mart.

:D You are correct Sir . Remember the story of the kid with the new toy ? I figured out the picture thing and now the colors thing and was just runnin wif it !! Sorry if it offends anyone because it is nothing more than follishness / fun and was not intended to offend . :D Was that better or do da smiley guys gotta go also ?

Flathead 02-05-2011 08:00 PM

This ought to be interesting! When your name is on the sign you're a natural target! I've never had a problem with Bob, but I have not bought anything there for quite a few years. My taste runs to black primer and used parts of the old original variety.

vintageman 02-05-2011 08:15 PM

This is a total and complete waste of time and energy. If you don't want to do business with Drake, then don't. That is your business and no one else need be concerned. It certainly should not be aired out here. After you get the final results of this inquiry, you still have nothing.There are more important things in life to deal with rather than this. End it now.

296 V8 02-05-2011 08:32 PM

Don’t be so negative this isn’t meant to be a bash Drake post / poll so don’t try to turn it into one …. As a mater of fact im a fan. :D

Frank The Plumber 02-05-2011 08:51 PM

No good can come of this type of a poll. The other thread was closed, please find it in your wisdom to close this thread as well. Thank you.

blacktopbuddha 02-06-2011 01:50 AM

Denise, I'm shocked!!!:eek::rolleyes:;)

X38 02-06-2011 03:48 AM

Unless you're gonna poll EVERY manufacturer or retailer.

Henry Hopper 02-06-2011 06:42 AM

it`ll all end in tears...close the thread and leave it to the two with the beef.

HOTRODPRIMER 02-06-2011 08:07 AM

Polls are just that,,I see them posted all the time,,do you like red or black wheels,,bias ply or tires radials,,it's simply a poll.

There are more curmudgeons on the Ford Barn than ever before and most seem to have an axe to grind with someone.

So far it looks like the approval rate for Bob Drake is out front,,thank goodness someone is offering parts that otherwise we would have a difficult time finding.

BTW,,this IS a open forum and we ALL are entitled to our have opinions.

I have heard complaints about most of the aftermarket parts manufactures ,,for the purist here I would like to know why you would even considering non original Henry Ford parts? HRP

32Gnu 02-06-2011 08:21 AM

Thanks to all the reproducers that allow this hobby to continue on. My father bought from Drake early on, traded NOS parts with Drake in exchange for parts he needed for his 32 and 34... I still have the parts boxed up today and some will go on my coupe.

This is a BS thread/poll.. we all have bought patch panels and different parts that had to be massaged to work. Thats just the way it is, and there are going to be good parts and better parts weather you buy from Dennis, Bob, macs or whoever.. Be better to list out individual parts that work good than trash one supplier..... Tom

4dFord/SC 02-06-2011 08:38 AM

Orville Redenbacher is smiling at all this:)

jimTN 02-06-2011 08:39 AM

The parts I have bought from Bob have been satisfactory over the years. (32-37)

Ryan 02-06-2011 08:41 AM

Move on fellas...