The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Kudos to snyders (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=266735)

Burgamot 07-23-2019 01:37 PM

Kudos to snyders

I ordered a $ 60.00 part from Snyder’s asking it to be shipped via fed ex.the part got lost in fed ex,s Memphis system. When I called Snyder’s they are replacing the part and will pay for fed ex air. That’s what I call good service

Synchro909 07-23-2019 05:26 PM

Re: Kudos to snyders

Very good service on the part of Snyders but what was Fedex's response???

Dick Carne 07-23-2019 05:31 PM

My nephew and I were up in Ohio a couple of weeks ago checking on some pieces for our Mail Truck, and had an occasion to stop in at Snyders for the first time. I had spoken with Tom previously, but this time Joe was there to gather up our orders. These folks are some of the friendliest and all-round "good guys" to deal with that I have met in this industry. And their operation is amazing! Well stocked, comparable prices with other venders, and generally an exceptional source for Model A (and T) parts. I've also had good experiences with Steve at Bert's, and Davon at Smith & Jones.

dennis lumbert 07-23-2019 07:13 PM

We are very fortunate to have several great Model A vendors.Synders has always taken care of me ,and the very few problems I have had they corrected promptly. Dennis

old31 07-24-2019 06:34 AM

I have always thought of Snyders as a first-class act.

The way they talk to you on the phone, the way they ship, the way they do the paperwork, the way they handle returns, the quality of product.

Aretino 07-24-2019 07:20 AM

All my experiences with Snyder's have been great.

fuzes45 07-24-2019 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burgamot (Post 1780140)
I ordered a $ 60.00 part from Snyder’s asking it to be shipped via fed ex.the part got lost in fed ex,s Memphis system. When I called Snyder’s they are replacing the part and will pay for fed ex air. That’s what I call good service

Fed X said they delivered parts ordered, never got them. Fed X claims they sent it to my address by verifying one of their trucks out front of House.

Installed camera, so next time will see.

rosenkranswa 07-24-2019 08:46 AM

Always had very good service from Snyder's, and the rest of the larger T & A vendors.

FedEx lost an order from Snyder's last fall and claimed it had been delivered. Snyder's sent a replacement immediately by UPS. That order was also lost with UPS claiming delivery. Third time was a charm with Snyder's sending the third time via USPS with delivery in a couple days. Yes, we double checked the addressing with Snyder's each time.

Six months later, the UPS shipment appears on the door step looking somewhat worse the wear. Snyder's cheerfully took the package back. No idea what happened to the FedEx package.

ryanheacox 07-24-2019 09:08 AM

I have always had great service from the various parts vendors I've used. Cannot say the same for Fedex though... plenty of botched deliveries.

CarlG 07-24-2019 02:00 PM

I always ask for USPS shipping. Both FedEx and UPS have very large terminals only a couple of miles from my house, BUT their rates (to Alaska) are outrageous.

1928Mik 07-24-2019 02:08 PM

I love Snyders. Being in Ohio they are very convenient for me. CarlG, my company ships to AK now and then, but it's USPS all the time. The other carriers priced themselves out of the market.