The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Problem With Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=306650)

Bob Bidonde 11-19-2021 10:14 AM

Problem With Ford Barn

I do not use cookies, so I log-in manually each time I go onto the Ford Barn. However, I often get forced to log-in repeatedly when trying to post a reply or start a new post. Why is this?
I tried contacting the Barn via email, but was stymied by the ridiculous CAPCHA code.

redmodelt 11-19-2021 10:20 AM

Re: Problem With Ford Barn

When was the last time to cleaned up your browsing/search/cache history?

Ruth 11-19-2021 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Bidonde (Post 2077647)
I do not use cookies, so I log-in manually each time I go onto the Ford Barn. However, I often get forced to log-in repeatedly when trying to post a reply or start a new post. Why is this?
I tried contacting the Barn via email, but was stymied by the ridiculous CAPCHA code.

Do you check the "Remember Me" box? If I don't remember to check "Remember Me" when logging on the same thing happens to me.

Mister Moose 11-19-2021 11:55 AM

What time period ae you experiencing this with? I notice if I take time thinking about a post, or get interrupted and come back to it, when I go to submit the post I was logged out. However, if you log in using that form presented it accepts the post. (Other forums I use don't do this, if you get logged out you lose the post.

So apparently there is a timer set on inactivity. Perhaps it could be reset by the webmaster to a longer interval.

California Travieso 11-19-2021 12:48 PM

Cookies on electronic devices are a fact of life. If you visit sites you trust like your bank, e-mail or Ford Barn it simplifies your life to keep them, otherwise, you experience problems like you described.

To avoid getting logged out while you finish a Long post Like Gary, AKA Wolfa.express, it’s probably best to write it on a word processor and paste it when you’re done.

David Serrano

nkaminar 11-19-2021 04:11 PM

I too get bumped out if I spend too much time responding. I have also used a work processor to compose the response and then copy and paste, especially if it is a long response. The word processor has the advantage of having a spell checker.

I too do not use cookies or any form of tracking. Call me paranoid. Several years ago there was a man arrested because the Google tracking placed him near a crime scene. He was jogging past the scene and didn't have any knowledge of it. I also don't like having targeted ads. My privacy has value. My wife thinks I am crazy. Maybe so.

McMimmcs 11-19-2021 05:21 PM

With due respect it would appear the problem is at your end and not with FordBarn.

JKY 11-20-2021 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McMimmcs (Post 2077765)
With due respect it would appear the problem is at your end and not with FordBarn.

With due respect Wayne, he had an issue and is asking how to deal with it. So he's just looking for advice on how to post. Someone here likely has the answer.

His posts make this a better place. I'd encourage people to be considerate to posters and not make statements that may drive them away. The total community provides experience and knowledge. Just a thought.

McMimmcs 11-20-2021 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKY (Post 2078141)
With due respect Wayne, he had an issue and is asking how to deal with it. So he's just looking for advice on how to post. Someone here likely has the answer.

His posts make this a better place. I'd encourage people to be considerate to posters and not make statements that may drive them away. The total community provides experience and knowledge. Just a thought.

Read the title it suggests the problem is with FordBarn. And FYI Nobody said his posts don’t make this a better place.

JKY 11-20-2021 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McMimmcs (Post 2078142)
Read the title it suggests the problem is with FordBarn. And FYI Nobody said his posts don’t make this a better place.

Read the title, it says, not suggests "Problem With Ford Barn". It does not say the problem "is with FordBarn."

He asked a question. Why turn the tables and tell him the problem is with him?

McMimmcs 11-20-2021 10:41 PM

The problem is not with FordBarn, case closed!

nkaminar 11-21-2021 06:25 AM

Here is an answer that might be helpful. I would like to see more time before the Barn kicks me out.

Bob Bidonde 11-21-2021 09:40 AM

McMimmcs! Are you clairvoyant? Where did you your crystal ball from? I do not kick myself off of the Barn. The Barn does it. I want to know why and how to stop it. MYOB!

McMimmcs 11-21-2021 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Bidonde (Post 2078222)
McMimmcs! Are you clairvoyant? Where did you your crystal ball from? I do not kick myself off of the Barn. The Barn does it. I want to know why and how to stop it. MYOB!

I never said or implied you would be kicked off. Where did that come from. The confusion came when the other party interfered. I was saying from the start that the problem was not in FordBarn system. My apologies if I offended you.
P.s. your MYOB was unkind !

gdmn852 11-21-2021 04:59 PM

Hello I found if I didn’t click the remember me box it would time out often as you said in the middle of a reply,so at least two of us . Hope that may help.

Ryan 11-21-2021 05:32 PM

Sorry for the hassle. That problem happens when your browser is out of memory. Here is how you can beat it:

1. Clear the cache and temporary internet files from your browsers memory.

2. Next time you login, click the "remember me" box.

After that, you will be good to go!

Thanks,

Ryan 11-21-2021 05:32 PM

Sorry for the hassle. That problem happens when your browser is out of memory. Here is how you can beat it:

Thanks,

JKY 11-21-2021 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan (Post 2078361)

Thanks,

Thank you for a solution.

JKY 11-21-2021 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McMimmcs (Post 2078232)
I never said or implied you would be kicked off. Where did that come from. The confusion came when the other party interfered. I was saying from the start that the problem was not in FordBarn system. My apologies if I offended you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by McMimmcs (Post 2078232)

All he's done is state that he has a problem posting. He wants to know how he can avoid that problem. Your posts make it seem like you're confused by what he was asking.

Why make this a personal pissing contest by saying "P.s. your MYOB was unkind !"?

Ruth 11-21-2021 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan (Post 2078362)

Thanks,

Thank you Ryan, something like I said back in post #3. All this other BS could have been avoided.